Music plugin buggy in last CVS (1 Viewer)

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Since a couple of CVS back the music plugin has been extremely buggy.
    The text is not drawn, only empty buttons for the artists, genres etc. Only time the text is drawn is when you select to display the folder structure. There is also no possibility to access my playlists from the bluetwo skin anymore. And when going backwards from the music screen media portal often crashes all together.

Has anyone else experienced these bugs?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    I have some other issues with the music plugin since last cvs. For me playlists are mostly not working and MP crashes sometimes too.
    I reported it in IRC, so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Regards,

Paloema

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    According to this post, it appears as though SteveV has picked up the programming batton to this plugin and will be working on it. Prior to this time it didn't look like any developer was working on resolving any issues or adding any feature functionality to this plugin.

Mike

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Music plugin buggy in RC2 too!

Raven said:
    Since a couple of CVS back the music plugin has been extremely buggy.
    The text is not drawn, only empty buttons for the artists, genres etc. Only time the text is drawn is when you select to display the folder structure. There is also no possibility to access my playlists from the bluetwo skin anymore. And when going backwards from the music screen media portal often crashes all together.

Has anyone else experienced these bugs?

I second this bug report. I'm using RC2 right now, and I have these problems, which didn't exist in older CVSes (my last CVS version was from 10/12/2005 I think).

The text for the Shares view is fine, no problems there. However, it seems odd that F9, the button for the context menu is mapped to the volume down action in the Shares View.

For the artist view, no text is displayed for the artist list, the albums list, but however, it is displayed for the list of titles. However, the duration values do not get displayed.

For the album view, no text is displayed for the album list, however again, the list of song titles do display (no durations again).

The database is fine because I can see all the data in it using the SQLite browser. Also, the number of items reported within MediaPortal is correct too. Its just that the labels don't show.

This extract from the log files may help:
    20/12/2005 2:34:49 AM OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.SetLabels()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.SetLabels()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.LoadDirectory(String strNewDirectory)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.OnPageLoad()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    20/12/2005 2:34:50 AM Loaded font:font14 height:18 texture:512x512 chars:[32-513] miplevels:1
    20/12/2005 2:34:52 AM OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.SetLabels()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.SetLabels()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.LoadDirectory(String strNewDirectory)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.OnClick(Int32 iItem)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicBaseWindow.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Music.GUIMusicGenres.OnClicked(Int32 controlId, GUIControl control, ActionType actionType)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

Hope this helps,

Sam[/code]

Stooo

Portal Member
    December 7, 2005
    Scotland
    Yep - I'll third that confirmation of this bug....

same problems here from the last two CVS builds of RC1 and now in RC2.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    I'll have a look at this as soon as I have a little free time. Our year end at work has been nothing short of insanity. Good news though, I have some time off between Christmas and New Year. So hang in there.

--Steve

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Bug fixed. I'll be uploading the new code soon, but while I'm at it, I'm going to try and fix the history problem (MP doesn't remember the previously selected artist/album when navigating) and a few other little problems.

Sam

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    That is wonderful news! Thank you so much for your great work!
    I'm so glad this will be fixed before christmas since I want to use Media Portal for music during the holidays and I didn't want to switch back to an older build.

Thanks again!!

Stooo

Portal Member
    December 7, 2005
    Scotland
    wicked news... nice one.

fixing the history issue with navigation would be great too... I've always wondered if there was a way round that.

Keep up the great work folks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom