My Anime 2 (2 Viewers)

craige1

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Alice Springs
Home Country
Australia Australia
Sorry about the question, ill try making it more clear.

As i understand you want the anime plugin to do this.
attachment.php

but atm anime does this.
attachment.php

When anime plugin is in list layout mode its fine. Simply change the list to years just like in MP.

The problem occurs when in any other layout, banner, or wide banner. Since these layouts use banners if we were to change the list to year dates, you would just get a bunch of blank banner placeholders. Both tvseries and moving pictures dont allow sort by years so i couldnt find any solutions there :(.

One way would be to disable banner layouts while in years view. But this would remove that functionalty from the banners, which feels like a step backwards.

[edit]
I just realised another way which seems to be ok. In the year’s selection list currently in anime plugin, add "list years" or something similar on the top of the year’s selection list. Selecting this view will change the anime list to years just like in MP videos, but by having it a separate option, it leaves the current year view settings alone for the banner views.

The plugin currently doesnt remember view settings, so if you want it to start on that view, a feature to remeber last view would also need to be added.

Attachments

• myvideos.jpg
    myvideos.jpg
    50.4 KB
  • animeyears.jpg
    animeyears.jpg
    81.4 KB

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, now I understand your question:

As I am almost in the List-View as there are still a lot of banners not available, so I had no real use for it.
    Therefore I had not checked the impacts on the other views.

Also I am using exclusively my remote, so everything needs to be accessible without trying to navigate to sub-menus

An alternative approach would be to generate a set of banners with the year number.

Cheers,

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Two small question, one of which I don't know is plugin or skin related, the other is definately skin related (help request actually).

1. In mptvseries (and other MP plugins), when you press escape, you go back to the episode selection screen and see the details and a small preview windows in the top right. In Anime2 I go back to the episode selection screen, but I don't see the preview windows nor the episode image. Only the episode list.
    2. I'm trying to get my skin (MediaStream in my case) to show the missing episode icon in the episode list. Right now, it only shows for groups (but not the groups in the main view). In a nutshell, I can't see if a single group has missing episodes. I've been fiddling with <isvisible> controls, but without much luck. I got either to show always or not at all :D

Ideally, I would like it to be recursive so that the missing icon only doesn't shows for complete groups and utopially (if it's not a word yet, I'm gonna claim the rights to it ;)), I would like it to NOT show for missing specials. I do want the report to show all missing episodes, including specials etc. though. This would be a plugin feature request though. Does this make any sense?

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Something came up when importing stuff.

This series I had hashed from a hard disk location in my network. Now I burned a DVD backup, and as I always do I ran an import on the DVD, to have it as the final reference for the episodes. My intention was to then delete the hard disk locations.

Then I tried to test this by looking at one episode, and saw those two exact entries for files. But the thing is that neither work, so no matter which one you click on, you can't get it to play.

This happened too with another series, which I had moved, then imported another group's episodes for it. So now I have 3 entries for each episode, two of the hard disk versions and one of the new group's DVD. The new stuff works from the file selection, but the old hard disk based don't, neither do.

I see a pattern here, this doesn't seem to handle locations well for some reason.

I'm gonna enter configuration do clean it up for a bit and see if I can solve it. But this is something I'll be doing regularly, so I'd want to know what's the most efficient way to do this. That is, I'll be getting new series and hosting them on the network HD, until they are completed, at which point I will burn them into a DVD backup and delete the HD files.

Next thing I'm gonna

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    - Is mylist on anidb still updating? I'm missing quite a few entries. I'm guessing it didn't work for some time, because some recent files are there, but some older ones aren't. Is there anyway to resync it?

Sorry this is a pretty late reply, been busy on other projects.
    Yes this should be working now.
    Some times AniDB will time out and files may not be added. You can re-sync files one by one by setting it unwatched and back to watched.
    I mentioned somewhere why I can't do a mass sync'ing.

Raytestrak said:
    - I noticed the date and time notification are still based on the regional settings instead of the mediaportal settings, could you take a look at this? My dates are in dutch now, but my mediaportal is in english.

Yup this is still and outstanding issue, getting there eventually :)

FdL said:
    Something came up when importing stuff.

This series I had hashed from a hard disk location in my network. Now I burned a DVD backup, and as I always do I ran an import on the DVD, to have it as the final reference for the episodes. My intention was to then delete the hard disk locations.

Then I tried to test this by looking at one episode, and saw those two exact entries for files. But the thing is that neither work, so no matter which one you click on, you can't get it to play.

... snip...

Yup I have noticed this as well, it's the #1 on my priority list.

FdL said:
    Next thing I'm gonna

Don't keep us hanging on!

mpiva and craige1 have done a huge amount of work while I've been slacking, so I'll do a release in the next couple of days. Should address a few of the issues mentioned recently

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Oh, LOL! XD

That's my usual scatterbrain posting :p

I had a battle of shonen proportions (including length) with getting a series to be properly recognised and classified in my database. The series was Sorcerer Hunters.

I had converted the ogm files I downloaded to avi. I think that was the main problem, as the plugin failed to recognise any. I didn't have a series either, so I had to manually enter it with the AniDB and TVDB codes. Doing that alone initially caused that it failed to show anything in the list. I thought something would kick in with the Run Import and would get the episodes. But well, I couldn't even see the entry I just created for the episodes.

So I had to add them manually >.< Took ages, and the problem still persisted. Only whenever I would turn the web service off, I would get my whole list back, with the entry for the new series showing something like "<anidbromanjiname>", which of course, it didn't have.

Finally I solved it, I can't quite remember how, but it might have involved deleting the TVDB code for the series and forcing it to search for it from the "not found in TVDB" screen, then fortunately the Import kicking in at some point.

So now the series entry works, weirdly enough it's slow as hell whenever I enter that series, hangs ups, delays, etc. But works.

I need to do the same with Love Hina... :( Is there any other better way to do it?

Also, the Cleanup Database option doesn't erase the db clean, right? Its just a maintenance thing?

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    mpiva and craige1 have done a huge amount of work while I've been slacking, so I'll do a release in the next couple of days. Should address a few of the issues mentioned recently

Good to 'see' you again, I was starting to wonder if you were okay (internet is stupid).

Nice to hear you have an extra couple of devs on your side!

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

I started to import all my files to a WHS as I discovered that some DVD's started to degrade. But running the server constantly is a financial pain (150W) so I would like to keep the files on a HDD / server in low power standby and have them available only on request.
    My two questions:
    • Is it possible to extend the CD/DVD option to HDD files as well? (To avoid deletion during a file clean up)
    • Maybe to introduce a WakeOnLAN in case these files are accessed (with a longer time-out for playback as the server requires a bit longer to come back up)

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom