Music in folder not played after playlist error (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Oke thank you, I will try the build and report back. The build also includes all other fixes from the repository rigth?

Yep all scheduled for 1.7.100 (equal to 1.8.0Pre release) with status close are in. :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oke, got it. I'm quite familair with Jira since I use it on work but I expected 1.8.100 to be 1.8 final but it seems to be test version of 1.9.

I will check if the "weird behavior" from HomeY his comment is still in the build and report back after that.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Normally I use the 'Add all tracks' and the 'play' option so I tested this first:

Play a folder(using play button on my remote, I guess this is the same as enter)
    all mp3 files from the folder are added to the now playling list, the m3u which is also in the dir isn't added: works

Clicked for a second time on the same directory: the directory starts playing from the beginning

Click play on another directory: the playlist is cleared and all new files are added and starts playing.

Click on an mp3 in another folder: now playing is cleared, m3u in this folder is ignored, mp3 files are added

(cleared playlist) Playing playlist (m3u): works
    - click on the same mp3 which is already in the playlist: not added

Click another playlist(.m3u): the new playlist start playing the old one is cleared. However in the ticket is said this is wrong I think this is expected behaviour since normally you use playlist to play a batch of music files and don't mix these up. When using play playlist next it will add the files from the playlist to the "now playing list" and creates one list from these 2 lists. I think this is good.

Clear playlist

Play one mp3: works, all files from the folder are added and the mp3 starts to play

I also did some tests with 'queue' option and 'add all tracks' not checked:

Play 1 mp3(click on mp3): Just this mp3 is added
    Click on another mp3(same directory): this is added to the playlist and will play after the first mp3
    Click on a m3u in another folder: the playlist is cleared and start playing the new playlist(This is like reported in the ticket but I'm not sure if this isn't expected(see my comment above))
    Click an mp3 in another folder: this is added in the now playling after the playlist I added before.

The only thing I found out is wrong sometimes, is the way the back button works. When I play a song -> click current playlist -> stop the music(stop button) -> click back sometimes this doesn't work and you have to click back twice. But I think this is a minor issue and has nothing to do with this ticket.

When i add 2 songs to the playlist (same config settings as above) and after that hit F9 on the m3u playlist in the album folder, and select 'queue item' the playlist is messed up. It didn't add the songs present in the playlist, but MP added both songs already present in the playlist 6 more times.
    jeditor_ck_provider.jsp

I tried this on the m3u which contains the 2 same songs, this will add the mp3 files twice. I also tried it on another playlist this will add the current added songs multiplied with the number of tracks in the second pressed playlist.

I hope this is enough information to start working on this issue. If you need any help I'm pleased to help.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Normally I use the 'Add all tracks' and the 'play' option so I tested this first

I use it like this too :)
    Thanks for the report, on my side i'm a little lost lol (it look ok when i test) so need to reproduce it first to try to fix it :)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I use it like this too :)
    Thanks for the report, on my side i'm a little lost lol (it look ok when i test) so need to reproduce it first to try to fix it :)

I know what you mean:)(I'm a Java developer myself).

Hey : MP1-4449_Common.GUIPlugins.zip attached to Jira :)

Thank you, tested it and the playlist items got added correctly now. I'm still able to add a playlist twice but I think this is correct behaviour since in some use cases you want to be able to schedule a song twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom