MultiShortcut plugin (1 Viewer)

Gunn

Portal Member
October 13, 2007
Re: MultiShortcut plugin.

try right-clicking the dllfix.exe and choose 'run as administrator' since I can see an UnauthorizedAccess error.
Also, be sure you do NOT run the dllfix.exe inside the MediaPortal plugin folder(s), do it in a separate, clean folder.

good luck.

Thanks for the info. I was just getting back to this thread to report that I figured it out! And the fix was exactly as you said. I opened up a command prompt and ran the dllfix.exe from inside there. I got a nice .NET stack trace there that told me that the dllfix was getting an access-denied on the multi-shortcut DLL it was trying to process. That's when I thought of the admin thing. Once I did what you said, it completed successfully.

Now I have it all configured nicely, thanks!

Tom

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Hi DreadFury,

Can you make the plugin load an image once it is clicked instead of going back to the homescreen. Or is that something we should do in the skin xml file?
Let me know.

Thanks,

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country

Hi DreadFury,

Can you make the plugin load an image once it is clicked instead of going back to the homescreen. Or is that something we should do in the skin xml file?
Let me know.

Thanks,

You can have the plugin display an image and a hover image, if this is what you mean.
It also depends on the skin you are using, as some have their own setup in assigning images.

I personally use BlackGlass, and setting up images for my shortcuts is a breeze using the BlackGlass Basic Home Editor.

For other skins following the more traditional approach (Such as B3 And B3W), you can assign images inside the multishortcut config. (place the image files in the correct skin folder, then assign them inside the config window)

I think this is what you were asking.
If not, please give more details.

Thanks!

Lolento

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country

Ok, I tried that, it isn't what I mean.

For example, like the Arcsoft Player Plugin, when you actually click on the plugin to activate it, MP will load a black screen until Arcsoft player is loaded. I like to do a similar thing, sort of like a splash screen during the loading of the plugin.

thx

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

That would be a cool idea, my partner some times clicks twice thinking the plug-in is not doing any thing, when it is just taking a while to load..

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Cool man, will look into integrating it, would be nice though if it was integrated into multishortcut it's self though, but beggars can't be choosers lol..

grooves12

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006

I'm using this plugin and it works great... however, I am using an MCE remote, and certain functions MP is still intercepting commands even though it is in the background.

How do I make it so that MP will not accept remote commands while another program has focus in the foreground?

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country

I'm using this plugin and it works great... however, I am using an MCE remote, and certain functions MP is still intercepting commands even though it is in the background.

How do I make it so that MP will not accept remote commands while another program has focus in the foreground?

Having MultiShortcut 'hide MP' or even restarting it should do the trick.

Personally I use IRSS to handle my remote and it has the option to only control MP (and anything else you choose) only if it has focus.

vinch100

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Hi,

I tried to configure 2 multishortcuts : 1 for Webbrowser and the other one with HD_Starter.exe but nothing moves when I click on the menu button.. no error message, nothing...

I searched through the logs after running MP indebug mode but there is nothing related to Multishortcut.... is there any way to activate some type of "Extended Logging"?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom