mvCentral - Music Videos Plugin (Stable) (6 Viewers)

piccirilli

Portal Member
September 24, 2009
Re: mvCentral - Music Vidoes Plugin Beta Release

Trevor,
Actually, I would prefer to use the internal player IF there was a way to choose it exclusively for MVCentral. Unfortuanately, player configured in MP configuration (Video) is used universally. I use MPC-HC because it allow me to use MadVR renderer, when configured properly, is a much better setup compared to the internal player for HD movies. So it's either use the internal player and suffer on HD Movies playback, or use external player and suffer on playlists.
In the meantime I will try out your mod and let you know how it works.

Thanks for all your support and generosity.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Trevor,
Actually, I would prefer to use the internal player IF there was a way to choose it exclusively for MVCentral. Unfortuanately, player configured in MP configuration (Video) is used universally. I use MPC-HC because it allow me to use MadVR renderer, when configured properly, is a much better setup compared to the internal player for HD movies. So it's either use the internal player and suffer on HD Movies playback, or use external player and suffer on playlists.
In the meantime I will try out your mod and let you know how it works.

Thanks for all your support and generosity.

No Problem, and a more grandular control of what uses the external players would be good or even an option for a plugin to override the global setting.

Well hope it works ok.

thx

piccirilli

Portal Member
September 24, 2009

Trevor,
I tested your mod and it works, as long as I don't launch the external player in full screen mode. However, that's not a big issue as double clicking it will bring me to full screen.
Thanks for helping me out. When I finally get all my Music Vids broken down into chapters, I'll switch to the internal player to take full advantage of the playlist feature.
Appreciate all your help.
Tom

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country

Trevor,
I tested your mod and it works, as long as I don't launch the external player in full screen mode. However, that's not a big issue as double clicking it will bring me to full screen.
Thanks for helping me out. When I finally get all my Music Vids broken down into chapters, I'll switch to the internal player to take full advantage of the playlist feature.
Appreciate all your help.
Tom

Hi Tom,

Glad its all ok but it should be ok in fullscreen mode - this is houw I tested - I used the latest MPC-HC (Build 1.5.2.3456) and had my settings as per the attached image.

What happens if you use full screen?

thx

Attachments

• external.jpg
    external.jpg
    97.6 KB

piccirilli

Portal Member
September 24, 2009

Trevor, the fullscreen issue is not related to MVCentral. I believe it how I set up the MadVR renderer when MPC-HC launches. Still, I am very happy to get this plugin running. It's the closest thing I've come across with the ability to create playlists containing a mix of video/audio files.

ausparamount

December 14, 2011
Home Country

I registered to thank you for this plugin (= ♥♥♥♥ Finally I have no reason to ever turn off mediaportal!

I need to convert my current .m3u's to .mvplaylist. I'm far too noob to use sql lite, so I'm thinking of exporting to a mvplaylist with all my vids; then writing a little script to read in my m3u, find the corresponding file in the mvplaylist, and paste the contents of the track element into a new file.

Again... I feel it's important to mention that I'm in love with you trevor.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I registered to thank you for this plugin (= ♥♥♥♥ Finally I have no reason to ever turn off mediaportal!

I need to convert my current .m3u's to .mvplaylist. I'm far too noob to use sql lite, so I'm thinking of exporting to a mvplaylist with all my vids; then writing a little script to read in my m3u, find the corresponding file in the mvplaylist, and paste the contents of the track element into a new file.

Again... I feel it's important to mention that I'm in love with you trevor.

Welcome to the forums =)

mvC really is a great plugin and Trevor has put in a lot of work. I am sure he will be glad to hear your praise =)

As for playlists, I don't use them myself, but I believe it should not be too tricky to switch formats.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

Plugin is coming along nicely

Bit of a problem though, up until now I've not bothered using the album support as the results it gave were always a bit dodgy but I thought I'd give it a try in the newest version.

The results still come back in a complete pickle when you check 'Enable scraping of album from the track data' So I'm trying the option 'Use the scraper for found album instead of the parsed one'

If I name my structure as suggested in the pop up tip

Artist\Album\Track.ext

it doesnt parse the videos at all
    and if I use

Artist\Album\Artist - Track.ext

It will parse and add all the videos but not separate them into albums, it behaves as though you have checked 'Disable album support'

Am I doing something wrong or is the feature not for what I think it is?

Something that would remove the need for this feature for me would be the option in the library tab to right click an artist and 'create album' as i know you can drag songs from one album to another which helps with the dodgy results from last.fm but the drag and drop isnt any good if the correct album for the song hasnt been created either because you only have 1 song from the album and it's on the wrong album or all of the songs you have have been put on the wrong albums, best of's, soundtracks etc.

Hope that makes sense

:D

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Plugin is coming along nicely

Bit of a problem though, up until now I've not bothered using the album support as the results it gave were always a bit dodgy but I thought I'd give it a try in the newest version.

The results still come back in a complete pickle when you check 'Enable scraping of album from the track data' So I'm trying the option 'Use the scraper for found album instead of the parsed one'

If I name my structure as suggested in the pop up tip

Artist\Album\Track.ext

it doesnt parse the videos at all
    and if I use

Artist\Album\Artist - Track.ext

It will parse and add all the videos but not separate them into albums, it behaves as though you have checked 'Disable album support'

Am I doing something wrong or is the feature not for what I think it is?

I found an issue with this, not yet released an update - I have sent you a PM with a link to test DL - please try this and left me the results.

Something that would remove the need for this feature for me would be the option in the library tab to right click an artist and 'create album' as i know you can drag songs from one album to another which helps with the dodgy results from last.fm but the drag and drop isnt any good if the correct album for the song hasnt been created either because you only have 1 song from the album and it's on the wrong album or all of the songs you have have been put on the wrong albums, best of's, soundtracks etc.

Hope that makes sense

:D

This does and one of the many improvements I have in mind but got a little bogged down in DVD import support which is far more involved that it first seemed.

What would help is adding ideas like this to the tracker.

Thanks

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

Added it to the issues section, after adding it I wasnt sure if this was where you meant? it's come up as a defect, couldnt see how to change it to an enhancement. Sorry if it's in the wrong place

Not had any PM through trever.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom