My Anime 3 (5 Viewers)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, I did not know that. :)

I would still use SQLite though, MySQL and SQL Server are deprecated and are no longer available options for new users starting with the next version. Current MySQL and SQL Server users will of course still be able to use it.

I am puzzled. What is the reasoning to revert back to SQLite, as it is not able to handle large DBs as good as MySQL & MS SQL?

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @yhoogi

This is from the new Shoko Docs I've been working on, I can go into more detail if you'd like but this should answer your question.

"Previously, Shoko did support both MySQL and SQL Server as possible database options due to multiple issues such as database access times and overall speed that were present when using an SQLite database with a large collection. Starting with Version 3.6, we've been steadily making improvements to address these issues that the benefits once provided by MySQL and SQL Server are now negligible. To that end and to reduce unrelated issues that could arise when using MySQL or SQL Server, support for MySQL and SQL Server as a database option has been deprecated and the option to select either of them has been removed."

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok - so you consider that access time with SQLite should be on par to the other DBs for large datasets
    with the upcoming programme code

Thanks for the info

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    With Version 3.6, which was released almost two years ago, Max added internal caching which greatly improved speeds which made using SQLite a viable option for large collections. Since then we've made additional changes to the internal caching system with the sole purpose of eventually deprecating MySQL and SQL Server as it becomes more of a hassle to provide support for three different types of DB's.

Initial loading when starting Shoko Server is not as fast as say MySQL or SQL Server but even then its at max an extra 10 seconds or so. Of course if Shoko needs to do any regen work then that will also delay the initial startup but that's true with all three DB types. However even this should be improved with the changes currently being made as part of the .NET Standard conversion as we're dropping nHibernate and using EF instead.

MA3 users probably won't see any drastic changes until we switch it over to the new API we're working on. If you want an idea on what to expect, compare MA3 against Nakamori, our Kodi plugin as that uses APIv2 which is the base for the new API we're working on. However it should be noted that da3dsoul has fine-tuned Nakamori which is something MA3 currently lacks.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    OK - here you go - 12:05 had the issue again with no list after anime finished playing. Hopefully it helps :)

Attachments

• MediaPortal-Error.zip
      353.1 KB

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    I added some basic documentation for My Anime 3 to Shoko Docs.

Since I don't use MA3, I'm sure there are some things I missed or got wrong, feel free to either submit a PR with your changes or let me know here so I can update it.

@pur_berger & @yhoogi :)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ElementalCrisis
    thanks for the effort. nothing specific besides of that I didn't understand the streaming topic and that there is a local mapping in MA3.
    The local mapping should not exist as files in folders not listed in the server DB would not be listed to my understanding (no entries in DB).
    Streaming is also unclear = how shall this be handled?

One other thing is that language preferences never worked for me. Either I am the only one who tried it out or I have an individual problem

Cheers & Thanks gain for the effort

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom