Can only concur to that!

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm still a bit puzzled about the episode assignment.

I think I understand that in order to map the entries, I have to create episode for them in the Manger tab. I did this, lookup up the episode id for it and mapped the episode to them via the File Manager.

Edit 3: Kicking myself now for not pressing the save button ...

I still have a small problem: I have an .iso for Escaflowne the movie, which doesn't show in either the manager or the File Manager, so I can't map it at all. Appearantly, it doesn't recognize .iso file? MediaPortal plays iso fine in MyVideos or MovingPictures though.

Other thing: Is there a way to trigger the import and cleanup from with the configuration applet? I would love to see this. Especially when constantly using the (file)manager, having to restart mp and trigger them from there is slightly annoying.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Were just making some research;

Example is from 07-Ghost (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6239);
    as of today having 10 eps and 1 special identified in series info

Looking into the html source you find under "g_section episodes" class the entries with the ep id's and lots of other nice info in a single stroke:

e.g. for ep 1 (eid=99325; title, etc)

<tr class="g_odd" id="eid_99325">
    <td class="action expand"><a class="i_icon i_plus" title="Expand this entry" href="animedb.pl?show=anime&amp;aid=6239&amp;eid=99325#eid_99325"><span>+</span></a></td>
    <td class="id eid"><a href="animedb.pl?show=ep&amp;eid=99325">1</a></td>
    <td class="lang"><span class="i_icon i_audio_en" title=" language: english"><span>en</span></span></td>

<td class="title">
    <span class="icons">
    <span class="i_icon i_seen" title="Watched 24.05.2009 19:28"><span>W</span></span>
    <a class="i_icon i_state_unknown" title="File with status: unknown" href="http://wiki.anidb.net/w/Filestates" rel="anidb::wiki"><span>SU</span></a>
    </span>
    <label title="切なる想いの行く末は / Setsunaru Omoi no Yukusue wa">The Future Of Painful Thoughts Is</label>
    </td>

<td class="duration">24m</td>
    <td class="date airdate">07.04.2009</td>
    <td class="number epusers"><a href="animedb.pl?show=userlist&amp;eid=99325">1181</a></td>
    <td class="number files">36</td>
    <td class="action episode">
    <a class="i_icon i_file_add" title="Add new file" href="animedb.pl?show=addfile&amp;eid=99325"><span>FA</span></a>

</td>
    </tr>
    <tr id="eid_99365">
    <td class="action expand"><a class="i_icon i_plus" title="Expand this entry" href="animedb.pl?show=anime&amp;aid=6239&amp;eid=99365#eid_99365"><span>+</span></a></td>
    <td class="id eid"><a href="animedb.pl?show=ep&amp;eid=99365">2</a></td>
    <td class="lang"><span class="i_icon i_audio_en" title=" language: english"><span>en</span></span></td>
    <td class="title">

<span class="icons">
    <span class="i_icon i_seen" title="Watched 24.05.2009 19:48"><span>W</span></span>
    <a class="i_icon i_state_unknown" title="File with status: unknown" href="http://wiki.anidb.net/w/Filestates" rel="anidb::wiki"><span>SU</span></a>
    </span>
    <label title="懐かしき記憶は痛みと共に / setsuna ru omoi no yukusue ha">Nostalgic Memories Accompany Pain</label>
    </td>
    <td class="duration">24m</td>

<td class="date airdate">14.04.2009</td>
    <td class="number epusers"><a href="animedb.pl?show=userlist&amp;eid=99365">951</a></td>
    <td class="number files">28</td>
    <td class="action episode">
    <a class="i_icon i_file_add" title="Add new file" href="animedb.pl?show=addfile&amp;eid=99365"><span>FA</span></a>
    </td>
    </tr>

...etc
    Gives at least one available navigation marker where these ep infos are centrally available

Associated ep-number to the id is stored in:
    <td class="id eid"><a href="animedb.pl?show=ep&amp;eid=99365">2</a></td>
    as epiD=99365 and episode number: 2
    as structure ...show=ep&amp;eid=EPISODE ADB ID">EPISODE NUMBER</a></td>

I think in case it is not trying to retrieve the same page several dozen times it should not strain the bandwidth.

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    bert_r said:
    One suggestion: Wouldn't it be useful to also show the user's vote (and not only the global rating)? Or maybe even allow the user to vote from within the plugin?
    The bit about rating episodes/series from within the plugin is Issue #8
    I had also thought about showing the users own rating and agree it is a good idea.
    The only problem is I don't know how to retrieve data on your own votes from the API (let me know if you can see it)
    Have raised as Issue #35

I think you can use the VOTE command:
    VOTE type={int2 type}&id={int4 id}[&value={int4 vote value}&epno={int4 episode number}]
    value: ..., 0 means retrieve (default), ...

Regarding the merging issues: What tool do you use to update/commit? I've looked into several tools for my work, and I've noticed that some tools mess up merging up while others work fairly well. I'm using TortoiseSVN at home and at work, and didn't encounter many large merging problems before.

I have to admit I find the manager very confusing at the moment.

I have only 2 anime series to experiment with: Black Lagoon and Black Lagoon - the second barrage. I wanted to group these in one 'Black Lagoon' group ... but I can't find out how. By default the plugin creates a group for each series. I can't find a way to move a series from one group to another, though. The only thing which seems possible is to create a new series for season 2 and new episodes for all the episodes in season 2 ... but I'm most likely missing something. Ignore this, I figured it out: Edit the series and select another group.

Maybe it would be better to use a tree layout in the manager? something like
    • Group1
      • Series1
        • Ep1
        • Ep2
      • Series2
        • Ep1
        • Ep2
    I think it would be a lot clearer, and moving eps/series would be a lot easier.
    If you want I can try to implement this.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Bert_R:

What I did:

• Go to Group Tab and Define a new Group (e.g. "Black Lagoon The Series")
    • Select/Highlight in the Group Tab now the "Black Lagoon the second Barrage"
    • Switching to Series Tab should show now only the "Black Lagoon the second Barrage" entry.
    • Double-Click on "Black Lagoon the second Barrage"
    • A Window Should appear with all entries to this series
    • Second field should be a pop down menu
    • Select now "Black Lagoon The Series" from the pop down field
    • hit save
    • automatically back to series tab
    • save again

Now the series is re-allocated to this new entry called "Black Lagoon The Series"
    You can Group in such a way all series, but have to manually assign for the group entry relevant information

I think when Iwerndly is back he can propose a better way

Cheers

Update: Seems you found it in parallel to this post

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, regarding episode assignment and general management of data.

bert_r - I think the way you suggested would be a great way of doing it. Feel free to make into something people other than myself understand how to use :)

For now I have modified the Episode editing so you can see which files are associated with an episode, and also add or remove those files without using the File Manager. This should make it slightly easier.

101_ConfigEpisode.jpg101_ConfigSelectFile.jpg

Merging issue - I am using Tortoise for this project, but use Microsoft TFS at work.
    I am sure I just did something stupid, so will be more careful in the future

Good news on the VOTE command. Just need to figure out the priority for it now.

yhoogi- the parsing of AniDB web pages is a strict no-no.
    Version 1 of the plugin does something similar to determine missing episodes and get anime descriptions.
    I have been reprimanded for this already so won't be doing it again :)

Having said, I am pretty confident I will have similar functionality to mp-tvseries in getting the full list of episodes and being able to show which ones are available or not (Next few days)

Raytestrak - running the cleanup and import from the Config screen is harder than it sounds. I'll need to do a bit of work before this can happen. Once some of the proposed changes have been made it shouldn't be as important though.

Also did you have a chance to test out the Season Switching?

I'll need to look at the ISO thing.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For now I have modified the Episode editing so you can see which files are associated with an episode, and also add or remove those files without using the File Manager. This should make it slightly easier.

Looks like a good improvement to me, and maybe with bert_r help it will be even better.

I am using Tortoise for this project, but use Microsoft TFS at work.

At Work?? Tssk ;)

the parsing of AniDB web pages is a strict no-no.
    Version 1 of the plugin does something similar to determine missing episodes and get anime descriptions.
    I have been reprimanded for this already so won't be doing it again :)

:D I remember that, the guy created an account on this forum just for that, don't think he ever posted anything again :D

running the cleanup and import from the Config screen is harder than it sounds. I'll need to do a bit of work before this can happen. Once some of the proposed changes have been made it shouldn't be as important though.

Also did you have a chance to test out the Season Switching?

I'll need to look at the ISO thing.

Cleanup/Import is a nice to have, if it's too much effort forget about it ... yesterday when trying to figure out the whole episode management grouping adventure I had to switch a lot between mp and the config utility, but normally you shouldn't have to.

Still no luck on the Season Switching. Can you give an example of what your doing?

My example: (writing this from memory though, since I'm also at work)

I have one group for Rozen Maiden, in it three groups for 1. Rozen Maiden (aid2386), 2. Rozen Maiden Traumend (aid3169) and 3. Rozen Maiden Overture (aid4772). The tvdb.com id for all three is 75411.

On the tvdb.com, Rozen Maiden is season1, RM Traumend is season2 and RM Overture is season3. I would expect that when I use the season select, that I could set a season number to each group, but nothing happens when I use the option in the menu.

Will this also list the series as

Rozen Maiden
    • Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3

I tried to do that for all my series, but that was a bad idea. In the manager I suddenly had lots of Season X groups :D

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    .......I am using Tortoise for this project, but use Microsoft TFS at work........

At Work?? Tssk ;)

Actually meant I use TFS for my work, not that I use TFS for this project at work :)

Raytestrak said:
    Still no luck on the Season Switching. Can you give an example of what your doing?

Ok this is how I intended it to work (I will use Ikkitousen as an example)

Initial Import creates two groups. One for Dragon Destiny and One for Great Guardians

Group_01.jpg

I go into the config screen, and rename one of the groups to just plain "Ikkitousen". This will become the one and only group.

Group_02.jpg

I go into the other group and then double click on the series. I change the group on this series to my renamed group.

Group_03.jpgGroup_04.jpg

Now both series will appear under my renamed group, so I can delete the empty group.

Group_05.jpgGroup_06.jpg

When i go back into the plugin there is just one group, now with the two series underneath it

Group_07.jpgGroup_08.jpg

So now you can use the menus to switch the season for each of the series

Group_09.jpgGroup_10.jpgGroup_11.jpg

This will not have any visible effect at the moment.
    But when I implement the episode retrieval, this will ensure that the correct information is used.
    I think someone mentioned using the absolute numbering scheme, but this doesn't always seem to be populated.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually meant I use TFS for my work, not that I use TFS for this project at work :)

hehehe, sorry ... (and here I am posting messages at work :D)

Ok this is how I intended it to work (I will use Ikkitousen as an example)

Initial Import creates two groups. One for Dragon Destiny and One for Great Guardians

I go into the config screen, and rename one of the groups to just plain "Ikkitousen". This will become the one and only group.

I go into the other group and then double click on the series. I change the group on this series to my renamed group.

Now both series will appear under my renamed group, so I can delete the empty group.

When i go back into the plugin there is just one group, now with the two series underneath it

So now you can use the menus to switch the season for each of the series

View attachment 41521

This will not have any visible effect at the moment.
    But when I implement the episode retrieval, this will ensure that the correct information is used.
    I think someone mentioned using the absolute numbering scheme, but this doesn't always seem to be populated.

This last screen never appears with my series and I follow the same steps ... I'm using a different skin, but that shouldn't be a problem ... guess I'll have to check again at home. For Rozen Maiden I use the same tvdb.com id for all series. I see you have a different tvdb.com for both your Ikkitousen series, how will you be able to retrieve season data from the tvdb.com using two id's?

Is it possible to implement something as Groups as Season view? I'm asking, because now it's alphabetical and this puts series in the wrong order when grouped. An other option could be to put the season number in front of the series name when you select the season from thetvdb.com.

Strange thing: I've renamed a few series in the main screen (using the AniDB rename option) and it placed them at the end and NOT alpabetical. Now I have Code Geass and Higurashi at the end of my (banner)list, after Zero No Tsukaima.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    This last screen never appears with my series and I follow the same steps ... I'm using a different skin, but that shouldn't be a problem ... guess I'll have to check again at home. For Rozen Maiden I use the same tvdb.com id for all series. I see you have a different tvdb.com for both your Ikkitousen series, how will you be able to retrieve season data from the tvdb.com using two id's?

Ah you caught me there, I only realized the mistake after taking most of the screenies.
    I changed the TvDB ID to point to the Ikkitousen series which has 3 seasons.
    TvDB also has individual series for Dragon Destiny and Great Guardians
    So it will work either way, as long as the data on TvDB is populated.

Can you check your logs to see what is happening for the season switch. I added more logging in 2.0.3.

Raytestrak said:
    Is it possible to implement something as Groups as Season view? I'm asking, because now it's alphabetical and this puts series in the wrong order when grouped. An other option could be to put the season number in front of the series name when you select the season from thetvdb.com.

Yup I can look at doing this as an option, although it may start looking funny if you have other series/ovas in there which are also Season 1 according to TvDB.
    For now you could rename the series to something like "S1 - Ikkitousen"

Raytestrak said:
    Strange thing: I've renamed a few series in the main screen (using the AniDB rename option) and it placed them at the end and NOT alpabetical. Now I have Code Geass and Higurashi at the end of my (banner)list, after Zero No Tsukaima.

Took me a while to replicate this.
    It looks like the default ordering in sqlite treats uppercase and lowercase differently.
    Did you name your group with a lower case letter at the start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom