Not open for further replies.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    - 24/96 and DTS spdif passthrough only works with ASIO. Bass player will pass through 24/96 but DTS results in noise. This indicates that there is still some re-sampling going on somewhere.
    Probably windows. What is the output rate set to for standard windows? What sound card is this (can you fill in system specs)

WASAPI exclusive mode wont allow OS to intefere the audio stream at all.
    OP was using standard BASS player (WASAPI won't work for them)

synthdood

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay, I think I made a little progress. Could be interesting for everyone using M-audio cards.

When looking at supported formats in windows I noticed it always shows just one samplerate for the audiophile spdif device, the one that is currently set in the M-audio control panel. It looks like the M-audio driver does not report all the supported formats to windows but only the active one. This might explain why in MP 1.4 I could not get more than one samplerate/format working, it was only seeing one supported rate at a time and thus would resample everything to that rate instead of switching to the appropriate rate. If I set the M-audio control panel to 44.1KHz, MP will play DTS but 48, 88, 96 and 192 are all resampled to 44.1. If I set the driver to 48, 88 or 96 it resamples everything to that (breaking DTS in the process). Funny thing is that with Asio4all it did work (probably because Asio4all does report all supported samplerates). Unfortunately the combination of Bass ASIO & Asio4all seems to be very sensitive to high CPU loads and as a result I got drop outs. The PureAudio plugin worked better in that regard. Plugins like moving pictures and TV series can cause high CPU loads when they scan media folders in the background.

At this point I was at a dead end with the M-audio card. It only seems to work properly with the PureAudio plugin but that does not work in the current MP build so another solution needed to be found.

Then late last night I had an epiphany: Now, I gave up on my crappy on-board RealAudio years ago because that would not do proper pass-through in MP and that's when I bought an M-audio audiophile 24/96, installed the PureAudio plugin and never looked back. Worked like a dream! Until MP1.4 that was. Now that MP can do Wasapi and since I was not getting anywhere with the M-audio card I thought I'd give the on-board Realtek chipset another go and low and behold... it works! I now use Wasapi exclusive mode and so far everything I threw at it passed straight through to my receiver! As a bonus I can now also pass through 192KHz (The audiophile was max 96KHz). It is early days yet but in the half hour or so that I tested this config last night not a single drop out. I will need to test over a longer period of time though to be certain. Fingers crossed..

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    before and rewind not working @ 1.4 pre release u know ?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    before and rewind not working @ 1.4 pre release u know ?
    If there is a bug in 1.4 pre release report it in the appropriate bug forum (with full logs and description etc.)

This is now in the code and the rework is finished so please deal with issues as with any other issue.

Closing this thread

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom