My Anime 2 (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Version 2.0.3

FIXED: Group/Series naming was using the episode language option rather than the series language option ( Issue #32 )
FIXED: Run Import process was not picking up files in the root folder
FIXED: Run Import will no longer try to get AniDB info for files which have been manually assigned an episode
FIXED: Hyperlinks in config screen now correctly open the browser to the AniDB/TvDB pages
FIXED: Removed options from the config screen that are no longer relevant
CHANGED: Use Raytestrak's changes to the MediaStream skin
ADDED: Improved hashing speed using ed2k dll ( Issue #13 )
ADDED: New View options for Genre and Year
ADDED: Extra error catching and logging to code related to switching a TvDB season
ADDED: Show the version number in the Utilities window
ADDED: Ability to rename a group/series using Romaji name, English name or Synonyms from AniDB
ADDED: Horizontal scroll bar for file manager in config screen

Attachments

• MyAnimePlugin_2.0.3.zip
    30.7 KB

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

Thanks for the update; my first feedback:
    • As it is not mentioned: where is the ed2k.dll to be stored?
    • The horizontal scroll bar seems not to appear in the file manager
    • When I start "Cleanup DB" is it looking for files w/o associated eps? Would have thought the opposite: to delete unallocated entries (I would have considered this a task for import)
    • I have to admitt I have also problems to get the hang on how to incorporate missing files. Currently I add all open eps manually from AnimeDB (ep No, ep ID, Title,..) via file manager. May I suggest in future release something similar as in MyTVSeries: Missing eps are shown in the config as greyed text? Then there is only a link to such unallocated files required

Cheers,

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    To create an episode you need to go to the Manager tab
    1. Select a group
    2. Click the series tab
    3. Select a series
    4. Click the Episodes tab to see current episode
    5. Click the New Episode button to create for the current series

I got that part (I think), but it's still mostly manual right? You have to look up the episode id yourself. I was wondering if there's an option to show all episodes related to the series you have in your database, now it only shows the episodes you have present. Take a look at mptvseries if you don't quite get what I mean, in that plugin, when you manually assign a file to an episode, you get a list with the series, then you select a season (with anidb, it would be normal and special) and then you see all episode related to that series season. This way you don't have to manually type episodename/episode id.

Can't wait to upgrade to v2.0.3 ... too bad I have to work another 9 hours :(

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:
    As it is not mentioned: where is the ed2k.dll to be stored?

Just in the root folder for MediaPortal. The current location in the package is the correct relative path.

yhoogi said:
    The horizontal scroll bar seems not to appear in the file manager

Woops lost when I merged in from bert_r's fixes. I will put it back in.

yhoogi said:
    When I start "Cleanup DB" is it looking for files w/o associated eps? Would have thought the opposite: to delete unallocated entries (I would have considered this a task for import)

Run Import basically looks at every file in your shared folder and does the following
    1. Looks for new files
    2. Looks at files which don't have AniDB File data
    3. Queries for any AniDB data that may be missing

Cleanup does the following
    1. Search for Episodes which are not linked to a Series
    2. Search for files without an associated episode
    3. Reconcilitate watched status between files and episodes
    4. Reconcilitate unwatched episode counts for series and groups
    5. Refreshing list of genres from series info
    6. Removing file entries where file no longer physically exists (except for DVD episodes)
    7. Fix AniDB episode records with incorrect air dates

I can move functionality from one button to another, or I could combine them into one button. Depends what people want.

yhoogi said:
    I have to admitt I have also problems to get the hang on how to incorporate missing files. Currently I add all open eps manually from AnimeDB (ep No, ep ID, Title,..) via file manager. May I suggest in future release something similar as in MyTVSeries: Missing eps are shown in the config as greyed text? Then there is only a link to such unallocated files required

When you say you add all the episodes, do you just mean the series where you have unallocated files?
    It will be harder to replicate the same functionality as mp-tvseries, as it is much harder to get a list of all episodes from AniDB (compared to TheTvDB). But I will see what can be done

That's basically what you were asking as well I think Raytestrak.

Looks like i lost my other fix "Run Import will no longer try to get AniDB info for files which have been manually assigned an episode" when I did the merge as well.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

yhoogi said:
    I have to admitt I have also problems to get the hang on how to incorporate missing files. Currently I add all open eps manually from AnimeDB (ep No, ep ID, Title,..) via file manager. May I suggest in future release something similar as in MyTVSeries: Missing eps are shown in the config as greyed text? Then there is only a link to such unallocated files required

When you say you add all the episodes, do you just mean the series where you have unallocated files?
    It will be harder to replicate the same functionality as mp-tvseries, as it is much harder to get a list of all episodes from AniDB (compared to TheTvDB). But I will see what can be done

That's basically what you were asking as well I think Raytestrak.

I had so far not the case where I had to add a whole series. Only missing eps in an already identified series. "All open eps" was referring to the residual ~40 entries which were not recognised. Maybe with the new dll the number will be reduced; will have to check when I am back home.

For the ep retrieval: I thought the series would provide a top-down link to the ep-id, (e.g. http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=ep&eid=98462 ) in the db. If this is not the case I admitt it is getting problematic to build an episode list

Cheers,

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For the ep retrieval: I thought the series would provide a top-down link to the ep-id, (e.g. http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=ep&eid=98462 ) in the db. If this is not the case I admitt it is getting problematic to build an episode list

Cheers,

Isn't 98462 the Episode ID you need to enter in the episode assignment? Haven't been able to look at 2.0.3 yet, but if there's a link to the series, than this will make it easier at least. If you only have to enter the episode ID and the retrieval of the epsiode title and other information is automatic, than that would be okay I guess.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:

With AniDB you start from the bottom
    • Get the file hash
    • From file hash get the AniDB file Info
    • File Info references the episode
    • Episode References the series.

With TvDB you can
    • Search for series based on series name
    • Do one call to get a list of all the episodes for that series

I've gone through the API spec for AniDB, and it looks like I should be able to get the information.
    I just need to confirm that this method won't fall under the leeching rules.
    Most likely I'll need to make it a user initiated option within the plugin to create those episode place holders for any episodes which you have missing

Raytestrak said:
    Isn't 98462 the Episode ID you need to enter in the episode assignment? Haven't been able to look at 2.0.3 yet, but if there's a link to the series, than this will make it easier at least. If you only have to enter the episode ID and the retrieval of the epsiode title and other information is automatic, than that would be okay I guess.

Yes it is.
    I have an issue on the tracker that will get the information from AniDB if you have manually entered an EpisodeID

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Raytestrak said:

Yes it is.
    I have an issue on the tracker that will get the information from AniDB if you have manually entered an EpisodeID

Wouldn't it be wortwhile to raise an issue to AnimeDB to retrieve the series ID with the associated ep-ID's as well?

I presume AnimeDB is somehow also building their main view for a series with such a collection. So it should be feasible on their side to provide a list with a small effort.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:
    Wouldn't it be wortwhile to raise an issue to AnimeDB to retrieve the series ID with the associated ep-ID's as well?

I presume AnimeDB is somehow also building their main view for a series with such a collection. So it should be feasible on their side to provide a list with a small effort.

Yeah I have made a couple requests for features, and they respond pretty quickly.
    However I think they only have one person who works on the UDP API, so work goes at a fairly slow pace (much like this plugin)

Also something like this would return quite a bit of data, which is more complicated with UDP which is restricted to 1400 bytes per message.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah I have made a couple requests for features, and they respond pretty quickly.
    However I think they only have one person who works on the UDP API, so work goes at a fairly slow pace (much like this plugin)

And besides the development you have all these questions thrown at your head in the forum as well. :D

Just to let you know:

:D It's appreciated:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom