My Anime 2 (3 Viewers)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Already did this, but works only in case of magic packet or pattern - and this works well.
    Only thing is that I cant wake the system while trying to access a share (as Raytestrak mentioned)

Maybe I need to check if something else is missing

Cheer,

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah, thats why I use WHS; files are mirrored over availabled HDDs. - And in case of a failure of a HDD or WHS you can still retrieve your files. Maybe takes a while but still possible.

Thanks & will check the link.

Btw. the wakeupon network request is not something I experiened so far with XP. Is this a new feature?

Cheers,

Yeah, I thought about WHS too but what happens after an OS crash/reinstall? Can it really rebuild your data easily? There was also a bug in an earlier release which could cause data corrruption. That's why I gave up on a (software) raid system within windows and switched to a dedicated system. I had one faulty driver update and my raid array was broken.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, thats why I use WHS; files are mirrored over availabled HDDs. - And in case of a failure of a HDD or WHS you can still retrieve your files. Maybe takes a while but still possible.

Thanks & will check the link.

Btw. the wakeupon network request is not something I experiened so far with XP. Is this a new feature?

Cheers,

Yeah, I thought about WHS too but what happens after an OS crash/reinstall? Can it really rebuild your data easily? There was also a bug in an earlier release which could cause data corrruption. That's why I gave up on a (software) raid system within windows and switched to a dedicated system. I had one faulty driver update and my raid array was broken.

The files are not in a RAID 5 manner stored. Its done by the fileservice who is storing a duplicated file on a different HDD ; so its similar to RAID 1 but not on drive but on file basis.
    So you will have all files available in any case. I tried to avoid exactly the problem you mentioned: Some screw up and all is lost.

The error you mentioned is gone for about 1 year and was also only caused in case you were continuously working on an open file on the share (e.g. Outlook mail file). For stored files this did not count.

The OS is on a dedicated partition, separated from the data to be stored.
    In case you have a complete crash or want to re-install you have a dedicated entry in the install routine. So no data is lost and all share folders with their individual settings are available. I did it several times due to HW changes. Runs very smooth to my surprise never occured a problem here so far (cross my fingers)

Having also a backup system for your clients is something I had to use several times now. Saved quite some time.

Only drawback I see is the poor support for MP. There are some issues with TV server installation and DVB-S2 (see other Threads in the forum).
    I hope the developers would include the WHS in the supported list.

Aside of that I have good experience with the WHS.

Cheers,

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Only drawback I see is the poor support for MP. There are some issues with TV server installation and DVB-S2 (see other Threads in the forum).
    I hope the developers would include the WHS in the supported list.

Aside of that I have good experience with the WHS.

Cheers,

And the fact that it's a mirror-based solution, therefor not very space efficient, although probably better performing. But maybe I'll snatch WHS from MSDN to give it a look. Probably gonna switch to Windows7 on the 6th of august though :D

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well. the rather generous waste of HDD space is also something which resulted in the aforementioned 10 HDDs required. A RAID 5 would be much more interesting, but there was the trade between safety and money.

I will use W7 for the clients when it is available (got some licenses during the advance order session 2 weeks ago)

Lucky you that you have a msdn account and start next week with W7. Ah sweet time long ago where you were flooded by msdn with CDs each month. Have to wait until 22. October

Cheers,

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Release 2.0.12

Credit again to craige1 and mpiva who did the bulk of the work on this one.

Download

FIXED: Text overlapping on list items ( Issue #12 )
    FIXED: problem playing files when you have moved them to a different physical location
    FIXED: Handle web service not returning data properly
    FIXED: Problems displaying images from TvDB in poster/fanart/banner selection screens
    CHANGED: AniDB Characters/Episodes/Series/Creators now support the Kanji Name plus a version row
    CHANGED: Skins Series/Groups now show Watched and Unwatched count
    CHANGED: Group View now consolidates the information from the Series
    CHANGED: Use a dedicated log file (MyAnime2.log) ( Issue #61 )
    CHANGED: Mask AniDB username and password in log file
    ADDED: Checks if folder already exists when adding folder.
    ADDED: XFactor skin support. ( Issue #60 )
    ADDED: AniDB deflate support. Whole anime data can be loaded in one udp packet now. ( Issue #62 )
    ADDED: AniDB UTF-16 support. Kanji/Hiragana and Katakana support. ( Issue #62 )
    ADDED: AniDB multi-part support, multipart descriptions are retrieved without trimming.
    ADDED: My Anime 2 now support CJK Ideographs (Japanese). ( Issue #63 )
    ADDED: Added new Skin Properties for skinners, list in SkinDevelopment (Specially Title Rotators. They rotate the Romanji/English/Kanji Titles)
    ADDED: There is a new checkbox in Import configuration, when enabled, AniDB Character/Episode/Series/Creator will be actualized with missing previous data (Example: Kanji Title, trimmed description)
    ADDED: New Font Regeneration tool in Config, this tool will regenerate MediaPortal? fonts with Japanese support (Needed if you want Japanese support)
    ADDED: There is a new Anime2_MainWithJapanese.xml and Anime2_ShadowsWithJapanese.xml in the skins folder. Rename to Anime2_Main.xml and Anime2_Shadows.xml to checkout extended Japanese support.
    ADDED: New fontengine.dll compiled with Japanese support included, copy to the mediaportal dir to get Japanese support. (Already asked for submission to the mediaportal repository)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the new release! I do have to warn mediaportal users that the japanese fonts BREAK the skin. The main menu is al screwed up, don't know if it breaks other places yet. I'll see if I can find the cause and post a fix. Will also take a look at the skin files, to keep it consistent with mptvseries.

How is the episode watched/unwatched icon controlled? I'm asking because for MediaStream, the location of the watched/unwatched icon is in the corner of the episode thumb, but this stays unavailable and unwatched.
    If I revert back to my old skinfiles, the new icons are gone, but I can't fnd the proper entries in the new skin files.
    I want to change them, because now it looks more like streamedmp then mediastream.

I've posted two images of the correct main menu and the screwed up menu. It's not only alligned incorrect, but the bigger font seems fuzzy to me, or could this be my imagination? I've also included the series screen for mptvseries for mediastream and for anime2, to show what I mean by it not being consistent.

Edit: It's not my imagination. I've also seen textcorruption. Went back to the old dll for the fonts, cleared the cache, restored the fonts.xml from the original mediastream skin but I still have japanese fonts? (with japanese xml that is of course). The japanese looks great, not that I can read it :D

Attachments

• mp_home_normal.jpg
      mp_home_normal.jpg
      143.8 KB
    • mp_home_japanese_font.jpg
      mp_home_japanese_font.jpg
      143.6 KB
    • mptvseries_watched.jpg
      mptvseries_watched.jpg
      213.4 KB
    • Anime2_Watched.jpg
      Anime2_Watched.jpg
      168.3 KB
    • Anime2_Watched2.jpg
      Anime2_Watched2.jpg
      198.9 KB

dqv69

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    I, first of all I have to say "great job"

I've just a little question :
    What is the difference between "Group" and "Series" ?
    I don't understand why there is two level.
    Because all my "Group" are the same than my Series.

Can you please explain me the consept of "Group"

Thx.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I, first of all I have to say "great job"

I've just a little question :
    What is the difference between "Group" and "Series" ?
    I don't understand why there is two level.
    Because all my "Group" are the same than my Series.

Can you please explain me the consept of "Group"

Thx.

By default the plugin creates one group for each series.

The main use is to group related series, such as seasons of one show.
    For example:
    Major has 5 seasons, which appear as 5 different series on AniDB
    You can put all these into one group for easier browsing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom