My Anime 2 (1 Viewer)

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
atlon, Clownboat - when you say it recognizes the files what do you mean?
Do those files appear in the "File Manager" tab in the options screen?

No. The files don't appear in the File Manager, or in the "Unrecognized" list in the importer within MP. I watch the importer as it hashes the files and then matches them against AniDB. But for some reason, a group is not created for the files and they seem "invisible" to the plugin from then on.

To test it out again, I just imported a folder containing a bunch of series in subfolders. In the end, a few files were unrecognized and showed up as such, but only 2 series out of several dozen appear in My Anime and in the Manager tab of the config. When running the importer again, the "missing" series are ignored; the files do not get hashed or added.

Which series show up and which become "invisible" seems somewhat random, as I have gotten different results from importing the same set of files.

Can you attach your MyAnime2.log file if possible?

I had the same thing happening once, when my database was in an incorrect format (After using a beta version the version numbers was updated, but not all new fields where added). In that case an AnimeEpisode record was created (so the files weren't listed in the file manager tab) but there was no AnimeSeries or AnimeGroup record (so the series don't show up in the plugin).

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Ammm so there is a solution for this :p?

I didnt get that :p

Well ... I don't know. My problem was caused by running an svn version (on a test system), and I fixed it by deleting my database and rehashing all files (all 10 of them).
I made that comment to shed a light on the cause of your problem (files are hashed, but invisible everywhere) ... I expect something went wrong when adding the series to the database, I just don't know what that could be. Could you post your MyAnime2.log file here (after running a 'run import')? Maybe that log can show us what went wrong.

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
I can't seem to get Gantz to be recognized. The file Gantz_01.divx through Gantz_26.divx hash but aren't recognized. I'm trying to manually add them, but I get the error "Error saving episode: Object reference not set to an object".

Any ideas?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Same problem with loging on to anidb.net - AccessDenied

"OTHER:LoginFailed"

Some others seem have this problem too ... did anyone find a solution for this?

Probably it's Windows7's fault - but this I don't beleive ... The account is working and it's trying to access the site (if not the error would take up to 10 Minutes to appear ... but it is displayed immediatly)

Is there a way of putting the complete string for conneting in one file (like http://user:password@api.anidb.net:9000) instead of putting it in the config?

THX in Advance

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can't seem to get Gantz to be recognized. The file Gantz_01.divx through Gantz_26.divx hash but aren't recognized. I'm trying to manually add them, but I get the error "Error saving episode: Object reference not set to an object".

Any ideas?

Were these files encoded by yourself?
    DIVX files are not usually used by most of the subbing groups and probably won't appear on AniDB.

What can can do is as follows.

1. Add a new group via the Manager in the Config screen, make sure to set the AniDB ID to 2400 (Gantz)
    2. Add a series to that group with the same AniDB ID.
    3. Make sure you have the setting "Auto Download - Episode Info - Subbed Episodes" on the Main tab on the config screen
    4. Go into MediaPortal and do a "Run Import"
    5. Go into the Gantz series and you should start to see some episodes appearing there after a while
    6. Once finished, go back into the Config screen, and you can assign your files to the episode records

Could you also post your log file so we can handle the error you mentioned properly

atlon

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009
    Ammm so there is a solution for this :p?

I didnt get that :p

Well ... I don't know. My problem was caused by running an svn version (on a test system), and I fixed it by deleting my database and rehashing all files (all 10 of them).
    I made that comment to shed a light on the cause of your problem (files are hashed, but invisible everywhere) ... I expect something went wrong when adding the series to the database, I just don't know what that could be. Could you post your MyAnime2.log file here (after running a 'run import')? Maybe that log can show us what went wrong.

I will atach the log file.
    :D

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008

Any ideas?

Were these files encoded by yourself?
    DIVX files are not usually used by most of the subbing groups and probably won't appear on AniDB.

What can can do is as follows.

1. Add a new group via the Manager in the Config screen, make sure to set the AniDB ID to 2400 (Gantz)
    2. Add a series to that group with the same AniDB ID.
    3. Make sure you have the setting "Auto Download - Episode Info - Subbed Episodes" on the Main tab on the config screen
    4. Go into MediaPortal and do a "Run Import"
    5. Go into the Gantz series and you should start to see some episodes appearing there after a while
    6. Once finished, go back into the Config screen, and you can assign your files to the episode records

Could you also post your log file so we can handle the error you mentioned properly

Yeah, I'll try to get the log up later. I'd done the above, I think. It still wouldn't pick up the files, they'd show under the unrecognized files section. That's why I was trying to add the episodes manually after i'd added the series and group.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Iwerndly,

I had recently a severe user caused error of my WHS (means I screwed up) and have to rebuild the database.

I observed that while hashing the files, it suddenly stops to retrieve data from AnimeDB (after ~600 files) as well as from all subsequent servers (TVDB & MiveDB) . It is still hashing but all these files are shown in the unrecognised list, then.
    To overcome this blocking I have to restart the import

Could it be that the plugin stops to retrieve data in case an error message/denial is thrown out by the AnimeDB server?

Btw: To cleanup the list in "Groups without TVDB association" may I propose to extend this also to the MovieDB files?

Cheers & Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom