Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    When I run DLLfix.exe (from v2.3, installing in MP1.2.3), it throws a fit:
    Code:
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cd "\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows>dllfix
    **    MultiShortcut DLL fix (.net metadata changer)  **

1.) Patching files...

- PATCHED: Aquarium.dll with 00 value.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\
    plugins\Windows\Dialogs.dll' because it is being used by another process.
      at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
      at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int
    32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
      at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions optio
    ns, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
      at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
      at DLLFix.Program.Main(String[] args)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows>
    The new plugin, "Aquarium" then shows in MP configuration as "incompatible".
    The exception is obviously because MP is running, but why is this a problem? I thought DLLfix only needed to modify the copies of the MultiShortcut DLL, not any native MP DLLs. ISTR that this worked OK the last time I tried it (with MultiShortcut 2.1, the version on p.11 of this thread).

P.S. Now showing (and working) correctly after running dllfix with MP stopped and using old multishortc00.dll from p. 11 with everything else from 2.3. All other versions tried (2.0 - 2.4 from first post) give "incompatible".

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Try to copy all your (working) Multishortcut dlls (if any) to an empty folder. Than copy one (or more, if needed) new dll (version from this post) to this folder also. Rename new Dll to fit your needs. Than copy dllfix.exe to and run from inside this new folder. Now the patch is working. If you want to add new shortcuts later you need to copy all your recent dll to this folder again, as if you don't do so, it's possible (nearly sure) that you got some with identical IDs, what did not work at all...

Aside from this you need the xml files from any 2.3 or 2.4 full version to be present in your MP system...

If you do so, MSC is running very well on any 1.3.x (or 1.2.x) version of MP...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I copied DLLFix.exe and MultiShortcut00.dll into the Mediaportal folder and executed DLLFix.exe. Now in the MPConfig should be a plugin called MultiShortcut00 but there appears nothing like that. I use MP 1.3 beta whith StreamedMP skin on Windows 7. What do I wrong?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The patched dll(s) need to be copied/moved to Plugins/Windows folder inside Media Portal Program folder, just as any other plugin has to be.
    If this new plugin did not show up in Plugins config also it's well patched and in right folder, that you maybe have used a wrong (not 1.3 compatible) version of the dll. Then it would show up under "incompatible plugins" list below normal Plugins...
    Aside this the other files (Config- file, language files,...) from "full version" has to be on their desired locations.

BTW if you want those plugins to have a proper name you need to rename them before you patch them...
    I have 3 multishortcut dll in use. All are shown with proper name inside the config and inside MP GUI as well. And they are working as expected... Two of them are to remote wake up or put asleep my media server (called ServerStart.dll and ServerStop.dll) and the third one is to launch XBMC from inside MP mainly to watch pictures... This is called xbmc.dll (what else?). XBMC plugin is further down the list, not visible in thios screenshot, but I swear it's there
    msc.jpg

Here is the "XBMC" Plugin
    Screen-4.jpg

and here are the two to start/stop Server
    Screen-20.jpg

No mock-ups, all is working normal...

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have Media Portal on the partition D installed. Do I have to copy the files into d:\mediaportal\plugins\windows or c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\...?
    What do you mean with "full version"?
    I use MultiShortcut 2.4.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I have Media Portal on the partition D installed.
    Why did you do this, especially as you don't seem to be a total MP Guru? If you want to save space on C: drive, this is not the way, as the "huge" data (thumbs, Fanart, Databases,...) is inside C:\ProgramData ... You will get in trouble all the time if you change default path without any need. ou need to know exactly what toi do , if you make such really big changes..

Do I have to copy the files into d:\mediaportal\plugins\windows or c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\...?
    The dll files needs to be in d:\mediaportal\plugins\windows , the xml files goes to c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\...
    What do you mean with "full version"?
    As mentioned in this post lots of time there is no 1.2-1.3 compatible Version of Full installer around. You need additional files from 2.3 or 2.4 version and a 1.2-1.3 compatible dll fond somewere later in this post...

Best you have a look at:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/howto-setup-multishortcut-on-mp-1-3.115918/#post-958317

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I have everything done like in the tutorial. In MPConfig appears the new created plugin named Test. I have done all the settings and clicked Enabled and Listed in Home. When I start MP in the Basic Homescreen I don't see a button called Test. Why, whats wrong?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Basic Homescreen I don't see a button called Test. Why, whats wrong?
    Nothing is wrong. On Basic Home there are only a few plugins listed. I don't know which Skin you are using. Some skins are coming with an editor for Basic Home. On others you need to edit the skin files yourself if you want to have a certain plugin listed in Basic Home screen. That's what I've done, completely redesign the Basic Home screen to fit my personal needs. That's why my real used MSC are on my Basic Home.

You can find the new Plugin in Classic Home screen. There are all Plugins listed...

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Now I have everything done like in the tutorial. In MPConfig appears the new created plugin named Test. I have done all the settings and clicked Enabled and Listed in Home. When I start MP in the Basic Homescreen I don't see a button called Test. Why, whats wrong?
    It would make life easier for those who are trying to help you (and probably for you, too ;-), if you would fill in your "system specs" in your user profile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom