mvCentral - Music Videos Plugin (Stable) (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: mvCentral - Music Vidoes Plugin Beta Release

Hello.
    I'm starting to play with mvCentral recently. Sometimes after installing the plugin I get errors entering the Plugins section in MP Config:
    attachment.php

attachment.php

After clicking on OK button I can enter plugins section. If I'm looking at mvCentral it resides in Process Plugins. IF I close MP Config and reopen it, all is well again.
    This did happen not to often, aprox. every 10th to 20th attempt. No big deal but nasty.
    Is there a solution to this? Did someone else encounters similar problems?

Attachments

• mvcentral-1.jpg
      mvcentral-1.jpg
      22 KB
    • mvcentral-2.jpg
      mvcentral-2.jpg
      23.3 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: mvCentral - Music Vidoes Plugin Beta Release

Hello.
    I'm starting to play with mvCentral recently. Sometimes after installing the plugin I get errors entering the Plugins section in MP Config:

After clicking on OK button I can enter plugins section. If I'm looking at mvCentral it resides in Process Plugins. IF I close MP Config and reopen it, all is well again.
    This did happen not to often, aprox. every 10th to 20th attempt. No big deal but nasty.

Hi,

I have seen this a couple of times during development but there has always been a reason and never been able to reproduce with release versions.

The logs are unlikley to show anything as the issue occours during plugin initilazation and the error message is pretty meaningless as just means there was some form of error.

I will do some more tests to see if I can reproduce but would also be intrested if anyone else is seeing similar issues.

thx

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    Re: mvCentral - Music Vidoes Plugin Beta Release

Trevor, I was just about to post something similar... Only thing I've noticed is that for some reason if there's no internet connection on MP Config load the mvCentral plugin throws a fit, in MP GUI the whole GUI won't respond to 'clicking' on menu items. I've basically resorted to renaming the mvCentral.dll -> mvCentral.old when I have no internet connection and am skinning ;) This fixes all probs...

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: mvCentral - Music Vidoes Plugin Beta Release

Hello.

Hi,

I have seen this a couple of times during development but there has always been a reason and never been able to reproduce with release versions.

The logs are unlikley to show anything as the issue occours during plugin initilazation and the error message is pretty meaningless as just means there was some form of error.

I will do some more tests to see if I can reproduce but would also be intrested if anyone else is seeing similar issues.

thx

I see it quite frequently Trevor... have mentioned it to u in the past... but as I could never recreate at will... i have just been dealing with it

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Trevor, I was just about to post something similar... Only thing I've noticed is that for some reason if there's no internet connection on MP Config load the mvCentral plugin throws a fit, in MP GUI the whole GUI won't respond to 'clicking' on menu items. I've basically resorted to renaming the mvCentral.dll -> mvCentral.old when I have no internet connection and am skinning ;) This fixes all probs...
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for this info, gave me what I needed for find and fix the issue, Last.Fm login was trapped.

I have added a zipped MPEI installer for version 1.0.0.254 into the Mustayluca dev dropbox - can you try this version and see if it solves the issue.

thx

piccirilli

Portal Member
    September 24, 2009

I have a strange problem when using MVCentral 1.0.0.243. I have MediaPortal setup to use external player MPC-HC for videos. When I try to exit out of MPC within MVCentral, the player pops up again in full screen and starts playing. Nothing will shut it down, even task manager. Must reboot PC to clear.
    However, MPC-HC shuts down properly in MovingPictures, so I have no reason to believe it's an issue with the external player. I would love to get MVCentral to work, it really has potential.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

I have a strange problem when using MVCentral 1.0.0.243. I have MediaPortal setup to use external player MPC-HC for videos. When I try to exit out of MPC within MVCentral, the player pops up again in full screen and starts playing. Nothing will shut it down, even task manager. Must reboot PC to clear.
    However, MPC-HC shuts down properly in MovingPictures, so I have no reason to believe it's an issue with the external player. I would love to get MVCentral to work, it really has potential.

Hi piccirilli,

Just done a test and see what you mean, sorry about this whats comes of not testing with external players and a bug has creapt in.

Can you let me know how you have MPC-HC configured in MP - the parmeters so I can test the fix.

Thanks

piccirilli

Portal Member
    September 24, 2009

Trevor,
    I am a newbie when it comes to reporting problems. So I don't know how to post log files, etc..
    However, I just point MP to use external player MPC-HC version 1.5.3.3866. This was done in the general Media Portal Configuration, Videos tab, then Video Player. Within MPC-HC I use LAV codecs
    I hope you can fix this. Thank you so much for a great plugin.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Trevor,
    I am a newbie when it comes to reporting problems. So I don't know how to post log files, etc..
    However, I just point MP to use external player MPC-HC version 1.5.3.3866. This was done in the general Media Portal Configuration, Videos tab, then Video Player. Within MPC-HC I use LAV codecs

Hi Piccirilli,

The reason this is happening is because mvCentral is playlist based, everything is a playlist and also by default playlist repeat is enabled. So when you start playing a video a playlist is created and this is run though and repeats when completed.

The issue is the exit state, the internal player has two end states, Playback Ended and Playback Stop File, the former is set when the video playing ends normally the latter when the user presses the stop key.

I treat both of these differently for the ended state MvC will try and play the next video in the playlist or if repeat set and the last video will start the playlist again.

When using an external player there is only an exit state returned, well actually an event is fired which I catch. The reason you are having issues is that in the event code the playnext method is called and this will try and play the next video or repeat the playlist - hence your issue of being unable to exit (you can just kill MediaPortal.exe against rebooting to bring this cycle to a halt).

Ok, so thats the problem now how to solve it, couple of options here;

• 1. I remove the playnext call from the external player stopped code, this has the disavantage that you can only play one video at a time.
    • 2. Turn off playlist repeat, disavantage here is that to actually stop you would have to exist through all videos in the playlist.
    • 3. Switch to the internal player, guess you have reasons for wanting to use the external player - can see maybe for hi-def movies etc but not so sure about music videos.
    • 4. See if I can for music vidoes force internal player and make this an option.
    • 5. See if I can find some method of working out if the video just ended or was a user stop command.

Leave this with me and I will see what I can do, will be intresting excercise.

Thanks

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Trevor,

Hi piccirilli,

I have sent you a PM with a link to the test version that should allow you to at least use the plugin, please test and let me know.

The update works by comparing the amount of time the external player was active against the length of the video, if they are within 2 seconds of each other I assume a normal end to the video and go on to the next video in the playlist.

Outside of these 2 seconds I assume the user exited the external player before the video finsihed and I stop further playback.

The down side is if you ff/rw or pause a video the code will think you have exited when the end is reached.

Also as mvCentral is playlist based and external players are not really supported you lose about 80% of the plugin functionality.

I did look at tuning off the external player for mvCentral but this requires modifiying the settings in MediaPortal.log or overiding the g_player with my own custom code, that is not really something I want to do.

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom