My Anime 2 (1 Viewer)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2. 9 times out of ten, I get Other: Loginfailed, when the plugin is logging in to AniDB. I've checked the log, and I'm getting the "598: Unknown command"-error. Does anyone know why this occurs? Sometimes it just works, but mostly it doesn't.

I discovered that this is happening when you reconnect to AnimeDB from the same IP.
    Either if you have interupted a hash by closing mp or when you start a new hash/import immediatly a former import is concluded.
    This is on the other hand not happening if you have changed meanwhile your IP.

I think that the server was checking and blocking the access if there was already an established connection not properly terminated or if you try to reconnect too fast.

Cheers

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I have with two files a similar issue

One was constantly re-hashed, the other showed a negative "%"-tage value.
    But this was resolved when I deleted them.

As I had a system crash, I was assuming some corruption

Cheers,

Did the files happen to be 0KB?

OK - just checked it - jep - it was a 0KB file - you are good! Happend to be a file in a folder where it shouldn't have been .. removed - import is running again :)

Lauregos

Portal Member
    September 5, 2009
    I discovered that this is happening when you reconnect to AnimeDB from the same IP.
    Either if you have interupted a hash by closing mp or when you start a new hash/import immediatly a former import is concluded.

I think that the server was checking and blocking the access if there was already an established connection not properly terminated or if you try to reconnect too fast.

Cheers
    That may very well be true. I have a static IP, and have restarted MP quite a few times in frustration. :D
    I've also noticed that when I DO connect successfully to AniDB, it's usually been a few hours since I last tried.

At least I know why, or at least probably why, thanks!

Though I have to wonder what ridiculous timeout-times AniDB seems to have, since I've waited well more than a few minutes sometimes...

Now I'll just have to figure out how to force-rehash those series which just won't turn up in the list (the files show up in the database if I look at it with a text editor, but not anywhere else)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see 3 potential options:
    1) manual entry in the DB (should AnimeSeriesID; just sort this field and you see the blank ones to be filled)
    2) Wait for next issue; maybe a patch or a repair function will be implemented
    3) try to enter the missing series via the manager tab in the config screen (Group & series). Its a hunch, but maybe if you have entered these two and enabled download of all eps info even files are not available it will try to re-attach the lost eps

Cheers

Lauregos

Portal Member
    September 5, 2009
    This is weird... The series not listed in the listing aren't showing up at all in the AniDB_Anime or AnimeSeries tables. There are however a number of episodes of the missing series showing up in the AnimeEpisode table, with an AnimeSeriesID filled in...

I guess I could create new entries manually, though that may take some time (there are quite a lot of tables that would need to be filled in with correct information - do I have to add other information, like plot, genres etc manually too?)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Manula adding epsiode

Same here - would it be possible to only ad the episode number and the serie the episode belongs to instead of filling the wohle information for every episode (like title ...)

(When you create a Group - and a series within it - you need to tell it the anidb code anyway - when you now add the file to the series with the episode number matching should already be possible - or am I wrong?)

OK - have checked through the wiki ... you can do it - more or less - automatically - but I feel it would make still sense to have the complete import process also availible from the config and not only from the UI - to prevent switching between these two modes all the time

Lauregos

Portal Member
    September 5, 2009
    Okay, some more information, to clarify:

If I use the group/series manager in the config for the plugin, I can create groups and series, but I can't connect the files I want, since the files aren't showing up in the unrecognized-list at all.

If I use a databasemanager to look at the database, I can find the missing series/episodes in the filehash and localfiles-tables. I can also find them in the episodes-tables. In the AniDB-episodes-table, even the AniDB-seriesID is filled.

However, in all other tables, whole series are missing. I can't find them anywhere, and I don't really know how to add new ones correctly, as I'll probably end up having to specify new SeriesIDs for 70% of the episodes (that's about how many that are missing). Since that's about 700 files, I'd rather not do that manually. :D

I guess I'll try a complete new rehash, and watch out for problems in the log. Hopefully, we'll figure out what's going wrong. :)

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    This is weird... The series not listed in the listing aren't showing up at all in the AniDB_Anime or AnimeSeries tables. There are however a number of episodes of the missing series showing up in the AnimeEpisode table, with an AnimeSeriesID filled in...

I guess I could create new entries manually, though that may take some time (there are quite a lot of tables that would need to be filled in with correct information - do I have to add other information, like plot, genres etc manually too?)

I had a similar problem once, and that was because there was an AnimeEpisode in the database without a corresponding AnimeSeries record; Because there was an AnimeEpisode record the files were not shown as unrecognized, and the series didn't show up because there was no AnimeSeries record.

If you can access the database yourself, you might want to try to fix the problem yourself: The easiest way to do this is to delete all AnimeEpisode, AnimeSeries and AnimeGroup records related to the series and re-run the import.
    If the same problem occurs then, make sure to post the MyAnime2.log here. We have to know what happens on the first failure, after that there's not much to see in the log when running an import.

You can also PM me your database, and I'll try to fix it manually by removing all offending records. Maybe it would also help solving this mystery if I can see one of those 'corrupted' databases...

Lauregos

Portal Member
    September 5, 2009
    Doing a complete rehash right now (old database is backed up). So far so good; the main difference from before is that I was able to log in to AniDB at the first try. The previous times, all episodes were hashed before I could connect to AniDB - that may or may not have caused some problem...

I'll check the results tomorrow when it's done, and report back!

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    2. 9 times out of ten, I get Other: Loginfailed, when the plugin is logging in to AniDB. I've checked the log, and I'm getting the "598: Unknown command"-error. Does anyone know why this occurs? Sometimes it just works, but mostly it doesn't.

Cheers

I have pretty much fixed this problem in 2.0.14.

Basically it looks like AniDB has become more stringent on logging in and out.

It usually occurs if you fail to logout properly from AniDB properly and then try to login again.
    When you close MediaPortal in 2.0.13 and earlier it doesn't actually log out.
    So with 2.0.14 it logs out, and you can log in again when you restart MP.

For 2.0.15 I will look at restoring the web service so there is not such a heavy reliance on AniDB.

For now I still recommend you turn off all the option downloads when doing a large import. This includes TvDB stuff which for some reason seems to affect things.

Regarding having the import available from the config....
    Yes this would be very nice :)

However when I originally wrote the code I kind of painted myself into a corner which is makes it very hard to use from the Config screen. But I will look at this soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom