My Anime 3 (3 Viewers)

zoom

Portal Member
March 9, 2011
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Hello, I have a little problem installing MyAnime3 plugin from scratch. I decided my MediaPortal folder was a bit bloated with all the experiments over the past few monts, so I backed up my database files from MediaPortal, then uninstalled it completely and manually deleted all the leftover folders.

Then I just installed MediaPortal 1.5.0 from scratch with several basic plugins and skins (Titan, StreamedMP, Moving Pictures, MP-TVSeries, etc). I installed most plugins via the MP Extension Installer. I also wanted to install MyAnime3, but can't get it to work. The installation procedure is very quick and does not list any files being copied, like so:
MyA3_install.png
I verified the plugin *.dll files and skin files were not copied to their proper location and thus MyAnime3 is unavailable in MediaPortal.

I tried to search for a solution, but did not find anything. Have anyone seen an issue like this? Other plugins installed just fine, it is only this one that refuses to install properly.

MediaPortal used: 1.5.0
MyAnime3 installer used: MyAnime3.1.32_MP14_PreRelease.mpe1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I tried to search for a solution, but did not find anything. Have anyone seen an issue like this? Other plugins installed just fine, it is only this one that refuses to install properly.

I've always had a similar problem. I first installed this plugin with the mpe1 file and that worked, but updating through the automatic installer doesn't work and I get that same problem. I have to manually update by downloading the files from the repository and putting them in the right places.

Lufo

Portal Member
    July 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I might be way out there regarding this, not getting how this is supposed to work.
    But in the actuall GUI inside MP, is this supposed to be able to show the anime as for instance MP TV-series or MovingPictures does?

/L

Bonhomme

January 3, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hello!

First of all. Great job on that wonderful plugin. Looks wonderful for now! But unfortunately for some skins such as StreamedMP. I do not know how exactly MediaPortal works, but when using that skin, everything seems downed to 720 instead of 1080. Here's a screen shoot of what I get.

b971d1c22cb6b97901859b626c501a50.png

Well, to make it short, in the StreamedMP's XMLs, the resolution seems to be for a 720 resolution. I do not know how those are generated, but if it could be fixed for a 1080 display it could be great!

Anyway, I am a programmer myself. This is why I pin pointed the problem kind of easily. I am almost tempted to participated to the project if you need some manpower :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since 1.4 I've had the same bugs as the ones recently posted:

- After 1 or 2 playbacks it will "lock" mediaportal, how to reproduce:

Start random anime episode
    Press stop
    Try to click any plugin (MP-tvseries for instance) and it will do nothing
    Only resolution is to restart mediaportal

Using latest LAV filters and no other codecs or packs installed.

- Resolution for skin files is 720p, can be fixed by replacing them like posted before however some icons will be miss-aligned (top left buttons in main view is one of them)

- Pressing back button will bring up search function of myanime, no easy way to browse back because you have to wait for the search do close to actually browse back (bit annoying).
    Might be better to use a search system like Moving Pictures has, basically a side menu with popup dialog and options.

Is there any client update planned in the near future that brings MP 1.5/1.6 support?
    Love the whole JMM suite and would be great if we can get it to work again with the latest MePo releases.

Last edited:

Sayajin

Portal Member
    October 6, 2012
    Home Country
    So I upgraded to MP 6.1 Final about a week ago. Things installed smoothly and I had zero problems watching my anime in MA3. However about 2 days ago, Media Portal became completely unusable out of the blue. Every time I open a file in MA3, MP crashes, 100% of the time. Sometimes it will crash before the file opens and other times it will crash a few seconds in. However it ALWAYS crashes.

I have not installed any new plugins or even installed any new applications on my HTPC since the upgrade. I have attached 2 log files from today of back to back crashes. If anyone can check these log files out and offer some guidance I would REALLY appreciate the help! Thanks.

-Sayajin

Megane

Portal Member
    March 18, 2008
    Bologna
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello guys,
    does anyone know how to add:
    "Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!" and "Nisekoi"?
    I'm looking for, but nothing, and they aren't also in the calendar.

Can anyone help me? ;)

markcar_2000

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2009
    new york
    Home Country
    Hello guys,
    does anyone know how to add:
    "Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!" and "Nisekoi"?
    I'm looking for, but nothing, and they aren't also in the calendar.

Can anyone help me? ;)
    You have to give us more to go on. What have you tryed were did you get the file from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom