My Anime 3 (3 Viewers)

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I tried out the new test version. Things are getting ... weird.

The home button is still not working. The back button does get me to the home screen, however it goes to the wrong home screen. It somehow activated the BasicHome screen when I only use ClassicHome. I have always disabled BasicHome screen in MP Config, yet there it was.

These are the steps I took:
    1. Installed the new plugin.
    2. Went to MA3 Config, unchecked the "Home button navigates back..." button. Double-checked to make sure the change stayed that way.
    3. Started MediaPortal, entered MA3 plugin, browsed through the collection.
    4. Pressed the Home button twice, no result.
    5. Pressed the back button until exited out of MA3. Saw the wrong home screen. Jaw dropped to floor.
    6. Picked jaw up from floor. Pressed the Home button, returned to ClassicHome screen.

Then I wondered what would happen if I checked the "Home button navigates back..." box. I checked it and tried it out. The home button still did not work, but this time the back button brought me back to the correct home screen.

I included logs from both the checked and unchecked trials.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very weird, it's a bit of a hack to get working properly with filtering but it should read the basic home setting out of your settings file which is doesn't seem to do for some reason.
    Did check here with either ticked or un-ticked and got the normal home screen so not sure were the difference is but will check.

Can't see the home button in the logs, is it an MCE remote home button?
    Also what do you have selected here:

basichome.PNG

Last edited:

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    My home screen is set to "only Classic Home".

My remote is a MCE remote. I have been using it without issue since way back in the days of MyAnime 2. I'm definitely pressing the home button, and I can hear the click sound from MediaPortal when I press it.

I tested the new build. It does the same as the previous build except it does not give me the wrong home screen. The home button on the remote still doesn't work but I can exit the plugin with the back button. Once again, I tried with the "Home button navigates back..." option both checked and unchecked. During both trials I hit the home button on my remote about a dozen times.

Take a look in both log files. In the (Checked) trial you can see blank lines around 9:22 PM, and the same in the (Unchecked) log around 9:28 PM. It was during these times that I was pressing the Home button repeatedly.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah so bugs solved now we just need to add an event handler for that specific MCE button, will check Mediaportal documentation but think we can get that sorted :)

// Update

No MCE remote to test here (full harmony setup) and looked over the actions we are processing now but no mention of remote home key there and we are already handling the only home commands it lists atm.
    What we can try with the attached debug build is overlap the time you pressed it with the event code it logs with that one (prefix "Received action:")
    That way can add exception for that in code.

Attachments

• My Anime 3_3.7.0.11_DEBUG.mpe1
      16.7 MB
    • My Anime 3_3.7.0.11_DEBUG.mpe1
      16.7 MB
    Last edited:

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    I tried both new test builds, logs below. Unfortunately, Rick164, I don't think they contain the information you're looking for.

In the log for build 284743, we can see a few "Received action" entries when I navigated through my collection. However there is a gap between 9:58:37 PM and 9:59:34 PM with no entries logged, which happens to be the time I was pressing the home button. The same can be seen in the log for build 284744, with a gap between 10:06:52 PM and 10:08:08 PM.

I can hear the "click" sound MediaPortal makes every time I hit the home button. The MPTray log also confirms the home button is being detected.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah no entry which is gonna make it hard to track down, will see if I can find some code examples like the one from OnlineVideos as it does the same home = back navigation.
    Main problem is combining it with filtering atm as that requires a catch-all actions but had other ideas for that as well just need to test it some more.

Next to this I'm working on a new search function where you can search on things like:

- Tags
    - Name (sort / kanji etc..)
    - Air dates
    - Rating

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Reworked our navigation and fixed some leftover bugs from 3.6, successfully tested the following:

- Top back and home button from StreamedMP and others will always behave like back and home no matter what, this does not conflict with the actual button previous / home actions as they trigger a different action.

- If for some reason actions fail with unknown error it will just let them passthru, not ideal but better then not handling them at all.

- ACTION_HOME event will now navigate back if setting enabled and if not will go to home, for testing emulated the mce home button with this:

test_home.PNG

Attached version still has some extensive logging so best to not run for long periods :)

Attachments

• My Anime 3_3.7.0.12.mpe1
      16.7 MB
    Last edited:

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    Well the home button is still not working and the latest build causes MediaPortal to crash. But now the logs have some info we can maybe work with.

I first tested it with the "Home button navigates back..." box unchecked. Same results as before, the home button doesn't work. But this time something is in the log. The repeated pressing of the home button can be seen between 5:19:57 PM and 5:21:03 PM. After that I hit the back button to exit MA3 and get to the home screen.

Then I tested with the "Home button navigates back..." box checked. I hit the home button between 5:32:24 PM and 5:33:37 PM. Then I tried pressing the back button to exit MA3. Instead of going to the home screen, it froze and crashed. I had to kill MediaPortal.exe in the Task Manager. Take a look in the log file starting at 5:33:55 PM. It's caught in an infinite loop trying to go home, which is why the logfile is over 8MB in size. I restarted MediaPortal and tried it again and got the same result, crashed again.

I am just speculating but could the problem be that it's trying to go to "Basic Home" when I have only Classic Home enabled?

Also, one other thing I noticed. The logs always say 32-bit operating system when I really have 64-bit Windows 7. Does this make any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom