My Anime 2 (4 Viewers)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looking good Yhoogi! Almosts makes me want to switch :)
    I probably would If I hadn't spend so many hours customizing mediastream.

... maybe I'll edit mediastream as well, but then I'll have to do mptvseries as well, to keep it in sync ... which would cost me another busload of hours ... neh ... I'll keep it the way it is, or not ...

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah!
    Somehow if you start dabbling it can get addictive - and very time consuming as you have to make a lot of research and trial and errors to achieve what you are aiming for (and there is no end to good ideas)

So far I didn't found any general description on how these xml parameter and values are working and which are available. Seems like everybody is somehow using what their predecessors and original skinners have done.

Currently I try to figure out how to angle the covers in prep of the filmstrip modification. So far no real clue how they did it in the old MovingPicture, etc. Seems to have disappeared in the recent versions.

As I said - very addictive and time consuming

Cheers,

PyroFD3S

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    Is there anyway to change where the plugin saves the backdrops and other pics?
    right now I think it saves it in like C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs
    like let's say I want to change it to like J:\mediaportal_pics or something is this possible ?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:
    Yeah!
    Currently I try to figure out how to angle the covers in prep of the filmstrip modification. So far no real clue how they did it in the old MovingPicture, etc. Seems to have disappeared in the recent versions.

Is this what you mean?
    Angle.jpg

If so you need the following properties in your filmstrip control
    <animation effect="rotatey" start="-50" end="-50" center="0,0" tween="back" ease="easeout" time="500" reversible="false">focus</animation>
    <animation effect="rotatey" start="-50" end="-50" center="0,0" tween="back" ease="easeout" time="500" reversible="false">unfocus</animation>

PyroFD3S said:
    right now I think it saves it in like C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs
    like let's say I want to change it to like J:\mediaportal_pics or something is this possible ?

There isn't at the moment. Any particular problem you are having with the default location?

PyroFD3S

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    lwerndly said:
    PyroFD3S said:

There isn't at the moment. Any particular problem you are having with the default location?

Not really, just running low on space on my C:\ cause I didn't allocate much space to it
    it's only my windows partition and I try to just put windows stuff on that drive

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Hm, seems like some of my DVDs can't be read correctly. I'll look into this.

How does one delete files that aren't going to be used? I have a couple different groups downloaded for the same series, and there's only one of each I want to index with Anime 2.

Let's say that I input a disc that has a version of the series I don't want to keep as final in the database, then I want to hash the other version. I tried deleting the files in the manager, the series and the group. But it still appears as that. Also there's the files lingering as unassigned in the other file manager. They can't seem to be deleted from there.

Edit: Hmm, seems that the plugin can keep two versions of the same episode, it asks which group you want to watch it from. This is pretty cool ^^

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    PyroFD3S said:
    Not really, just running low on space on my C:\ cause I didn't allocate much space to it
    it's only my windows partition and I try to just put windows stuff on that drive

That's a fair enough. I have created Issue #52

FdL said:
    Hm, seems like some of my DVDs can't be read correctly. I'll look into this.

How does one delete files that aren't going to be used? I have a couple different groups downloaded for the same series, and there's only one of each I want to index with Anime 2.

Let's say that I input a disc that has a version of the series I don't want to keep as final in the database, then I want to hash the other version. I tried deleting the files in the manager, the series and the group. But it still appears as that. Also there's the files lingering as unassigned in the other file manager. They can't seem to be deleted from there.

I have the same problem with quite a few of my DVD's which are getting older. I can no longer even copy the files from them anymore.

I have created an issue to manually delete file entries from the database.
    Issue #53

NOTE - The plugin can handle multiple files for the same episode. It will prompt you to select one of the files when you play an episode.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can change this by adjusting the location for MediaPortal.
    This has of course consequences for all plugins that use the thumbs folder.
    But you can set the location to somewhere else.
    You will have to do this directly in the MediaPortalDirs.xml (located in the "program files\Team mediaportal\mediaportal") folder!) file though. As far as I know, there is no graphical interface to do this.
    Copy all files over and you should be set when you start MediaPortal.
    Code:
      <!-- The Path for the Thumbs, like Music Cover Art, TV Logos, etc. -->
      <Dir id = "Thumbs">
        <Path>%ProgramData%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\</Path>
      </Dir>

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    I've noticed that turning off random Wide Banner display doesn't really work. Well, I had it on at first, but then I turned it off, and it shows random banners. I'm using Streamed MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom