My Anime 2 (3 Viewers)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    We recently added a, what MediaPortal calls, "hover picture".
    Umm, where is the new hover???? I searched all the zip files on downloads and could not find it (only found the old ugly Blue3 one)! I'd like to use it!

EDIT: No zip for 2.1.1.7?

jiger104

January 17, 2009
    Is it possible to have a resume from feature for playback?

Sometimes I stop watching a show in the middle and I want to resume from when I left off but the player will just start from the beginning

SoundWave

Portal Member
    February 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal

Sometimes I stop watching a show in the middle and I want to resume from when I left off but the player will just start from the beginning

I'm using My Anime for some time now and it always resumed the file. If i stop the playback, next time i play the file it asks if i want to resume. I don't think its a feature of the plugin but a feature of Mediaportal itself.
    Are you using the internal video player or external?
    Btw, i'm using the internal video player.

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

I'm using My Anime for some time now and it always resumed the file. If i stop the playback, next time i play the file it asks if i want to resume. I don't think its a feature of the plugin but a feature of Mediaportal itself.
    Are you using the internal video player or external?
    Btw, i'm using the internal video player.

Indeed, resuming has been supported since the beginning. And it's not a standard feature of MediaPortal, it's implemented in the plugin.
    If you're running an external player it's not possible to resume. The only available parameter is the filename, so there's no way to tell the player where it should start.

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Media Player classic (my fav video player when not using mp) can be given a start time so theres no problem there.
    VLC also can be given a start time also but i havnt tried it.

I know WMP cant be given a start time.

So there are players out there that support this.
    The main question is, will people really use external players?

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    I personally don't use external players, even though I'm a huge fan of MPC-HC. I used to use MPC-HC as an external player for the DXVA filter, but I stopped found out that it's possible to just register the standalone filter, which can then be used by MediaPortal. The only advantage I can think of is that MediaPortal's internal player still doesn't use Haali's audio/subtitle language priority, so sometimes my dual audio anime plays the English audio.

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The language priority is built into the plugin now and MP itself can be given language priorities aswell.

When i first started using MP i used MPC as the external player. As much as i wanted to use it for everything I couldnt justify using it with MP. I still cant think of a reason. I quickly moved to the internal player and i havn't had a problem with it yet.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    No more Webchache?

was just trying to add epsiodes not recognised /Nyan Koi/ but the webcache is gone (in your latest version)? - Was a good feature - so how to ad epsiodes now - back to putting all infos in by hand?

Ah - Yes - also the switchview option "Year" is gone?

Regards

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    I'm not sure if this is the normal way this plugin works, but lately I get this sequence of events.

There's new episodes for my series. I Run Import and it hashes them. They usually appear in the right hand list of not recognized files. I usually have to manually tell the program to try to recognize them as episodes again (not rehashing). It does, but (here is my main concern) it doesn't show them in the series episode list until I exit MP and reenter.

Is this normal? Does this happen because Anime 2 updates its databases on startup, and not on the fly while the program is running?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom