My Alarm V2 (1 Viewer)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Hi all,

A number of people requested multiple alarms and I agreed that this was where the alarm plugin was heading. Here are a few screen shots of the v2 of the my alarm plugin.

New Features:

-Multiple Alarms
    -Different playtypes, radio, playlist and audio file(mp3 wav etc)

Things to Do:

-Snooze Button (overlay?)
    -Volume Fade in (like previous plugin)
    -Sleep Timer (not sure how it fits in this version, seperate window? )
    -Lots of testing to avoid stupid bugs

Some long term enhancements:
    -Configurable message to display when alarm fires.
    -Wake from standby
    -Standby after sleep timer elapses.

myalarmv2.png

myalarm_detailsv2.png

A

Anonymous

Looking good. :) From the screenshots, one thing I would recommend.

On the individual alarms, it would be good to display what days it currently set for. . .(or date if it gets that far).

For days. . .could have SuMTWThFS always displayed right before the time with just the active days Bolded or something similar. . .

Looking good! :)

rien-ne-va-plus

Portal Member
    October 21, 2004
    Berlin/Germany
    its pretty cool, but somehow the delete alarm function doesnt work for me...

no that there is another plugin using the wake up from hibernate function, will it be implemented in this plugin faster? this plugin will be the reason why i let my htpc run overnight...

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    • Banned
    rien-ne-va-plus said:
    its pretty cool, but somehow the delete alarm function doesnt work for me...

no that there is another plugin using the wake up from hibernate function, will it be implemented in this plugin faster? this plugin will be the reason why i let my htpc run overnight...

I will look into the delete problem.

Do you receive any type of error in the log?

It should be. As soon as the source is release for the other plugin I will look at it and see what we can do.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    The sources are in CVS now and I have some comments.

I think that the OK button is really confusing. This is the only plugin where you have to press OK to store the settings, which caused me a number of times to lose my changes. In MCE I normally use the ESC key to go back to the previous screen and Crystal and Metal have Back buttons in the topbar.

The "Name" string is hardcoded in the skin it would be nice if it would come from strings.xml

I also have a problem with deleting. It _looks_ like the alarms are not deleted, but they are deleted. Example: I make one new alarm, press OK, now open the just created alarm, press delete, alarm is still in the list, create another alarm, press OK, only the latest alarm is in the list the one we deleted earlier is now gone. No errors in the log.

It would be nice if the #currentmodule property in the GUIManager would be supported. For a plugin it should contain the plugin name, in the skin you can then use #currentmodule to display the modulename. The modulename would be "My Alarm" for this plugin (and for the detailscreen you could use for example My Alarm/Details or My Alarm/<name of alarm beeing shown>) The MetalMedia skin uses this method. For examples on how to add support take a look at for example the News plugin (Which shows My News/<feed name>) or in My Music where it shows My Music/<view> for example My Music/Albums.

And the last one: The file medium does not seem to work. I can not see a way to select a file.

From the comments above it might seem that I really don't like the plugin, but that is not true. I like it, it has improved a lot compared to the previous version and has become more easy to use, but IMHO there are still some issues with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom