My Anime 2 | Page 16

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by lwerndly, June 2, 2009.

1. Steve12

Steve12 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Where To Install ed2k.dll

Hi,

Could someone please tell me where i copy this file to please ed2k.dll

Thanks,
    Steve12
    :D

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. FdL

FdL Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There was a remote chance that I had forgotten to connect something to the drive, but no, it was working properly (the old one) when I tested back. I put the new one in and it's still the same.

When I click in the option of importing a DVD, it recognizes the disc in the drive and prompts me to choose it, but then it doesn't even change the number of target files in the queue.

I wonder if anyone else gets the same. But well, this option is probably not widely used (though it really makes it for me and anyone who stores stuff in discs).

EDIT: Apparently the DVD importing works. I'll keep an eye to weird behaviour now that I'm back to scanning my collection.

Well, for example it was Ikkitousen, last thing I saw. Might be related to the whole series/seasons mixups with TVDB. I'll see if there's another single season series that's not displaying caps. A fair number of them now do.

I also have the impression that when I RUN IMPORT, each time it does something different (ie, it doesn't get all it can on one go)...I have to pay attention to the output, the fact that it calls the series by its TVDB code makes it even more difficult to tell what's happening.

4. yhoogi
    • Premium Supporter

yhoogi MP Donator

Ratings:
    +48 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    In the Mediaportal root folder; so just dump it in the root together with the skin & plugin folder.

5. Steve12

Steve12 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
  6. PyroFD3S

PyroFD3S Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is there something wrong with the ed2k hash ? I've noticed a lot of the files that I've been downloading lately don't match aniDB

7. bert_r

bert_r Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Not that I know of ... the only problem currently is that the filename isn't displayed while hashing (I'm working on that).
    Could you give me an example of such a file? When testing it a few weeks ago I checked 20+ hashed files manually against AniDB and everything was correct.

Also, are you using the latest version of the plugin and dll? Not so long ago I rewrote most of the ed2k.dll, it should be a bit faster and probably a bit more reliable also because of extra error checking.

8. PyroFD3S

PyroFD3S Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes I am using the latest ed2k.dll and plugin
    Well, i don't know what information you need but here are the 3 files that I downloaded yesterday that gave me completely different ed2k hash than what is on the aniDB site
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601342
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601697
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601765

I replace the incorrect hash in the file manager with what I saw on aniDB and that seemed to have fixed it, but if I have to do it for every file it'll be a hassle

Is there any way to rehash a file, if you need the hash of what I got before I'll have to rehash the file and I don't remember the incorrect hash

9. lwerndly

lwerndly Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +149 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Just deleted my database and re-hashed my test folder with about 1500 files. Only about 7 of them weren't found on AniDB.

Roughly what percentage of files are not found?

10. ollin

ollin Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lovin the new plugin as always. Took about 12 hours but my database of 4500 files were almost all properly hashed, and I really like the new browsing layout.

Quick question, likely an obvious question. I'm using the Monochrome skin...whereabouts did my handy little checkbox to mark my favorite series go? I used to use it to make it easy to browse quickly to my currently active series, rather than scroll through page after page to get to the one I was watching.

Keep up the great work lwerndly, My Anime Plugin has become the focal point of my HTPC.

11. yhoogi
    • Premium Supporter

yhoogi MP Donator

Ratings:
    +48 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Could it have some different cause? -e.g. hot processor or mainboard/memory; timings/clock too aggressive?
    Maybe you should perform a calc stress test and check if there is no other cause for the problem.

So far I couldn't observe significant issues with the new hash algorithm, either.

Cheers,

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!