My Anime 3 (3 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ShokoServer 3.8 was released today but recommend not upgrading to it as MA3 isn't ready and would be stuck with non-working setup, waiting for lead developer to push changes where after we can continue with testing and see where we're at release wise.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ShokoServer 3.8 was released today but recommend not upgrading to it as MA3 isn't ready and would be stuck with non-working setup, waiting for lead developer to push changes where after we can continue with testing and see where we're at release wise.
    Hi.
    Is there already a tentative planning when the updated MA3 would become avalable?

Cheers,

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Yhoogi,

No planned date yet :( , will let you know when there's active development again.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks fo the info, although reading "..active development again.." makes me a little bit concerned

Cheers,

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to disable the update message window from the server?
    Getting it after each startup while I can't update doesn't help very much.

Thanks,

Last edited:

justfun

Portal Member
    November 18, 2010
    Is it possible to disable the update message window from the server?
    Getting it after each startup while I can't update doesn't help very much.

At least you did not update like me without reading about the new release and the missing My Anime 3 support. Now I am stuck with the new database and no option to go back while I am unable to use Shoko Anime with MediaPortal.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you try to check if Shoko Server made an sql backup somewhere before the update?
    Should be in "..\ProgramData\ShokoServer\DatabaseBackup"
    You could import it to SQL Server as any backup prior to the update is with the old structure.

Cheers

PS: I strongly recommend to learn prior how to export the actual DB and re-import it (e.g. import db to a different machine)

Last edited:

justfun

Portal Member
    November 18, 2010
    Thanks for the help! Unfortunately MySQL seems to be unable to import the JMMServer backup SQL file and I get a strange error about a lost connection. With a test backup export I made for myself there are no problems and the import runs fine.

Seems I just have to wait for the new My Anime 3 version after all.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the help! Unfortunately MySQL seems to be unable to import the JMMServer backup SQL file and I get a strange error about a lost connection. With a test backup export I made for myself there are no problems and the import runs fine.

Seems I just have to wait for the new My Anime 3 version after all.

something like this?
    MySQL Server has gone away when importing large sql file

could be a timeout or packet limit problem

Cheers,

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey Everyone,

We just pushed our changes to the MA3 repo on GitHub that allows MA3 to work with Shoko Version 3.8!

Its not quite ready for release yet as we need to do quite a bit of testing so we're looking for MA3 users to help test so we can get a release out. I'll be posting a beta version very shortly so check back in a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom