MUSIC section will not open (1 Viewer)

GDkitty

March 18, 2013
Georgina, Ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hey folks. New Media-portal user, so bear with me, if this is an EASY fix, that I missed.

First off.. LOVING Media portal. Already have 1.3 installed, with titan, have my movies /w database already set up and working... MPTV series set up, and databasing the TV series... even have the MyANime3 plugin working.

Now.. came to trying to setup the music.
Setup, is as per below
music1.jpg

music2.jpg

Music IS in the database it appears (not sure about album art, etc..) but when you try to update from the share, scans all, and says no new after going through 1700 or so.. so should be all in the database)

music3.jpg

Now.. the problem...

Initially, when I clicked on the MUSIC button, in the TITAN theme.. it would start to fade out like it was transitioning.. then NOTHING, came right back to the menu.

Found the MUSIC under plugins, was DISABLED. So I enabled that.
It now... goes INTO that section... it completely locks up MP.

I have also tried it, under the regular theme.. same thing, completely locks up MP.

Anyone have any ideas??

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please check the "plugins" section and take a look at the "music" plugin. Is it enabled? if not....enable it and it should work

EDIT: sorry...hadnt read the whole posting :)
    Have you made an manual scan for your Music folders inside the configuration? Click "update database from selected shares"

Last edited:

GDkitty

March 18, 2013
    Georgina, Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes, the initial not opening period, I solved by enabling the plug :)

Yes, I had already did the manual scan. Just ran it again, just incase.
    0 added / 4575 skipped. initial time I ran it, I am pretty sure is said that it added them... so its now skipping them, since they are in there.[DOUBLEPOST=1363706305][/DOUBLEPOST]Im going to try, a full 'overwrite' of the database.. just incase something is corrupt.

It just sucks, there is no DATABASE VIWER, like there is for the videos, TV addons, etc.

It updated/added a good portion of them.. still locks up completely though.

Going to head to lunch shortly, will leave it running, and see if it maybe is just trying to cache things and needs time, etc.

Last edited:

GDkitty

March 18, 2013
    Georgina, Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Not sure WHAT these errors mean.. but I am guessing its the CAUSE?
    Taken from the mediaportal.log

Code:
    2013-03-19 11:26:56.422600 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\mymusicsongs.xml' is missing control id 8 (window property: btnSearch)
    2013-03-19 11:26:56.428600 [Warn.][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\mymusicsongs.xml' is missing control id 12 (window property: btnPlayCd)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When in the music section of MP Client, does MP Crash is that why you had to kill it.
    What happens when you change to 'shares view' instead of 'database' view (Go into music, access the side menu and choose view)

GDkitty

March 18, 2013
    Georgina, Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Success, I think!
    Well, when I went INTO that section to begin with, I want able to bring up ANY menu at all, it would hard lock before you could select anything.

I went into the config, and changed the view on it in there for that share.. I think it was on icon.. to list. Then It let me into the music section!
    Everything seems to be there.. just need to play with the settings, to get it to display album art properly.. and will have to test if I can change the list/etc views without it locking again.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    'Shares view' does not use the music database, it is essentially a file viewer. You will not get fancy fanart, artist images, and album art in 'share view', you need to be in 'database view' for that to happen.

I suggest delete your music database and rescan
    Start -> All Progs -> Team MP -> MP -> User Files

GDkitty

March 18, 2013
    Georgina, Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well, the other views, appear to be working.. like it needed to get past SOME form of bad data in share view first.

But seeing how bad my wife has messed up the music folder >.<.

Most of the stuff she has ripped, has put all folders by artist, then album, and the database is picking it up, all as separate albums (with the same name, etc).

I am going to do some MAJOR cleaning on the folders/files... and then likely do a database wipe for the music and let it rebuild then again.

Thank you all for your help though :D
    I am LOVING MP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom