MultiShortcut plugin (2 Viewers)

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
December 11, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Thanks a lot! Was missing this plugin quite a bit as I use it to listen to my good ol' turntable.

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
is it me or is the feature to hide MP whilst another program is run is not working correctly, i.e. at all

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    is it me or is the feature to hide MP whilst another program is run is not working correctly, i.e. at all

I found the MP1.2B compatible version less reliable that the "later" version I was using with MP1.1.3 stable, especially if you are trying to run more than one programme.

I got round this by essentially using Multishortcut to call a single batch file and then using the batch file to run the individual programmes in-turn. The batch file remains open until the last of the called programmes is closed and multishortcut seems to reliably respect the running batch command and keep MP minimised.

It might be worth trying running a batch file even if you are only running a single programme. You can always add a pause command which will force the command window to stay open until you press a key.

Robbo100

dj_taus

Portal Member
    May 27, 2008
    Thanks for the workaround.

One question though. How do you create more than one shortcuts? Copying the file severarl times and renameing them dosen't work, neither does the newer "setup .dll" application. It's probably trivial, but I'm clueless right now.

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: MultiShortcut plugin

Thanks for the workaround.

One question though. How do you create more than one shortcuts? Copying the file severarl times and renameing them dosen't work, neither does the newer "setup .dll" application. It's probably trivial, but I'm clueless right now.

Hi,

I suppose that you forgot to execute the dllfix.exe-. See download first post.

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Recently i configured this plugin to swith MP between my tv and touchscreen. Now I'm trying to control this with my remote (MCE).
    Can somebody give me some tips how t do this, the wiki is rather cryptic.

Some background, in my home screen I've now listed "> TV" and "> Touch" wich will each fire a multishortcut. Now I would like to assign a MCE button to fire this entry or multishortcut.

Is there a way to this?

Tia john

Migue

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Florida
    Hi Johnnie,
    what you're asking for is possible but it's not straightforward.

1. First you need to open MP config and go to the plugins section and click on config on your custom multishortcut and take note of the Plugin ID.
    2. Now got to the remotes section in MP config and click on Mapping.
    3. Choose a button that has no mapping and click on new at the bottom.
    4. Go in the treeview to the newly created action (which will have "select item by default") and on the right pane under Actions, choose Window.
    The default value for this entry is Home.
    5. Save your settings and close MP Config.
    6. Click on Start Menu -> Programs -> Team Mediaportal -> MediaPortal -> User files.
    7. Open the InputDeviceMappings folder and open the file Microsoft MCE.xml with notepad or your favorite text editor.
    8. Search for Name="name of button you used in step 3".
    9. You'll see a line like this:
    Code:
    <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="WINDOW" cmdproperty="0" sound="click.wav" />
    10. Change the value of cmdproperty to the id you got from step 1.
    11. Save and close the file and launch MP and the button should now launch your multishortcut.

Let me know how it goes.

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Migue,

Wow, what a good and valuable reply. Its working, I assigned "Aspect ratio" and "Print" to the ID's of Multishortcut.

Its working great, I'm now able to move MP to the touchscreen whitout turning on the TV!

Thanks again, and in my opinion this should be on WIKI ;-)!

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom