Yeah 4 is maybe a little long :p

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, tough one. For one I hate hardcoded values - at the same time 4 secs is too long while it is a good value for x-fading. So my vote would be with 2 secs.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hmm, tough one. For one I hate hardcoded values - at the same time 4 secs is too long while it is a good value for x-fading. So my vote would be with 2 secs.

The problem is that this is NOT a bug fix and we have closed the merge window the day before yesterday.
    So this can't be done before 1.5.0, if i follow the rules strictly.

synthdood

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have reently ijstalled Scythe42's latest build and if I understand correctlty this build contains the latest GIT master and thus also contains the music player rework/ I've noticed a few odd things in the music player though:

- 24/96 and DTS spdif passthrough only works with ASIO. Bass player will pass through 24/96 but DTS results in noise. This indicates that there is still some re-sampling going on somewhere. WASAPI does not work for me. Everything stays silent (M-Audio audiophile PCI interface)
    - Skip steps don't work on forward and rewind when using a remote (IrTrans). I tried mapping FWD and REW buttons to F5 and F6 but that also doesn't work. I get a feeling fwd and rew commands coming in through the remote are not handled at all in the music player this build. Is that possible or am I talking rubbish? (F5 and F6 do work)
    - I've been having a lot of drop outs. Mediaportal.exe seems to be using a lot of CPU during music playback. I have no idea why (not using visualisations) This was not an issue in 1.3.0. BASS and ASIO Buffer settings all at maximum now, but that doesn't help much. Is there any way I can see what MP is doing that could be consuming so much CPU?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    - 24/96 and DTS spdif passthrough only works with ASIO. Bass player will pass through 24/96 but DTS results in noise. This indicates that there is still some re-sampling going on somewhere.
    Probably windows. What is the output rate set to for standard windows? What sound card is this (can you fill in system specs)
    WASAPI does not work for me. Everything stays silent (M-Audio audiophile PCI interface)
    Logs please
    - Skip steps don't work on forward and rewind when using a remote (IrTrans). I tried mapping FWD and REW buttons to F5 and F6 but that also doesn't work. I get a feeling fwd and rew commands coming in through the remote are not handled at all in the music player this build. Is that possible or am I talking rubbish? (F5 and F6 do work)
    You have enabled this in config?
    You need to map the buttons to the actions ACTION_FORWARD / ACTION_MUSIC_FORWARD and ACTION_REWIND / ACTION_MUSIC_REWIND and have the option enabled in config. (these are the defaults for forward and rewind buttons on MCE remote in IRTrans). Do these work when playing videos?

- I've been having a lot of drop outs. Mediaportal.exe seems to be using a lot of CPU during music playback. I have no idea why (not using visualisations) This was not an issue in 1.3.0. BASS and ASIO Buffer settings all at maximum now, but that doesn't help much. Is there any way I can see what MP is doing that could be consuming so much CPU?
    Logs might help

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    - 24/96 and DTS spdif passthrough only works with ASIO. Bass player will pass through 24/96 but DTS results in noise. This indicates that there is still some re-sampling going on somewhere.
    Probably windows. What is the output rate set to for standard windows? What sound card is this (can you fill in system specs)

WASAPI exclusive mode wont allow OS to intefere the audio stream at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom