My Anime 2 (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
yhoogi said:
The ep is disappearing from the list but, as I mentioned earlier, in the Utilities Window for the plugin the file is still looked for
Btw: I propose to implement a horizontal scroll bar in the File Manager window. I have some files which have quit long paths/filenames. Extending the horizontal window size won't help here anymore.

Maybe having a log logfile with info on the import would help in the debug.

Scroll bar done for 2.0.3
The log file is there, but I have removed most logging. I'll put some back for hard to solve issues.
I've replicated that behaviour, so I'll look at it for 2.0.3

Raytestrak said:
Okay, the grouping works fine, but I still don't get how to map a series into season view. For instance: I have a group for Zero no Tsukaima, in it are: Familiar of Zero, Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi and Zero no Tsukaima - Princess no Rondo. When I go to tvdb options and use the switch season, it stays labeled as Season 1?

Do you get a list of the different seasons after hitting switch season?
It should show a list of available seasons.
It is working fine for my shows.

Raytestrak said:
Also, I screwed something up and would like to know how to fix it. Preferably without dumping my database. A few of my episode weren't recognized, and I manually assigned it ... to the wrong episode <snip>.

Yup you can just go into the config screen, and delete the episode which you assigned the file to.
This will affect both files.
But when you go back into MediaPortal and select "Run Import" it will be able to match the original file using has info, and create the episode again.

Raytestrak said:
About the mediastream skin: <snip>
Feature request: is it possible to create a banner/poster selection screen like the fanart screen? I'll post in the google tracker as well later on.

I'll fix the skin to remove those menus, but will leave the other stuff to you, as I'm not quite sure what u mean. Screenshot?
That feature has been on the issue list for a while. The AniDB posters don't have a standard aspect ratio and don't look so good some times.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I missed one observation:
    When you are in the filemanager and opening an episode specific window you have banner, backdrop, etc links for AnimeDb and TheTVDB with specific entry fields. (currently only filled for the AnimeDB ID)
    When you try to use the link nothing seems to happen. I dont know if there was a functionallity intended to these links or if this is reserved for future releases.

Cheers,

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I missed one observation:
    <snip>
    When you try to use the link nothing seems to happen. I dont know if there was a functionallity intended to these links or if this is reserved for future releases.

Cheers,

Nope just forgot to finish them off.
    Have done them now for version 2.0.3.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    lwerndly said:
    Do you get a list of the different seasons after hitting switch season?
    It should show a list of available seasons.
    It is working fine for my shows.

I don't get a list of available seasons, I checked to see whether they all have the same tvdb.com id and they do. When I press the tvdb season button, nothing happens?

lwerndly said:
    Yup you can just go into the config screen, and delete the episode which you assigned the file to.
    This will affect both files.
    But when you go back into MediaPortal and select "Run Import" it will be able to match the original file using has info, and create the episode again.

This worked, but how do I easily map a file to an episode? It still doesn't recognize the file, so I want to manually assign it. From within the file manager, I click my unrecognized file, look up the series it belongs to, but it only shows the episode I already have; not all the episodes of the series.

Also, I have a few files which are recognized, but still showing in the file manager. And, I have escaflowne the movie, which would be a new group if properly recognized, but it is a dvd (VIDEO_TS) folder.

Slight bug: I have random banners and posters turned off, but banners are still random. Posters seem to be steady.

I've editted anime2_main again. It now has the new hidden menu layout. Circled in green: when grouping series, the #currentview overlapped the #title is in the topbar, this is fixed. I've moved the heart for favorites and the clock symbol (what is it for anyway?) to the topbar as well, out of the visible fanart area. Also, the titles an genre labels have been altered slightly.
    The red circle is something I still need to fix.

Attachments

• anime2.jpg
      anime2.jpg
      198.4 KB
    • Anime2_Main.xml
      30.6 KB

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    lwerndly:

Very good work so far ... I love the new look!

I've looked around a bit and I've noticed some small things. I can have a look at some of them them myself, but I thought I'd mention them anyway:
    • I had replaced "Add files to MyList" with "Update MyList" and removed the 'state' setting because the the plugin now also reads and updates the AniDB watched status. In v2 the old settings have returned (although the AniDB MyList is updated correctly). Is this an accident or intentional?
    • The option "Show unwatched episodes in folder name" is still available, even though in this version the new count is displayed always. Is this a mistake, or do you plan to re-implement this (hide the new count)?
    • The options screen (from within the plugin) isn't working for me ... should it already be working?
    • The 'new' count seems to be completely incorrect. I have only 2 animes listed and I've seen all episodes of both, but on the plugin it shows 8 and 1 new. And when I open the file view, all episodes are marked as watched.
    • Some nitpicking: The file version of the dll is currently 1.0.0.0. It would be a good idea to use the actual plugin version for this. (I've updated the current version to 2.0.3.0 on google code).

One suggestion: Wouldn't it be useful to also show the user's vote (and not only the global rating)? Or maybe even allow the user to vote from within the plugin?

And one remark: I'm not sure how developers can communicate easily (although it's just us for now I think) ... Should we just post here? Is it possible to create a forum on google code? Or should we use PMs?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    bert_r said:
    I had replaced "Add files to MyList" with "Update MyList" and removed the 'state' setting because the the plugin now also reads and updates the AniDB watched status. In v2 the old settings have returned (although the AniDB MyList is updated correctly). Is this an accident or intentional?

Nope it is not used, and I have removed it now as well.

bert_r said:
    The option "Show unwatched episodes in folder name" is still available, even though in this version the new count is displayed always. Is this a mistake, or do you plan to re-implement this (hide the new count)?

Nope just more slacking :) I don't plan to implement this again, so have removed it, Unless anyone can see a need for it.

bert_r said:
    The options screen (from within the plugin) isn't working for me ... should it already be working?

No it isn't implemented yet. I have raised Issue #34

bert_r said:
    The 'new' count seems to be completely incorrect. I have only 2 animes listed and I've seen all episodes of both, but on the plugin it shows 8 and 1 new. And when I open the file view, all episodes are marked as watched.

It usually works for me.
    If you run the "Cleanup DB" option in the utilities screen, does it fix it for you?

bert_r said:
    Some nitpicking: The file version of the dll is currently 1.0.0.0. It would be a good idea to use the actual plugin version for this. (I've updated the current version to 2.0.3.0 on google code).

Ok thanks for that. I'll make that available as a skin property as well, so it can be shown on the Utilites/Options screen.

bert_r said:
    One suggestion: Wouldn't it be useful to also show the user's vote (and not only the global rating)? Or maybe even allow the user to vote from within the plugin?

The bit about rating episodes/series from within the plugin is Issue #8
    I had also thought about showing the users own rating and agree it is a good idea.
    The only problem is I don't know how to retrieve data on your own votes from the API (let me know if you can see it)
    Have raised as Issue #35

bert_r said:
    And one remark: I'm not sure how developers can communicate easily (although it's just us for now I think) ... Should we just post here? Is it possible to create a forum on google code? Or should we use PMs?

Yeah I'm not too sure either, but probably best not cluttering up this thread with dev talk.
    As bert_r said it is just the two of us working on it at the moment, so if anyone else is interested in helping please PM me.
    For now we can probably just use PM's
    Or we just can raise issues on google code, and discuss them with the attached comments.

Raytestrak, I'll get to your issues soon.
    I plan to do a release some time today.

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    I'm getting just a blank screen on StreamedMP (please see attached screenshot).

I opened the zip file, extracted the "skins" and "plugins" folders into the MediaPortal installation folder. I went into the configuration and added the folders where my anime videos reside, put my username and password for the AniDB section, and set the Preferred Local IP Address. I left everything else untouched.

Is there anything else I need to do? I remember that you had to put the database file into the program settings folder with V1. Is something like that needed for V2?

Attachments

• Anime2.jpg
      Anime2.jpg
      30.2 KB

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm getting just a blank screen on StreamedMP (please see attached screenshot).
    <snip>

Actually that is how it looks when you don't have any series yet. Pretty isn't it? :)

You need to go to the "Utilities" Menu and then "Run Import"
    Series and Episodes should start appearing shortly after.

You no longer to to worry about database files.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    I don't get a list of available seasons, I checked to see whether they all have the same tvdb.com id and they do. When I press the tvdb season button, nothing happens?

Ok I will add some logging for 2.0.3 to see what the problem is.
    Basically the process should be
    - Switch Season
    - Presents a list of all seasons for that series

Raytestrak said:
    This worked, but how do I easily map a file to an episode? It still doesn't recognize the file, so I want to manually assign it. From within the file manager, I click my unrecognized file, look up the series it belongs to, but it only shows the episode I already have; not all the episodes of the series.

You need to create an episode first. See my previous post...
    How to assign files to episodes

Raytestrak said:
    Slight bug: I have random banners and posters turned off, but banners are still random. Posters seem to be steady.

At the moment posters, wide banners and fanart will almost always be random.
    The way it determines what to use for the non-random image is what you see in the config for the group.
    If the Default image fields are blank it will use random images.

100_Config.jpg

I already have issues in the tracker which will allow you select what the default images will be when you are using non-random mode.

Raytestrak said:
    I've editted anime2_main again. It now has the new hidden menu layout. Circled in green: when grouping series, the #currentview overlapped the #title is in the topbar, this is fixed. I've moved the heart for favorites and the clock symbol (what is it for anyway?) to the topbar as well, out of the visible fanart area. Also, the titles an genre labels have been altered slightly.
    The red circle is something I still need to fix.

Ok I have put your version in for 2.0.3
    The clock image is actually an exclamation mark.
    It will be used to indicate when you have a missing episode (upcoming feature)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom