My Anime 2 (1 Viewer)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've noticed that turning off random Wide Banner display doesn't really work. Well, I had it on at first, but then I turned it off, and it shows random banners. I'm using Streamed MP.

Will be fixed as part of Issue #19

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
Ah I see, cause you can't have that without a way of selecting which one are you going to stick with :p

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Release 2.0.7

FIXED: Changing database in config screen was not refreshing the manager tree
FIXED: Changing database in config screen was not clearing some properties or episodes list
FIXED: File manager in config: disable save/edit buttons when there are not files to manager
FIXED: File manager in config: clear properties after a Save to make it more intuitive
FIXED: Handle apostrophes in the config screen when working with files
FIXED: When all episodes were watched was still showing as "1 New" ( Issue #46 )
FIXED: Drag and drop broken on config screen ( Issue #51 )
FIXED: Automatically highlighting the first unwatched episode was including files that were not available locally
CHANGED: Improved hashing performance a little (5%-10%). NOTE: you have to replace the ed2k.dll!
CHANGED: Icon on episodes which are unavailable now uses an appropriate image ( Issue #44 )
ADDED: Download and display of TvDB episode information
ADDED: Extra skin properties for the GUI and a wiki page to document them ( Issue #49 ) Wiki
ADDED: Create a new menu option at the group level to set all episodes to watched/unwatched ( Issue #48 )
ADDED: Include yhoogi's Fanart centric version of the streamedmp skin

Download on front page.

NOTE - Episode information/images will be downloaded when you select "Run Import". I forgot to add an option to turn off the downloading of episode data from TvDB, so if you don't want this, please wait for 2.0.8.

207_01.JPG207_02.JPG207_03.JPG

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Finally had some time to switch to the new plug-in and I have to say great work it looks and works great!

As for the thetvdb matching in v2.07:

The thetvdb matching isn't perfect but it's a great start.
I appreciate the time and effort you put in to this feature, and I understand the difficulty of the matching itself. But I have a few points I encountered.

Most apparent mismatch bug is for trailers / promo's / specials / etc.
They are treated like the main episodes of the series and are mismatched as such.

I also have major mismatches for the Naruto.

I'm guessing you're just adding each season on top of each other and making your own ordering.
for some series (like naruto) that way won't work because there is garbage in the seasons.

For example Naruto: Season 8 Episode List has episodes that don't belong there (96, 97, 98, 99).

As such Naruto: The Weight of the Prized Artifact! gets matched to episode 216 although it's actually episode 208 (The correct episode number is available in the Absolute Number: field).

For naruto the mismatches start after episode 52. As thats the first season (s2) that has extra non existing / wrongly placed episodes.

Just a little question, where does the episode summary data get stored when retrieved through the new plugin, it doesn't show up in the manager of the configuration screen.

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
For what I've tested, 2.0.7 seems to have broken CD Importing. It just doesn't react to the selection of the option.

Also, I ran an import of some networked files I had around and it doesn't show the name of the file it's hashing. So it shows only "Hashin X% on" and nothing else on that line...

Episode screenshots don't work either, right? It never showed them for me.

Hodge

Portal Member
September 25, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
The plugin just keeps getting better and better :) Most of my earlier issues have been resolved but I do have a question and a request:

First, since the plugin doesn't yet get data from TheMovieDB, it doesn't download any movie fanart. I wouldn't mind this so much, but I can't get manually downloaded fanart to display, even when I manually enter the path in the manager. Does this function work? If so, do I need to put the fanart in a specific directory or give it a specific filename?

Secondly, I've recently been fooling around with the X-Factor skin, which I like a lot. Are any skinners willing to skin MyAnime2 for X-Factor? My half-assed attempts at modding StreamedMP work but they're pretty basic and don't really match the rest of the skin.

cheers,
Hodge

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
slamdance said:
Most apparent mismatch bug is for trailers / promo's / specials / etc.
They are treated like the main episodes of the series and are mismatched as such.

Yeah I totally forgot about specials. I will look at this for next release

slamdance said:
I also have major mismatches for the Naruto.

I'm guessing you're just adding each season on top of each other and making your own ordering.
for some series (like naruto) that way won't work because there is garbage in the seasons.

For example Naruto: Season 8 Episode List has episodes that don't belong there (96, 97, 98, 99).

As such Naruto: The Weight of the Prized Artifact! gets matched to episode 216 although it's actually episode 208 (The correct episode number is available in the Absolute Number: field).

For naruto the mismatches start after episode 52. As thats the first season (s2) that has extra non existing / wrongly placed episodes.

Yeah that's correct, I try and match the absolute number from AniDB, by adding up the seasons on TvDB.
I will do a change in 2.0.8 to use the absolute number where it is available.
Keep in mind, that for the majority of series that I tested, there wasn't any absolute numbering, which is why I went with the relative numbering.
Where there this is the case and there is bad data on The TVDB, there won't be much I can do about it.

slamdance said:
Just a little question, where does the episode summary data get stored when retrieved through the new plugin, it doesn't show up in the manager of the configuration screen.

I will need to think about how I do this.
At the moment it is stored in a separate table, and the description field you see in the Manager is not used.

FdL said:
For what I've tested, 2.0.7 seems to have broken CD Importing. It just doesn't react to the selection of the option.

Also, I ran an import of some networked files I had around and it doesn't show the name of the file it's hashing. So it shows only "Hashin X% on" and nothing else on that line...

Episode screenshots don't work either, right? It never showed them for me.

CD Importing seems to work fine for me. Are there any errors in the log?
Have submitted Issue #55 for getting the file name in the hash progress.

Episode screenshots work fine for me.
You will need to make sure that you have an associated TvDB series for the group/series.
Check that TvDB actually has screenshots for the series you are looking at. A lot of series will have no data.
Also make sure you have done a "Run Import".

Hodge said:
First, since the plugin doesn't yet get data from TheMovieDB, it doesn't download any movie fanart. I wouldn't mind this so much, but I can't get manually downloaded fanart to display, even when I manually enter the path in the manager. Does this function work? If so, do I need to put the fanart in a specific directory or give it a specific filename?

Nope, this is a bug. I have fixed it now for 2.0.8

Hodge said:
Secondly, I've recently been fooling around with the X-Factor skin, which I like a lot. Are any skinners willing to skin MyAnime2 for X-Factor? My half-assed attempts at modding StreamedMP work but they're pretty basic and don't really match the rest of the skin.

Do you have a link for the skin?

Hodge

Portal Member
September 25, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hodge said:

Nope, this is a bug. I have fixed it now for 2.0.8
Awesome!
Hodge said:

Do you have a link for the skin?
Link: X-Factor Thread.

cheers,
Hodge

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
I'll see what the logs say, but it's really weird how it doesn't do anything when CD Importing... v.v
To think that I bought a new DVD drive today to replace my old one to help with all the hashing I still have to do (I figured out it would be better to know which DVDs to re-burn when having a reliable reader). Oh well...

And yeah, some series do have the caps, it's probably because this time the "Run Import" did catch. So some series do have their caps.

I still see weird stuff with series that have fan art and banners in TVDB but it doesn't get into the plugin at all...

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
FdL said:
I'll see what the logs say, but it's really weird how it doesn't do anything when CD Importing... v.v
To think that I bought a new DVD drive today to replace my old one to help with all the hashing I still have to do (I figured out it would be better to know which DVDs to re-burn when having a reliable reader). Oh well...

So it doesn't work after you put the new drive in? Or you haven't put it in yet?
If it is still not working, I'll just do a build to put some extra logging in.

FdL said:
I still see weird stuff with series that have fan art and banners in TVDB but it doesn't get into the plugin at all...

Let me know if it any series in particular, so I can test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom