Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yhoogi said:
    The login problem occurs sometimes which may have several potential causes. So far the most likely I experienced were: flooding the site with requestes (e.g when you import a large amount of files) overload (too many requests) or simple site maintenance.
    I don't know if the site is replying in such a case with a more detailed failure description and can be capured in the log file (Iwerndly?)

Btw Iwerndly:
    As there is this behaviour that the plugin stops to retrieve further info from AnimeDB while importing large amounts of files: Is it possible to restart the retrievel after a time-out period?
    Nothing is more frustrating than finding next morning only 300 files imported and still 3000 (or even more ) to go.
    Stretches significantly the import process

Generally the log file will contain the reason why it is no longer processing your requests. You may get something along the following lines

555 BANNED {LEECHING} - indicates the API thinks you are leeching data. The ban lasts 24 hours
    601 ANIDB OUT OF SERVICE - TRY AGAIN LATER
    602 SERVER BUSY - TRY AGAIN LATER
    598 UNKNOWN COMMAND

The 555 response I receive quite often when I am doing testing of large imports (thousands of files)
    The 598 response I have started receiving over the last couple of days (when logging in) which resolves itself after a few hours.

I have a new host for the Web Service (which is basically just an online cache of the data received from AniDB).
    I hadn't planned on turning this back on in full, but I may do so for the situations where you cannot connect to AniDB itself.
    Hm ... As I'm experiencing the same now (I tried to import all files in one go ...) - of course you could go the way and select only specific folders at once and import them - but switching between the GUI and the Config is rather annoying - so - any chance to implement the import itself also to the Config? same as with TV Series for example?

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just cant get this plugin working.

Did the configuration like it was described in the Wiki, i also opened the port in my Firewall.
    But when i try to import my files hi tries to add them to the anidb queue and then say others: login failed.

The login data is correct i tested it on the anidb website.

I attached my Log file maybe you can see whats wrong.

Btw. i use 1.1.0BETA-1 on Win XP SP3

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I just cant get this plugin working.

Did the configuration like it was described in the Wiki, i also opened the port in my Firewall.
    But when i try to import my files hi tries to add them to the anidb queue and then say others: login failed.

The login data is correct i tested it on the anidb website.

I attached my Log file maybe you can see whats wrong.

Btw. i use 1.1.0BETA-1 on Win XP SP3

Post Nr 46 ... I think you are also missing tis file.

Best Regards

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for the hint, will try that.
    But one question, if it is needed why is this file not in the package?

Gute Frage ...

Seems as it was includd in MP - but as I understood they want to build a installer checking also for this file ... just read the lats 4 or five pages

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks for the hint, will try that.
    But one question, if it is needed why is this file not in the package?

Gute Frage ...

Seems as it was includd in MP - but as I understood they want to build a installer checking also for this file ... just read the lats 4 or five pages

Indeed, it's something like this. Not so long ago this dll was redistributed with MediaPortal, so we didn't add it to the package. For some reason in the latest versions the dll was removed ... so we'll have to add it to our package.
    The next release (expected one of these days) there should be an installer which takes care of all this, including the basic configuration.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Indeed, it's something like this. Not so long ago this dll was redistributed with MediaPortal, so we didn't add it to the package. For some reason in the latest versions the dll was removed ... so we'll have to add it to our package.
    The next release (expected one of these days) there should be an installer which takes care of all this, including the basic configuration.

Currently hitting the refresh Button every 30 minutes disparately waiting for the new release - wow - Changelog sounds VERY promising :):D

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Impor stops after processing First Folder

I have two folders to process in the config - "Clamp" and "Ongoing" - Clamp is beeing processed as it should - Ongoing is hashed (and after reset also uploaded to anidb) - but not added to the Database ...

Here is the Log - hope it helps solving this issue ...

Attachments

• Animer.zip
      30.6 KB

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    Seems to be loading really slowly across my 1gb network. there's about a 2-5 second delay switching from banner to banner.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    pur_berger said:
    I have two folders to process in the config - "Clamp" and "Ongoing" - Clamp is beeing processed as it should - Ongoing is hashed (and after reset also uploaded to anidb) - but not added to the Database ...

Here is the Log - hope it helps solving this issue ...

From your logs
    555 BANNED Leeching. (Experimental version!)

This is quite common.
    What I do for large imports is to first turn off the Automatic Character/Actor infor downloads.
    This will usually reduce the amount of requests you send to AniDB by about 60%.

Once you have finished importing all your basic file/series information then turn this back on.

pur_berger said:
    Currently hitting the refresh Button every 30 minutes disparately waiting for the new release - wow - Changelog sounds VERY promising

It's probably a few more days away yet.
    Still need to run a bit longer on our own systems for testing.
    And waiting on a couple more changes to the installer, which will make it easier for most people.

scythe000 said:
    Seems to be loading really slowly across my 1gb network. there's about a 2-5 second delay switching from banner to banner.

What do you mean by switching from banner to banner?
    In one of the images screens?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom