My Anime 3 (2 Viewers)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Btw:
    With the 3.7 Server I observed in the last ~2 weeks login failures to AniDB.
    Trying afterwards to verify manually the login credentials were successfully performed, though.
    Can somebody confim this behaviour (otherwise this is maybe a local issue with my system)

Cheers & Thanks,

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    seems not similar to the described behaviour in Git
    e.g. credentials were correctly entered ages ago (never changed them in the last year as well never touched them for the re-check; just hit the button).

The login is working in 99% of time. Error message comes randomly but I can't recall to had this before 2..3 weeks ago.

Next ocurrance I will issue it in Git with log files (didn't happened so far - Murphy)

Cheers,

justfun

Portal Member
    November 18, 2010
    I occasionally get the same error since one update a few months ago. The error message seems to pop up about once in ten or twenty logins, even with 3.8.

@yhoogi
    Thanks for the reply about MySQL, but unfortunately it was another error message where none of the solutions I found online did the trick. I'll just wait for the 3.8 beta.

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Without logs its impossible to say what happened.

Next time you notice it, post your logs on Discord so we can take a look.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will make some time this week for MA3 testing but believe Max has fixed the critical bugs so all that is left is to test the core features and skin files :)

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    Sure, if you know how to code. :)

Max is away on vacation so you'll have to wait until he gets back to figure out the problem so we can push an update to Server allowing MA3 to work.

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    Wanted to provide an update for MA3 users.

Thanks to the work and testing done by @Rick164 and Maxpiva, MA3 is compatible and working with Shoko Server 3.8. However we're unable to release a stable version of MA3 at this time to do a rather annoying bug with fanarts not displaying at all or correctly. Max has been looking into the issue but it seems its deeply ingrained and may require additional changes on Shoko Server as well.

I suggest following this issue (This is all that's left for 3.8 · Issue #66 · ShokoAnime/MyAnime3 · GitHub) on GitHub to track the progress.

I also wanted to address two questions I received on Discord here for everyone to read.

Beta

Normally I would never release a beta with a feature breaking bug but with how long this has taken to resolve I'm willing to do it if the MA3 community would like it. At the very least this would make MA3 work with Shoko again.

Active Developer

The closet thing we have to an active developer for MA3 is @Rick164 and he's a pretty busy guy with his own projects. The only other person on the team who knows anything about MA3 is Maxpiva but his time constraints have him focused on other areas where we need him. The rest of the team does not use Media Portal and so it makes it hard for them to fix issues like the current one, if it was an easy fix, Da3dsoul or Cazzar would probably have fixed it by now.

With that said, any devs who use MA3 are more then welcome to help with MA3, just jump on Discord and we'll be happy to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom