MUSIC RATING UPDATER - plugin to store star rating inside each mp3 file (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: Plugin / standalone .exe to Scan music database for track rating and store in id3

The problem is that in the new version (Beta and SVN) we are having a newer version of taglib-sharp, which is used by the plugin.

Can you compile the code on your own?
    If so, you could compile a version on your own. i might later post a version to be compatible with 1.2 Beta and SVN.

However the attached version should be able to work with the current released version of MP, which is 1.1.3.

Attachments

• MusicRatingUpdater.mpe1
      9.6 KB

Den70

Portal Member
    February 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: Plugin / standalone .exe to Scan music database for track rating and store in id3

Tnx for the quick reply :D

I am familiar with Visual Basic code but not with this one. I'll try this one this weekend and let you know the result.

Edit:
    It seems to work! I changed a couple of ratings in MP and when I checked the files were changed also. Many thanks.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Any update on whether this now works with v1.2beta?

I am just getting around to rating my music, but don't want to have to do this more than once, with over 4000 songs. Thanks.

Alternatively, is there any way to manually save the rating data, for a manual restore at a later date, if required?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

i can do a build for 1.2Beta.

However i am currently on a Business trip and returning only on the weekend.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Just a bump post to remind you, hwahrmann ;)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Sorry, was too busy in the last weeks.
    Here's a version, which is 1.2Beta compatible

Just copy the dll into the Plugins\Process folder

Attachments

• MusicRatingUpdater.zip
      7.1 KB

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

Thanks for this plugin.

Request: can rating updates be added for FLAC files?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

To my knowledge there is no official Rating Tag for FLAC files.
    If someone writes ratings then they would be proprietary

Do you have FLACs with ratings? if yes, which program wrote those ratings?

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

Ah I see, I did not know FLAC's could not have ratings attached to them.

That's a pity as I was hoping to start adding individual track ratings to my large music collection and I wanted to have a way of preserving that data outside of MP.

I wonder if there is a way to allow for this: maybe add/append the rating to the comment field in a FLAC file, this would then need import support in MP to check FLAC's for extra rating info in that field... MP1.3????

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

FLAC uses the Vorbis Coment format for tagging. It doesn't have a Rating tag.
    However we could introduce one, so that e.g. we write RATING=5 and MP could read that.
    But this information would be only available within MediaPortal, as no other program would search for a RATING tag inside a FLAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom