My Anime 2 | Page 12

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by lwerndly, June 2, 2009.

1. PyroFD3S

PyroFD3S Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay I don't know which fixed it but I was able to get it working somehow,
    thanks for all your help Iwerndly
    seems like it was my problem all along, thanks for troubleshooting with me and sorry for taking up your time.
    For anyone that cares, or have the same problem as me
    I connected directly to my modem, set the preferred ip address in the plugin to my ip address, disable all other network connections.

One more thing that I would like to add, this is probably a low priority issue, when I try to set all to watched and back sometimes it would not set all the videos to watched or unwatched, and after i set all videos to watched and go back to the main screen it still says "1 new" for some reason even though I setted all the videos to watched

Oh and awesome plugin btw

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. yhoogi
    • Premium Supporter

yhoogi MP Donator

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi Iwerndly,

Made with the recent version some observations:

• The watched status shows sometimes (8 out of 10) a residual unwatched ep although all eps of a series are set on watched status.
    • Is it possible that the Group/Series Tab of the Config Menu is also accessing a remote DB? Currently it is only possible via File Manager Tab
    • A top level button to set all files in the db on watched status would be helpful.
    • As far as I can see the button to disable the update of the AnimeDB account is not available anymore. Is there a reason? I normally preferred not to update my account
    • While using the new skin with only 5 lines I discovered that the selection line is erratically jumping around during setting of the watched status via F9; sometimes also out of screen; I have so far no clue how to limit the list box further than already done
    • How can I re-initiate a search / cover download for an already identified series? (e.g. new/more fan art, etc). I have the impression in case you change some relevant settings in the config menu these new settings are only valid for new series

Cheers,

4. FdL

FdL Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, I finally got to install the final Anime 2 versions, remember that the beta worked wonderfully for me.

So now it doesn't. That is, I can't configure it because when I try to do so in MP configuration, it crashes on entering configuration, and it says something like this (translated from spanish, mind you):

"The input string has the wrong format"

I attached a screenshot of the error, and the whole debug text that appears there.

Sorry for it being in spanish, but I live in Argentina.

Upon reading the debug text I thought it might be related to localisation, and the fact that here we use exactly inverted characters for decimals and thosand separator as english speakers do (ie, comma for decimals and period for thousand separator). But I swapped them in my system's regional configuration and I still get it.

I tried versions 2.05 and 2.04, in case it was something with the latest version. Same thing.

This sucks majorly.

Attached Files:

5. lwerndly

lwerndly Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +149 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    I have the same problem sometimes
    Submitted as Issue #46

See issue #46 above

Yup already fixed for 2.0.7

I have submitted Issue #48 to allow this from the Group level.
    Will need to think a bit about how to do it from config screen at top level.

Issue #47

It should work just by selecting the "Run Import" function. However I can't remember if I fixed this for 2.0.7 or 2.0.6.
    In 2.0.6 It should also work for posters/banners by just navigating into the series and selecting the TvD option to download posters/banners

Can I just confirm that you deleted your database from the beta version.
    It won't work unless you have done this.

• Like Like x 3
  6. FdL

FdL Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, crap... v.v I forgot to delete it. That has to be it.

This is what I get from trying to configure MP when I'm dead tired...I can't do it right even when fully lucid :p

I'll try doing that.

7. bert_r

bert_r Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    I want'd to propose (and implement myself) a little more complicated option:
    - Add files to AniDB MyList
    - Read initial watched status from AniDB
    - Set AniDB watched status when setting the local status watched
    - Set AniDB unwatched status when setting the local status unwatched
    This way it would be possible to set the AniDB status to watched when we watch an episode for the first time, but when setting a file unwatched (or series) we can leave the AniDB status at watched.
    This is for when I re-watch a series. In that case I want to AniDB status to remain at watched, while the local status is (temporarily) unwatched.

Would you like me to do it like this, or is it too complicated?

8. Raytestrak
    • Premium Supporter

Raytestrak MP Donator

IT Engineer
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Couldn't you just set a flag which reports if the watched status has been seen and sent to anidb, and afterwards ignore the watched/unwatched flag in terms of syncing it?

For local purposes it's good for filtering or rewatching series like you said, but it makes no sense toggling the watched/unwatched status on anidb. "that was has been seen cannot be unseen" :D

9. bert_r

bert_r Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    I was planning to keep 2 watched statuses (one for AniDB and one for local), and update AniDB depending on the options.

So you suggest I never set the AniDB status to unwatched (instead of adding an option for it)? It may be better to add an option ... Otherwise, I guarantee somebody will ask for it later :p

I think I'll add the options for now, I could always remove them later.

10. lwerndly

lwerndly Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +149 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Yeah this sounds like it would cater to what most people could want.
    Agreed that in the end someone will always ask for a different way of using the plugin.

11. yhoogi
    • Premium Supporter

yhoogi MP Donator

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Oh boy,
    Some have a really complicated lifestyle.
    :eek:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!