[Finished] Music Player Enhancements (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Dev-Team!
    Could you please add support for WASAPI, ASIO (BASSWASAPI, BASSASIO) and cuesheets to musicplayer?

Best regards
    Helios

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ASIO (BASSWASAPI, BASSASIO)

BASSWASAPI is same as using WASAPI from BASS? Separate WASAPI doesn't make any sence unles someone wants to write a BASS replacement (with DirectShow player, if such exists in MP2, you need to write DS WASAPI renderer or use MPAR).

ASIO itself wont make any sense (other than for really broken drivers that wont support WASAPI properly) since we aren't supporting XP with MP2.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have no knowledge on MP2 side, but WASAPI itself is something we "must" support as it allows bypassing OS mixer (alhout in >= Vista the OS mixer is quite good, but still no need to allow any external component to resample the audio).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For DShow based player we can already select the audio renderer. Here could MPAR come into play.

What is needed to implement (or only "enable"?) for BASS?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    you would like to have dshow filters, like MPAR, with BASS?
    there is a plugin, which can handle any filter.
    it was originally developed to watch video using BASS player, but could also run audio

or are you asking about WASAPI in BASS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Music Player issues DE
    @hwahrmann maybe can helps
    @hwahrmann maybe can helps
    Version: MediaPortal 1.30 Issue 1: At the end of a playback (when the last item of playlist ends), the player is not properly...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is unmounted again by MP and therefore doesnt show up in the drive any longer. Example: [2023-10-16 18:43:04,367] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Start process C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Replies
    Views
    It took a while but loading the three updates and waiting, (I wandered off doing other things), while the Win 7 searched for updates eventually brought about 170 available updates. I picked the latest, largest and Cumulative ones and everything burst into action enough to re-install MediaPortal 1.33 which is running very well. I let...
    It took a while but loading the three updates and waiting, (I wandered off doing other things), while the Win 7 searched for...
    Hi Running MP1 - 1.39 for long while, no issues. 10th April [same time as 2024-KB5037036 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom