pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll solution is working for me too. Was searching for this very long..

Another question I wanted to ask is. I have streamedMP skin installed. But is there a way to put My Anime in the home screen as the watch my movies etc. Streamedmp did come with a menu editor, but I can't seem to slelect my anime anywhere there..

Kind regards.

In the pluginconfig you have the option "Homescreen" or "Plugin" - the screen where you can select the plugins you want to config

Zuttasoxx

Portal Member
    September 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Kind regards.

In the pluginconfig you have the option "Homescreen" or "Plugin" - the screen where you can select the plugins you want to config[/QUOTE]

It does not realy show, because streamedmp doesn't follow that. Since mymovies and mptvseries are set as plugin, but stil lshow in homescreen in streamedmp

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Another question I wanted to ask is. I have streamedMP skin installed. But is there a way to put My Anime in the home screen as the watch my movies etc. Streamedmp did come with a menu editor, but I can't seem to slelect my anime anywhere there..

I didn't even know StreamedMP had a menu generator! You do mean the one that generates a new myBasicHome.xml, right? When I used use that one I could find Anime2_Main in the list:
    SteamedMP1.jpg SteamedMP2.jpg

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Zuttasoxx

I can also confirm that via the Menu Generator you can include the plugin in the home screen (confirmed up to latest issue of MP 1.1.0Beta and the latest StreamedMP)

The login problem occurs sometimes which may have several potential causes. So far the most likely I experienced were: flooding the site with requestes (e.g when you import a large amount of files) overload (too many requests) or simple site maintenance.
    I don't know if the site is replying in such a case with a more detailed failure description and can be capured in the log file (Iwerndly?)

Cheers,

Btw Iwerndly:
    As there is this behaviour that the plugin stops to retrieve further info from AnimeDB while importing large amounts of files: Is it possible to restart the retrievel after a time-out period?
    Nothing is more frustrating than finding next morning only 300 files imported and still 3000 (or even more ) to go.
    Stretches significantly the import process

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:
    The login problem occurs sometimes which may have several potential causes. So far the most likely I experienced were: flooding the site with requestes (e.g when you import a large amount of files) overload (too many requests) or simple site maintenance.
    I don't know if the site is replying in such a case with a more detailed failure description and can be capured in the log file (Iwerndly?)

Btw Iwerndly:
    As there is this behaviour that the plugin stops to retrieve further info from AnimeDB while importing large amounts of files: Is it possible to restart the retrievel after a time-out period?
    Nothing is more frustrating than finding next morning only 300 files imported and still 3000 (or even more ) to go.
    Stretches significantly the import process

Generally the log file will contain the reason why it is no longer processing your requests. You may get something along the following lines

555 BANNED {LEECHING} - indicates the API thinks you are leeching data. The ban lasts 24 hours
    601 ANIDB OUT OF SERVICE - TRY AGAIN LATER
    602 SERVER BUSY - TRY AGAIN LATER
    598 UNKNOWN COMMAND

The 555 response I receive quite often when I am doing testing of large imports (thousands of files)
    The 598 response I have started receiving over the last couple of days (when logging in) which resolves itself after a few hours.

I have a new host for the Web Service (which is basically just an online cache of the data received from AniDB).
    I hadn't planned on turning this back on in full, but I may do so for the situations where you cannot connect to AniDB itself.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    What log file is it?

MyAnime2.log file, which should be under your log folder for MediaPortal.

In Vista the default location is
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom