My Anime 3 (1 Viewer)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Maybe you could add a small donate button on the blog or programs so people could support your projects?

Considering the quality and amount of effort that was put into this I'm pretty sure some will donate (I would at least), the Paypal donate button is easy to set up as well:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_donate-intro-outside

Couple of reasons I haven't and probably won't
1) JMM/MA rely on the much larger works of things like MP, AniDB, TvDB, Trakt, MAL, mp-tvseries code etc etc
Most of these sources have much higher ongoing costs than myself (only the web cache) and so donations would be better off directed there.
2) I'm not the only developer to have worked on this project.

But thanks a lot for your support :)
Hello, thanks for your fast answer
I've seen that you have changed fixed the AniDBHTTPHelper.cs file in google code, but don't forget to fix it everywhere you use decimal.TryParse ;)
(As the problem exists for personal ratings too, which doesn't seem to be coded in AniDBHTTPHelper.cs)
Just a little search here:
http://code.google.com/p/jmm/source/search?q=decimal.TryParse&origq=decimal.TryParse&btnG=Search Trunk

Yup I have already made the changes just not checked in.
Update - Have got the ffdshow stuff working in MA2 and soon MA3.
For some reason my profiles are going to a different registry key than yours (ffdshow rather than ffdshow_raw), so the release version of MA2 doesn't actually work for me.
Any idea on this?

KwizatZ

Portal Member
August 14, 2010
Home Country
France France
For some reason my profiles are going to a different registry key than yours (ffdshow rather than ffdshow_raw), so the release version of MA2 doesn't actually work for me.
Any idea on this?

It seems that you have put your preset in ffdshow config settings. You have to set tour presets in ffdshow raw settings:
to access to these settings you can go on MediaPortal post-processing and click configure in ffdshow_raw as I described in my previous post;

or you can check your actual shortcut to ffdshow decoder settings which should look like this:
Code:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAF\FFDshow\ffdshow.ax",configure
and replace it by
Code:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAF\FFDshow\ffdshow.ax",configureRaw
to access to ffdshow raw settings where you have to put your presets

zoom

Portal Member
March 9, 2011
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
I have had a similar issue before during early stages of testing and usually it was related to security and the manifests.
Are you running JMM Desktop in administrator mode on the PC that crashes.
Is there any other difference in how you have set up your HTPC
Yes, I am an Administrator on the PC where JMM Desktop crashes. I tried to run it also with the elevated rights (right-click > Run as administrator), but this didn't help.
There is no difference how I installed JMM Desktop as it is pretty straightforward. I just ran the installer and installed it to the default path. Both computers run Windows 7 Ultimate English x64 with SP1 and both have Windows Update turned on. Aside from obvious hardware differences and the fact that I use one computer actively, I don't know what else to mention. Perhaps some library errors in Windows Side-by-Side? This folder will be definitely different on my main computer due to more installed software.
If nothing comes to mind, I will just use my HTPC to access and edit the collection and possibly some future version might fix this (or something on my computer happens that will make it run).

darkside40

Portal Pro
August 17, 2009
Ruhrgebiet
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,
just started testing JMM on my Desktop and cant get it running really good.

What i have done: Downloaded the latest Alpha from Google Code, then updated to 3.1.3 via the Auto Update function. On my small Debian Server i created a MYSQL database for JMM. Then the server test the connection, all good. Then i have hashed my collection. The database gets filled.
I opened JMM desktopn, surprise nothing to see from my collection. So i thought, maybe i have to restart the JMMserver.

After the restart it was not able to connect to the already filled database anymore. Establish connection to a new one is no problem.
What i see in the log is that JMMServer seems to try to create a new database althought that one mentioned is already populated.

Maybe someone could help me find the failure when looking at the attached log.

The used MySQL Server has the Version 5.1.61.

Also after the initial import my Log File had a size of 20MB, maybe a little much.

Attachments

• 2012-05-09.txt
    59.5 KB
Last edited:

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
It seems that you have put your preset in ffdshow config settings. You have to set tour presets in ffdshow raw settings:
to access to these settings you can go on MediaPortal post-processing and click configure in ffdshow_raw as I described in my previous post;

or you can check your actual shortcut to ffdshow decoder settings which should look like this:
to access to ffdshow raw settings where you have to put your presets

I don't actually use SAF.
I am just running the config from MP as your screen shots suggest.
If I change the code to use the ffdshow registry key instead everything works.
I've attached screen shots for you to double check.

Snap1.jpgSnap2.jpg

Yes, I am an Administrator on the PC where JMM Desktop crashes. I tried to run it also with the elevated rights (right-click > Run as administrator), but this didn't help.

I will add some more logging in the places where you are crashing to see if I can get an idea of what is happening.
Can I confirm that everything on the Dashboard is working for you?

Maybe someone could help me find the failure when looking at the attached log.

The used MySQL Server has the Version 5.1.61.

Also after the initial import my Log File had a size of 20MB, maybe a little much.

Yeah I can see what the error is, but not sure why it is happening.
I am running version 5.5 of MySQL for my testing.
I'll see if it is possible to install 5.1, and try and reproduce the problem

KwizatZ

Portal Member
August 14, 2010
Home Country
France France
Even if you don't use SAF you should have a shortcut to access to your FFDShow video decoder settings: take this shortcut and replace "configure" by "configureRaw" in its properties. Or you can search for "ffdshow.ax" in your computer and make your own shortcut.

Can you link me a screen of your registry in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\GNU\\" like in this screen ?
ffdshowREG.jpg

KwizatZ

Portal Member
August 14, 2010
Home Country
France France
If you don't want to install a heavy codec pack like SAF I suggest you to install the latest ffdshow release from here:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ffdshow

(as you actually don't have dxva or raw in your settings)

Otherwise, I have a question about the fanart images download: is the Maximum Fanarts in settings actually working ? I've set it to 3 but it seems to download every images found in TVDB.
For example it has downloaded 63 fanart images for Dragon Ball Z:
DragonBall.jpg
63 is exactly the number of all the fanarts in TVDB for Dragon Ball Z:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=81472

After a deeper check I can see it has downloaded every images from TVDB: 63 fanart, 12 posters, 8 banners
If I search all the images only for Dragon Ball Z, it's 168 images and more than 30 Mb:
DragonBall all img.jpg
(it doesn't include ep thumbs and trackt images)

For the moment I've just imported a very small part of my collection: 90 series and the images folder is already taken more than 500Mb. I'm a bit afraid to import all my 1300 series (n)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom