jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is no authentication or anything
    Just need to apply for an API key... do we have one already for MP?

I guess we have but I don't know.... going to check Yes check AudioscrobblerBase.cs

I am just trying to apply for an API key for HTPC backdrops but seems their email server is broke and I have not had the email to allow me to register yet

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Where you also looking into adding Album scrape from LastFM to MP music section? Is album covers still only downloaded if I use Audioscrobbler in MP config? Would it be an idea to add this in the plugin as well to later be moved to MP?

cheers
    cul8er

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Where you also looking into adding Album scrape from LastFM to MP music section? Is album covers still only downloaded if I use Audioscrobbler in MP config? Would it be an idea to add this in the plugin as well to later be moved to MP?

I was looking at adding sections for album artwork (from last.fm and possibly else where) as well as artist and album details (all the biography stuff). Unfortunately the amount of work to get the other stuff working meant I did not get time before feature freeze so again this won't be in 1.2 :( If we could add some / all of this to fanart handler that would make it the best thing ever created :D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

The attached version of FH will scrape;
    * artist thumbs from htbackdrops & lastfm
    * album thumbs from lastfm

Thumbs downloaded from LastFM will be correctly cropped to 1:1 thumb format. Thumbs downloaded from htbackdrops is already in 1:1 format. All thumbs will be resized to 75x75 and 500x500 size.

The file is compiled towards MP1.2 SVN (cannot be used with MP1.1.x). The file is only for testing and should not be installed on your production box. It will upgrade your fanart handler database so be sure to backup it and your thumbs/skin fanart folder before testing.

Please let me know how it works.

cheers
    cul8er

Attachments

• FanartHandler.rar
      203.6 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Thumbs downloaded from LastFM will be correctly cropped to 1:1 thumb format. Thumbs downloaded from htbackdrops is already in 1:1 format. All thumbs will be resized to 75x75 and 500x500 size.
    Downloading now but just a couple of questions. If a pic is smaller than 500x500 will it be resized up to 500x500 or will resizing only take place if the thumb is larger than 500x500 ?

Also how are you handling non 1:1 thumbs from last.fm. Are you only looking for 1:1 thumbs or are you actually cropping non-square images?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Just trying this out now and there are a couple of odd things with the manage thumbnail tab.

First off, it does not let you manage the ;) are you planning on adding buttons to delete thumbs?

Secondly I only seem to have 77 artists listed but I have 562 in the artist table in music database.

Then where you have artists without any thumbs it gets a little odd. The screen shows a file name of what would be the large thumb even if this does not actually exist and the thumbs displayed is the last thumb of an artist who did actually have one.

Would it be possible to have columns in this tab for thumb size (and possible aspect ratio) ??

Also does this version scrape album covers? I do not see any options in config for this (although thinking about this I am a little confused as to how this would work. Is the intention to download a thumb to folder.jpg and to MusicThumbs.Albums?)

Final thought (I am very demanding :)) would it be possible to have a tab showing all artists with no thumb ?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    OK me again...

FanartHandler log has some errors
    21-Dec-2010 12:04:27 Error [ FanartRandom]: SetupWindowsUsingRandomImages, filename:mytvpriorities.xml): System.Xml.XmlException: The 'controls' start tag on line 8 does not match the end tag of 'control'. Line 124, position 5.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument.LoadFromReader(XmlReader reader, XmlSpace space)
    at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(String uri, XmlSpace space)
    at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(String uri)
    at FanartHandler.FanartRandom.SetupWindowsUsingRandomImages()
    21-Dec-2010 12:04:27 Error [ FanartHandlerSetup]: setupWindowsUsingFanartHandlerVisibility, filename:mytvpriorities.xml): System.Xml.XmlException: The 'controls' start tag on line 8 does not match the end tag of 'control'. Line 124, position 5.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument.LoadFromReader(XmlReader reader, XmlSpace space)
    at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(String uri, XmlSpace space)
    at System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument..ctor(String uri)
    at FanartHandler.FanartHandlerSetup.SetupWindowsUsingFanartHandlerVisibility()

Also I ended up with a tmp file being left around when I closed MP. Last entry in log is
    Code:
    21-Dec-2010 12:05:47 Debug [             Scraper]: Downloading album tumbnail for Beck (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\Albums\Beck-Mellow Gold_tmp.jpg). 
    21-Dec-2010 12:05:47  Info [  FanartHandlerSetup]: Fanart Handler is stopped.
    and that tmp file was a 50% drawn jpg.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I guess I found the answer to one of my questions. I have some thumbs which must have been scraped from last.fm and resized to 500x500 but this must be cropped rather than resized as I have a few missing heads ;)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    This is generally working really well but one other little thing I noticed is the default image that last.fm gives you if your tags do not match their (http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/29741801.png)

I think in the audioscrobbler code within MP there are some IDs which get filtered out to avoid this image being downloaded.

I have a couple of artist thumbs now which are this default image

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Can you please add what the artist name was (in the tag) when you get this default image so that I can do some tests.

best regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom