Could someone please tell me where i copy this file to please ed2k.dll

Thanks,
Steve12
:D

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
FdL said:
I'll see what the logs say, but it's really weird how it doesn't do anything when CD Importing... v.v
To think that I bought a new DVD drive today to replace my old one to help with all the hashing I still have to do (I figured out it would be better to know which DVDs to re-burn when having a reliable reader). Oh well...

So it doesn't work after you put the new drive in? Or you haven't put it in yet?
If it is still not working, I'll just do a build to put some extra logging in.

There was a remote chance that I had forgotten to connect something to the drive, but no, it was working properly (the old one) when I tested back. I put the new one in and it's still the same.

When I click in the option of importing a DVD, it recognizes the disc in the drive and prompts me to choose it, but then it doesn't even change the number of target files in the queue.

I wonder if anyone else gets the same. But well, this option is probably not widely used (though it really makes it for me and anyone who stores stuff in discs).

EDIT: Apparently the DVD importing works. I'll keep an eye to weird behaviour now that I'm back to scanning my collection.

FdL said:
I still see weird stuff with series that have fan art and banners in TVDB but it doesn't get into the plugin at all...

Let me know if it any series in particular, so I can test.

Well, for example it was Ikkitousen, last thing I saw. Might be related to the whole series/seasons mixups with TVDB. I'll see if there's another single season series that's not displaying caps. A fair number of them now do.

I also have the impression that when I RUN IMPORT, each time it does something different (ie, it doesn't get all it can on one go)...I have to pay attention to the output, the fact that it calls the series by its TVDB code makes it even more difficult to tell what's happening.

PyroFD3S

Portal Member
April 21, 2008
is there something wrong with the ed2k hash ? I've noticed a lot of the files that I've been downloading lately don't match aniDB

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
is there something wrong with the ed2k hash ? I've noticed a lot of the files that I've been downloading lately don't match aniDB
Not that I know of ... the only problem currently is that the filename isn't displayed while hashing (I'm working on that).
Could you give me an example of such a file? When testing it a few weeks ago I checked 20+ hashed files manually against AniDB and everything was correct.

Also, are you using the latest version of the plugin and dll? Not so long ago I rewrote most of the ed2k.dll, it should be a bit faster and probably a bit more reliable also because of extra error checking.

PyroFD3S

Portal Member
April 21, 2008
Not that I know of ... the only problem currently is that the filename isn't displayed while hashing (I'm working on that).
Could you give me an example of such a file? When testing it a few weeks ago I checked 20+ hashed files manually against AniDB and everything was correct.

Also, are you using the latest version of the plugin and dll? Not so long ago I rewrote most of the ed2k.dll, it should be a bit faster and probably a bit more reliable also because of extra error checking.

Yes I am using the latest ed2k.dll and plugin
Well, i don't know what information you need but here are the 3 files that I downloaded yesterday that gave me completely different ed2k hash than what is on the aniDB site
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601342
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601697
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601765

I replace the incorrect hash in the file manager with what I saw on aniDB and that seemed to have fixed it, but if I have to do it for every file it'll be a hassle

Is there any way to rehash a file, if you need the hash of what I got before I'll have to rehash the file and I don't remember the incorrect hash

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia

Just deleted my database and re-hashed my test folder with about 1500 files. Only about 7 of them weren't found on AniDB.

Roughly what percentage of files are not found?

ollin

Portal Member
May 16, 2008
Lovin the new plugin as always. Took about 12 hours but my database of 4500 files were almost all properly hashed, and I really like the new browsing layout.

Quick question, likely an obvious question. I'm using the Monochrome skin...whereabouts did my handy little checkbox to mark my favorite series go? I used to use it to make it easy to browse quickly to my currently active series, rather than scroll through page after page to get to the one I was watching.

Keep up the great work lwerndly, My Anime Plugin has become the focal point of my HTPC.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes I am using the latest ed2k.dll and plugin
    Well, i don't know what information you need but here are the 3 files that I downloaded yesterday that gave me completely different ed2k hash than what is on the aniDB site
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601342
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601697
    http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=file&fid=601765

I replace the incorrect hash in the file manager with what I saw on aniDB and that seemed to have fixed it, but if I have to do it for every file it'll be a hassle

Is there any way to rehash a file, if you need the hash of what I got before I'll have to rehash the file and I don't remember the incorrect hash

Could it have some different cause? -e.g. hot processor or mainboard/memory; timings/clock too aggressive?
    Maybe you should perform a calc stress test and check if there is no other cause for the problem.

So far I couldn't observe significant issues with the new hash algorithm, either.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom