My Anime 3 | Page 109

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by lwerndly, April 20, 2012.

1. Otaku

Otaku New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    South Africa South Africa
    Thank you. Busy importing my Anime now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. yhoogi
    • Premium Supporter

yhoogi MP Donator

Ratings:
    +46 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs

I am puzzled. What is the reasoning to revert back to SQLite, as it is not able to handle large DBs as good as MySQL & MS SQL?

4. ElementalCrisis

ElementalCrisis Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    @yhoogi

This is from the new Shoko Docs I've been working on, I can go into more detail if you'd like but this should answer your question.

"Previously, Shoko did support both MySQL and SQL Server as possible database options due to multiple issues such as database access times and overall speed that were present when using an SQLite database with a large collection. Starting with Version 3.6, we've been steadily making improvements to address these issues that the benefits once provided by MySQL and SQL Server are now negligible. To that end and to reduce unrelated issues that could arise when using MySQL or SQL Server, support for MySQL and SQL Server as a database option has been deprecated and the option to select either of them has been removed."

5. yhoogi
    • Premium Supporter

yhoogi MP Donator

Ratings:
    +46 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    ok - so you consider that access time with SQLite should be on par to the other DBs for large datasets
    with the upcoming programme code

Thanks for the info

6. ElementalCrisis

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    With Version 3.6, which was released almost two years ago, Max added internal caching which greatly improved speeds which made using SQLite a viable option for large collections. Since then we've made additional changes to the internal caching system with the sole purpose of eventually deprecating MySQL and SQL Server as it becomes more of a hassle to provide support for three different types of DB's.

Initial loading when starting Shoko Server is not as fast as say MySQL or SQL Server but even then its at max an extra 10 seconds or so. Of course if Shoko needs to do any regen work then that will also delay the initial startup but that's true with all three DB types. However even this should be improved with the changes currently being made as part of the .NET Standard conversion as we're dropping nHibernate and using EF instead.

MA3 users probably won't see any drastic changes until we switch it over to the new API we're working on. If you want an idea on what to expect, compare MA3 against Nakamori, our Kodi plugin as that uses APIv2 which is the base for the new API we're working on. However it should be noted that da3dsoul has fine-tuned Nakamori which is something MA3 currently lacks.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. pur_berger
    • Super User

pur_berger Super User

Ratings:
    +264 / 1
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    OK - here you go - 12:05 had the issue again with no list after anime finished playing. Hopefully it helps :)

Attached Files:

8. ElementalCrisis

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    Interesting.

I would create an issue on Git so we can track it as I'm really the only person who checks this forum.

9. CryptoChart

CryptoChart New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!