MultiShortcut plugin (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to use it for launching Spotify ?
    It should be as long as you have a means of running Spotify from Windows. Attached is a screenshot showing 5 of the 6 shortcuts I have installed on my MP 1.27 HTPC (DWHD skin) and here is a link to the thread which helped me set it up. In my case these shortcuts open the Edge browser with a direct link (argument) to the UK TV channels indicated by the logo which can be added.

M_shortcut.jpg

Last edited:

atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France
    It should be as long as you have a means of running Spotify from Windows. Attached is a screenshot showing 5 of the 6 shortcuts I have installed on my MP 1.27 HTPC (DWHD skin) and here is a link to the thread which helped me set it up. In my case these shortcuts open the Edge browser with a direct link (argument) to the UK TV channels indicated by the logo which can be added.

View attachment 208488
    In my case it would be "spotify.exe"

DWHD skin: it's "default wide hd" skin?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    DWHD skin: it's "default wide hd" skin?
    Yes, you will need to edit the "BasicHomeEditorDefines.xml" it is all explained in the other thread I linked to but I can try and post a more definitive description here if you wish as that was trial and error, let me know.
    "spotify.exe" should work fine.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I am planing to use this plugin to launch molotov.tv, the shortcut vvill replace the TV button (or the TV button vvill launch molotov) on the screen.
    Before trying to make risky modifications, could you tell me if it is possible?
    Many thanks.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I install the latest MultiShortcut plugin for the x64 bit version of MP 1.32 pre will the old version installed in the x86 version of MP 1.32 (updated from MP 1.31) still work? given the "language" folder installed in Program Data/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal is common so will be overwritten?

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    If I install the latest MultiShortcut plugin for the x64 bit version of MP 1.32 pre will the old version installed in the x86 version of MP 1.32 (updated from MP 1.31) still work?
    Should work, better would be to update both 32 and 64 bits folders with latest plugin version. (Dont forget rename and apply dllfix as administrator)
    given the "language" folder installed in Program Data/Team MediaPortal/MediaPortal is common so will be overwritten?
    MultiShortcut is not MPEI then, if you put language folder in common, it will be overwritten, if not, older files will be used.
    If you have a specific language file, it can be integrated to next plugin release, if you want.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have replaced the Language file with the new version but I am having problems getting the x64 version working, when I change the button name in config it does not rename the shortcut even after restarting config and the skin editor can't find it see sceenshots below.
    I have 9 shortcuts set up with the old version in the x86 MP am I being too hopefull that I can retain them while testing the multishortcut plugin in x64 MP? BTW the Multishortcut.xml file is regenerated with all the x86 content after running the dllfix program, I think, even after deletion.
    ms-1.jpgms-2.jpg

Last edited:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello, :)
    For the moment, I have stabilized my 1.32 X86 version with working MPurl... and DVD_art (integrated in MP or 3rd party plugins).
    Because of changes with Mysql in the same time, X64 is not on my agenda for the moment.
    Also please, even if I have made the max for translations, also in plugin config, I absolutely don't understand german language then please, put a screenshot in French or at least, for International, in English. ;)
    Then, I could look at it when X64 install will be definitively my default MP work.
    THX in advance. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom