MultiShortcut plugin (1 Viewer)

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Excellent news! Glad it's working.

As for the -no name- part, you need to give the shortcut a name in MP config in the "Button Caption" section. See the screen shot of my Nevermiss.TV shortcut.

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• multishortcut config.png
      multishortcut config.png
      69 KB

Migue

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Florida
    I can't reproduce the problem with tvseries (and don't use 4tr).
    Please attach your multishortcut.xml located in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal to try to replicate exact conditions.
    Also, what language OS are you using and what language do you have MP set to.

Thanks.

JonHancock

Portal Member
    December 17, 2007
    Hi,
    After much searching and reconfiguring i have finally found the problem (in my case). I had AC3 filter setup in TV postprocessing, not sure why it causes a crash but removing it makes the problem go away.

Best regards,
    Jon.

m0use

Portal Pro
    February 6, 2008
    Hi,
    My OS is windows 7 sp1 in finnish and i have set finnland in mediaportal configuration.
    Becouse of what JonHancock has found i will update my saf5 to saf 6 and test if that is going to make a difference, will report here if problem has gone away. :) Maybe it is somehow codec related issue.

edit:
    Hey,
    I fixed it too :p, i had saf502 and i updated that to the latest saf6 and it is gone, no more crashes from multishortcut so i would guess it was a codec problem here as well. :D for everyboby who helped along the way.

Attachments

• MultiShortcut.xml.rar
      629 bytes

n3w813

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there a way to 'close' MP instead of just 'hiding' it? I would like to open up a program and terminate MediaPortal.

TBird1

Portal Member
    December 20, 2011
    Islandmagee, County Antrim
    Home Country
    All I want to do is have a menu link within MediaPortal that closes MP and Launches XBMC.

I am using the latest version of MediaPortal v1.2.2 on Windows 7

After having read the posts within this forum it is not clear to me if I have to get in to copying .dll files/fiddling with xml files or if there a straightforward installer to enable this functionality ?

Would really appreciate any advice on the easiest method to achieve my goal.

Thanks

TBird1

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    All I want to do is have a menu link within MediaPortal that closes MP and Launches XBMC.

I am using the latest version of MediaPortal v1.2.2 on Windows 7

After having read the posts within this forum it is not clear to me if I have to get in to copying .dll files/fiddling with xml files or if there a straightforward installer to enable this functionality ?

Would really appreciate any advice on the easiest method to achieve my goal.

Thanks

TBird1

Ok, I understand it is a little confusing, I thought about making a new post with instructions as they are now but I don't want to hijack anybody else work.

First download the version 2.3 of this plugin https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...4-multishortcut-plugin-multishortcut_v2.3.rar

Extract the rar somewhere on your computer, in the extracted folder you will find a Mediaportal/plugins/Windows folder, Copy (only) the "DLLFix.exe" file.
    Next go to C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows and paste the "DLLFix.exe" in here.

Also in the extracted folder you will find a language/MultiShortcut folder, Copy the whole "Multishotcut folder".
    Next go to C:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language and paste the "Multishotcut folder" in here.

Now download the for 1.2 updated "MultiShortcut00.dll" https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...3910-multishortcut-plugin-multishortcut00.zip
    Extract the zip file somewhere on your PC, Rename the "MultiShortcut00.dll" in this case to "XBMC.dll", and copy.
    Again go to C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows and paste the "XBMC.dll" in here.

Now right click on the "DLLFix.exe" in this same folder and run "as administrator", press enter to register the .dll

Now Open Mediaportals configuration and go to plugins, you will see a new plugin "XBMC", click "Configuration".

Now change the values like the picture in attachment and you should be good to go.....
    (program 2 is not fully visable, but this directs to the mediaportal.exe, this will keep focus on MP after XBMC closes)

Attachments

• XBMC.png
      XBMC.png
      81.2 KB

TBird1

Portal Member
    December 20, 2011
    Islandmagee, County Antrim
    Home Country
    Thank you for your very clear instructions.

Just one question before I go ahead and do this . . . MP versions are iterating quite frequently at the moment, what are the chances that implementing this will prevent me from upgrading to the next version of MP when it is released (or cause other problems)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom