My Anime 3 (1 Viewer)

justfun

Portal Member
November 18, 2010
It's a shame that MA3 won't be updated anymore, but nevertheless it works right now, so thanks to the team for all the troubles with the plugin!

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
September 4, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah we've got an updated planned here shortly with some rating fixes from a user who submitted a PR. Da3dsoul did some major work on TvDB linking so we need to check and make sure none of those changes broke anything within MA3 as well.

No final release though, the goal is to make sure MA3 always works with the latest version.

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Currently testing the latest MA3 to see if it still runs correctly, @yhoogi and @pur_berger what bugs are you running into and with which version of Shoko Server?

Switched to a different setup some time ago (PlexKodiConnect + HAMA addon) so no dedicated Mediaportal setup anymore, still need to get a dev setup up and running again but would be great if I can have some idea beforehand what works and what not :)

Last edited:

justfun

Portal Member
    November 18, 2010
    IIRC there was a bug with the episode descriptions. If I choose to hide descriptions for unwatched episodes, these one were shown and descriptions for watched episodes were hidden. I am using StreamedMP, but this also happened with various other skins. Unfortunately I am not at my setup right now and cannot have a look at it.

One feature from Shoko Desktop I like is that you are shown the date you last watched an episode of a series. It is only a small detail, but I would like this to be integrated into My Anime.

Apart from the one small bug everything's great. I tried Kodi and its Shoko plugin, but still like Mediaportal and My Anime better.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Appart from the plugin running stable it's sometimes slow in response - like when switching to continue watching. And lately it has a lag when displaying the fanart / pictures when scrolling. And one small glitch - when you stop a video you have a chance that the episodelist is empty when switching back.

And - most important and as always - I'm still hoping you develope some interest in migrating MyAnime to MP2 ;)

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    How big is your collection? In regards to those issues, anything in any of the logs (MP, MA3 & Shoko) as I haven't been able to reproduce it,

Sadly I don't think you'll see a MP2 plugin from us, no one on the team uses MediaPortal anymore. But if someone else wanted to do it, we'd be more than happy to help when possible.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    847 Groups. Unfortunatly (of fortunatly) it's not happening very often so I woudl need to wait for it to happen again. As said - for me the plugin is running stable.

About MP - yes - you told me that numerous times - well ShokoDesktop is a nice thing - but in terms of comfort and design I still think the MP Plugin is far ahead (ok - I'm using my own skinmod - avallanche dirty paper - so it also might be a little single sided opinion). It does everything you need for watching your anime :).

I'm afarid nobody of teh MP2 wan't to touch it - as they are fully occupied in bringing MP2 forward - but everyone is also willing to help - so maybe if two willingly people come together ...

ElementalCrisis

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2016
    Home Country
    Well Desktop is more for the management aspect, you can watch your collection with it but at the moment its not the best, it will get better with Desktop 2 but that's down the road.

I would like nothing more then to see a MP2 version of MA3. However, excluding the fact that our main devs have never used MP, we have such a huge to-do list at the moment that the only way I can see it happening is if someone else starts it. That's pretty much how Linux support came to be, it's something that had always been planned but never worked on until Cazzar did a majority of the work and made it happen.

Be the change you want to see @pur_berger and start it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom