mvCentral - Music Videos Plugin (Stable) (4 Viewers)

cyrusrua

Portal Member
December 20, 2011
Re: mvCentral - Music Vidoes Plugin Beta Release

Is there any good way to parse full concert videos? My files are currently named something like "Peter Gabriel - 1986 - So Tour" Should a concert be treated as an album? I'm just curious before I install the plugin as all I really have are concert videos & not single song videos.

:D

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

It wont parse them but you can manually add them as an editable file so they show up as the artist name then click the artist and it will have a list of show titles.

Separate the artist and title like 'Peter Gabriel - 1986 So Tour' and they should display ok.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Added it to the issues section, after adding it I wasnt sure if this was where you meant? it's come up as a defect, couldnt see how to change it to an enhancement. Sorry if it's in the wrong place

Not had any PM through trever.

Cheers

Thats fine, thanks for for adding will try and get that sorted over xmas - should have PM now.

thx

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Is there any good way to parse full concert videos? My files are currently named something like "Peter Gabriel - 1986 - So Tour" Should a concert be treated as an album? I'm just curious before I install the plugin as all I really have are concert videos & not single song videos.

:D

Hi cyrusrua,

As Shangostar says it will not parse them automatically, some it may find though the 2nd '-' will confuse the parser.

I have similar, things like 'Dido - Live At Brixton Academy' and these work though some have to be enter manully.

That said the current version will handle this badly, I have a new version set to release in the next day or so that will be better.

thx

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

Tried the version from PM and it is now parsing files from the following structure

Artist\Album\Track.ext

However it ignores the album part of the structure and adds them to the same albums from last.FM as it does when 'enable scraping of album from the track data' is checked.

Enable scraping of album from the track data
    Use the scraper for found album instead of the parsed one

Ive tried with 1 or the other of these options checked and with both of them checked and the results are always the same, separates the videos in to albums acording to Last.FM

Cheers

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Tried the version from PM and it is now parsing files from the following structure

Artist\Album\Track.ext

However it ignores the album part of the structure and adds them to the same albums from last.FM as it does when 'enable scraping of album from the track data' is checked.

Enable scraping of album from the track data
    Use the scraper for found album instead of the parsed one

Ive tried with 1 or the other of these options checked and with both of them checked and the results are always the same, separates the videos in to albums acording to Last.FM

Cheers

Hi,

I can't reproduce this, can you give me a couple of path\filesnames that this happens with

EDIT: Added some images of my test setup

Thanks

Attachments

• ta1.jpg
      ta1.jpg
      185.9 KB
    • ta2.jpg
      ta2.jpg
      55.7 KB
    • ta3.jpg
      ta3.jpg
      88.5 KB

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country

Ok, deleted my database from the actual database folder rather than from within the plugin about tab, copied your setting and its worked.

This to me seems like its the wrong way around though? or maybe the tool tip pop ups are for the wrong setting?

When you hover over 'Enable scraping of album from the track data' tool tip says "this can preduce odd results due to primary album not being the highest rank"

And when you hover over 'Use the scraper for found album instead of the parsed one' tool tip says "this will override scrapper, your structure needs to be Artist\album\track"

To me that sounds like the 1st option will use last FM and the 2nd will use your folder structure but it appears to be the opposit.

Could just be me though.

Cheers

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Ok, deleted my database from the actual database folder rather than from within the plugin about tab, copied your setting and its worked.

This to me seems like its the wrong way around though? or maybe the tool tip pop ups are for the wrong setting?

When you hover over 'Enable scraping of album from the track data' tool tip says "this can preduce odd results due to primary album not being the highest rank"

And when you hover over 'Use the scraper for found album instead of the parsed one' tool tip says "this will override scrapper, your structure needs to be Artist\album\track"

To me that sounds like the 1st option will use last FM and the 2nd will use your folder structure but it appears to be the opposit.

Could just be me though.

Cheers

No, not you - those options are confusing to me at times - keep changing the text about. Just had another go...see attached.

thx

Attachments

• ta4.jpg
      ta4.jpg
      89.1 KB

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

...got a little bogged down in DVD import support which is far more involved that it first seemed.

Trevor, really great to read that you are busy with DVD import. That is THE main reason I cannot use this great plugin yet. Most of my music videos are DVD's. Have not had time to rip them track by track. So I am holding thumbs that you crack it, GOOD LUCK!!

BIG :D

edit - wanted to star the DVD Import but do not see it on the issue tracker. Should I create it or not necessary?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Rek.... the DVD importing has already been done to some degree.... he is perfecting it. Current release does allow for basic DVD importing

EDIT: I could be wrong on this... but for some reason I remember Trevor aking me to test it and I had no DVDs to test with

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom