Music playback hangs randomly in Wasapi mode (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @wawa79

Could you please test playback with XMPlay (player developed by the BASS guys) -> Link and report, if playback is working?

Best regards
    Helios61

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, yes I switched the numbers.
    The file you play is 44.1khz and windows is set to 48. Could you try to match it? Put windows on 16b+44.1 as well. Just to see if it is the switching which fails.
    I did it : default windows on 16b@44.1kHz and same issue when playing Wasapi : music hags after few seconds

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh.. shame this did not tell us anything. :( I'm out of idea's. Sorry.

@hwahrmann
    I think its wise if you shine your light on this a little. Do you have any other MP suggestions or theories? Or is Helios's post, above, the only option left?

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi @wawa79

Could you please test playback with XMPlay (player developed by the BASS guys) -> Link and report, if playback is working?

Best regards
    Helios61
    Installed in tested XMPlay: Wasapi playback on my nuForce USB interface does not even start. I tried many combinations of buffer, sampling rate, windows default sampling rate and no sound: elapse time counter freezes at 00:00.1 or 00:00.2 and that's it. :sick:

Something strange: as I am repeating since yesterday, Foobar is handling perfectly Wasapi exclusive (both in event-driven and push modes) both for the Azalia integrated audio board and the USB nuForce SPDIF interface...
    After I "played" with XMPlay, Foobar did not output any sound in Wasapi mode. I had to restart my computer to get it playing Wasapi again.
    Looks like Wasapi bass is doing something wrong... :cry::confused:

I am reverting to an older version of my USB interface driver to see what happens. As far as I remember, Wasapi was working fine with MP1.5. And maybe at that time I did not have the current driver (I use to update drivers to the latest available version when reinstalling MP). :rolleyes:

I will keep you posted.:)

By the way, yesterday I tried WASAPI playback through my on-board Azalia audio: I got like pink noise instead of music in MP.
    I could reproduce this in XMPlay when ticking 'Use highest available resolution' in 'Options and stuff > Output > Wasapi'. When unticked, it plays normal bitperfect music: maybe there is somethign to change here in Wasapi support also.

Thank you a lot for your support :)

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    Last update...
    The issue seems to be linked with the driver of the USB nuForce SPDIF interface: after installing the previous version of the driver, I managed to play music using Wasapi with XMPlay (after tweaking the buffer size).
    I have also been playing music in MP using Wasapi with no issue for 2 hours (y). I am not changing anything anymore in the audio settings and enjoy my music at last!
    Time will tell us if this was the real cause.

In any case, I feel the way Wasapi is implemented in MP (through Bass) is much less reliable than in Foobar. It would be worth digging a little into this with the Bass team. o_O

Thank you for your help again ;)

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    I just wanted to say they can save a lot worse
    if they would have followed my advices to. ;)

See!
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mly-in-wasapi-mode.125571/page-2#post-1076086

greets
    Of cource, I deinstalled/reinstalled the nuForce driver before posting here... I even reinstalled several times Window 7 and MP 2 times from scratch since I have the issue! Don't call me idiot, please.

Because Wasapi worked with other softwares (Jplay and Foobar), I keep thinking the issue comes from incorrect Wasapi implementation in MP/Bass.
    Luckily it works correctly with the first version of nuForce driver (not available on their Web site anymore), and I had a backup of it...

I think it is still worth reviewing Wasapi implementation for 2 reasons:
    1) Wasapi works fine with any other Wasapi audio player I tested (Jplay, Foobar)
    2) pink noise on Azalia audio set to Wasapi : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mly-in-wasapi-mode.125571/page-3#post-1076368

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom