My Anime 2 (1 Viewer)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
NOTE - MyAnime2 is no longer being active supported/maintained.
Please see MyAnime3 instead

This is Version 2 of the "My Anime" plugin,
I decided to start a new thread as Zelgadis is no longer around, and I would like to keep all the project information on the front page.

The original thread is here
My Anime plugin

Home page: JMM

Project page: AnimePlugin2 on Google Code

IRC: irc://irc.rizon.net/MyAnime

Twitter: Twitter

Wiki: Wiki

Supported skins at the moment
  • aMPed
  • Black Glass
  • Blue3
  • Blue3wide
  • Monochrome
  • Mediastream
  • Streamedmp
  • X-Factor
IRC Channel

/server irc.rizon.net
/join #MyAnime

Downloads

Version 2.6.2.4 - For MP 1.2 - Jan 10, 2012 (Download) (Changelog)

Version 2.6.0 - For MP 1.2 - Oct 13, 2011 (Download) (Changelog)

Version 2.5.0 - For MP 1.1 - Mar 31, 2011 (Download) (Changelog)

Version 2.4.0 - Aug 16, 2010 (Download) (Changelog)

Version 2.3.0 - Feb 18, 2010 (Download) (Changelog)

Img_01_ListPoster.jpgImg_02_Episodes1.jpgImg_03_Episodes2.jpgImg_04_Calendar.jpgImg_05_Relations.jpgImg_06_Characters.jpgImg_07_WideBanners.jpgImg_08_Filmstrip.jpg

Last edited:

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

Great news & Thanks a lot on the time and effort invested.

Question:
    Does the db needs to be rebuild or can I use the db from the test versions?

Cheers,

Update:
    Oops - saw just now your comments in the original Anime thread. So question answered

Import suggestion:

It just occured to me that theTVDB is not the only source on info & backdrops;

When it comes to movies, themoviedb.org is also a viable source; like:

Afro Samurai: Resurrection | themoviedb.org (TMDb)
    or
    http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/13981

Maybe it is worthwhile to include this db in the search

Cheers.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Regarding backdrops, banners and miscellaneous art, does it download it automatically?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Iwerndly,
    Import suggestion:

It just occured to me that theTVDB is not the only source on info & backdrops;

When it comes to movies, themoviedb.org is also a viable source; like:
    Maybe it is worthwhile to include this db in the search

Cheers.

Ok I'll take a look at this but it's probably a lower priority, since most info can be obtained from AniDB and TheTvDB.

FdL said:
    Regarding backdrops, banners and miscellaneous art, does it download it automatically?

The poster image from AniDB is always downloaded automatically

FanArt - at the moment this is never downloaded automatically, but will probably be included in next release.
    You can download this when you select the option "Search TvDB" and the "FanArt"

Wide Banners - There is an option to download this automatically. However this only occurs after you use the "Search TvDB" option above. So when you find a match and go into the FanArt screen it starts downloading these in the background.

TvDB Posters - Same as wide banners above.

Character/Actor images - This is also an option in the config screen, although there is no way to view them yet, they are being downloaded.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

My first impression: Definetively an improvement vs. v1.
    To give feedback on first observations:

• The Air Date is set for all eps to 01 Jan 1970
    • Not sure maybe already implemented: Is there a manual correction/addition on not imported eps possible? (As for My TV series where you can unallocated eps incorporate manually ; maybe via fake hash?)
    • having a list in the config of unallocated eps would help very much for completing the import (related to bullet above)
    • As long titels overlap with the watch / new eps field: can the order be switched so they are in front of the title; This would at least eliminate the overlap
    • Already proposed in prior message: Maybe a good addition would be to incorporate themoviedb.org; as done in moving pictures as the movies are not in the theTVDB
    • So far no imports of backdrops or banners observeved: is this done automatically?
    • Duno if this is AnimeDB issue: Titles for Series seems inconsistent: sometimes with english, sometimes with romanji title; eg: "Aa! Megami-sama: Tatakau Tsubasa" (a5426) correct main title, while "Aa! Megami-sama!" (a27) is shown as "Oh My Goddess" one of the alternate titles
    • Question: is there a logfile somewhere?
    • Going on main view level in the config screen: cycling through the options with up down keys. Going below utilities let you leave the option menu. Other screens like eps menu or utilities menu did not show this behaviour while in the options: you cycle back to the first entry
    • As I am establishing my wishlist for christmas: Having a tool to remotely (from a different computer) access & manipulate the db would be quite handy.

I hope this helps in the debug process
    Cheers,

Update: Seems like you posted in parallel; so some are already addressed

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:
    The Air Date is set for all eps to 01 Jan 1970

Woops must have broken this recently, will be fixed for 2.02

yhoogi said:
    - Not sure maybe already implemented: Is there a manual correction/addition on not imported eps possible? (As for My TV series where you can unallocated eps incorporate manually ; maybe via fake hash?)
    - having a list in the config of unallocated eps would help very much for completing the import (related to bullet above)

In the config screen there is a tab called File Manager.
    From here you can create assign files to episodes.
    From the Manager tab you can create and edit groups/series/episodes.

Is this what you meant?

yhoogi said:
    As long titels overlap with the watch / new eps field: can the order be switched so they are in front of the title; This would at least eliminate the overlap

I am planning to try and fix the overlap for 2.02 hopefully.

yhoogi said:
    Duno if this is AnimeDB issue: Titles for Series seems inconsistent: sometimes with english, sometimes with romanji title; eg: "Aa! Megami-sama: Tatakau Tsubasa" (a5426) correct main title, while "Aa! Megami-sama!" (a27) is shown as "Oh My Goddess" one of the alternate titles

Yes this a problem with AniDB data.
    There is an option in the config for Default Renaming Language. If you set this to Romaji, you will get the most consistent results as it is nearly 100% populated. Where as the english titles are hit and miss.

yhoogi said:
    Going on main view level in the config screen: cycling through the options with up down keys. Going below utilities let you leave the option menu. Other screens like eps menu or utilities menu did not show this behaviour while in the options: you cycle back to the first entry

What skin are you using? Will get it fixed for 2.02

yhoogi said:
    As I am establishing my wishlist for christmas: Having a tool to remotely (from a different computer) access & manipulate the db would be quite handy.

Yup definitely something I kept thinking would be handy, but never got around to.
    Adding it to the issues list

yhoogi said:
    I hope this helps in the debug process
    Cheers,

Thanks, keep them coming, no matter how small the issue is.
    Also any good ideas for feature anyone has.

You can see the current list of issues here.
    Issues - animeplugin2 - Google Code

-------- EDIT IMPORTANT -------------

Ok, I have fixed the Air Date problem.
    Have released it now because I considered the bug quite serious.
    I have replaced the download in the original post.

For anyone who imported data using 2.01, you can fix your data (after installing 2.02) by going into the Utilities menu and selecting Cleanup database.
    It will need to fix all of you episode data.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

yhoogi said:
    The Air Date is set for all eps to 01 Jan 1970

Woops must have broken this recently, will be fixed for 2.02

Thanks

yhoogi said:
    - Not sure maybe already implemented: Is there a manual correction/addition on not imported eps possible? (As for My TV series where you can unallocated eps incorporate manually ; maybe via fake hash?)
    - having a list in the config of unallocated eps would help very much for completing the import (related to bullet above)

In the config screen there is a tab called File Manager.
    From here you can create assign files to episodes.
    From the Manager tab you can create and edit groups/series/episodes.

Is this what you meant?

Discovered that the manually assigned files are disappearing from the list but during import they are still shown and I presume processed.
    I allocated them via the ep name for the series

Btw. I could not really grasp the difference and workflow for the three tabs (groups/series/episodes) in the config menu.

I am planning to try and fix the overlap for 2.02 hopefully.

Thanks

Yes this a problem with AniDB data.
    There is an option in the config for Default Renaming Language. If you set this to Romaji, you will get the most consistent results as it is nearly 100% populated. Where as the english titles are hit and miss.

Behaviour was observed with Series Name set to Romanji (as it is the default setting). Seems like something is not behaving as planned

What skin are you using? Will get it fixed for 2.02

Streamedmp

yhoogi said:
    As I am establishing my wishlist for christmas: Having a tool to remotely (from a different computer) access & manipulate the db would be quite handy.

Yup definitely something I kept thinking would be handy, but never got around to.
    Adding it to the issues list

Thanks

Keep up the good work

Cheers,

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yhoogi said:
    Discovered that the manually assigned files are disappearing from the list but during import they are still shown and I presume processed.
    I allocated them via the ep name for the series

Btw. I could not really grasp the difference and workflow for the three tabs (groups/series/episodes) in the config menu.

Yeah it is not the clearest at the moment. I'll put up a tutorial on the wiki later to explain it a bit.
    Can I just confirm you are trying to get the files from File Manager to appear within the plugin?

The process is to first create an Episode, and then go to the File Manager and select an episode that the file belongs to.
    You need to make sure you press the "Save" button after selecting an episode.
    It will disappear from the file list after that.

To create an episode you need to go to the Manager tab
    1. Select a group
    2. Click the series tab
    3. Select a series
    4. Click the Episodes tab to see current episode
    5. Click the New Episode button to create for the current series

yhoogi said:
    Behaviour was observed with Series Name set to Romanji (as it is the default setting). Seems like something is not behaving as planned

Doh, looks like it is using the episode renaming language for the series as well (which defaults to English)
    I have fixed it and will release with 2.03

I'll add a Utility so you can rename groups/series from the Raw AniDB information

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

Thanks. I will check this later today.

Your assumption was right: I did it via File Manger:
    • Manually select file
    • Hitting the browser symbol beside from Episode ID
    • Navigate in the Episode Window to series / episode
    • Save
    • Save

The ep is disappearing from the list but, as I mentioned earlier, in the Utilities Window for the plugin the file is still looked for
    Btw: I propose to implement a horizontal scroll bar in the File Manager window. I have some files which have quit long paths/filenames. Extending the horizontal window size won't help here anymore.

Maybe having a log logfile with info on the import would help in the debug.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Raytestrak said:
    Is this possible in this version already? I now have 30 rows/6 pages of banners, because everything is ungrouped. 3x Rozen Maiden, 5x Tsubasa Chronicle etc ... I haven't grouped anything yet, but I thought I'd ask before I start messing everything up (I'll make a copy of the db before I start :D)

Do you want us to use the google issue tracker for bug reporting and feature requests?

Yup you should go ahead and move those series into one group where appropriate.
    You can switch season on both a group or series.
    For a group it will only be used to get the season posters.
    For a series it will be used for posters as well as using for episodes where applicable.

You can use the google tracker or you can just post something in the new thread.
    Also make sure you get version 2.02

Okay, the grouping works fine, but I still don't get how to map a series into season view. For instance: I have a group for Zero no Tsukaima, in it are: Familiar of Zero, Zero no Tsukaima - Futatsuki no Kishi and Zero no Tsukaima - Princess no Rondo. When I go to tvdb options and use the switch season, it stays labeled as Season 1?

Also, I screwed something up and would like to know how to fix it. Preferably without dumping my database. A few of my episode weren't recognized, and I manually assigned it ... to the wrong episode :( I have Full Metal Panic listed as Season 1, 2 and 3 (tvdb.com style) and mapped s02e01 to Full Metal Panic the Second Raid - Episode 1, later realizing that Fumoffu is "Season 2".

About the mediastream skin: the overlay issues when grouping still exist with your skin when grouping, but the only thing that seems to have changed is the sidebar. Mine still has the run import and import from dvd in it, in yours has those in the utilties sidebar. (If you get my drift). I think I saw some other layout issues as well. I'll try and fix it today/tonight.

Feature request: is it possible to create a banner/poster selection screen like the fanart screen? I'll post in the google tracker as well later on.

Thanks again, it's looking absolutely fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom