pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So I guess - next thing will be switching to Kodi ... no benefit anymore for me in using MP when main use is broken :(

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In GitHub issues have been established

So there is still hope.

Btw: What else shall be used in Kodi?!

Cheers,

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Kodi has an activly developed plugin from Shokoserver. As I'm not using the whole TV Part anymore there is except of teh flexibility no advantage from MP anymore. And Kody needs less resources (for around 100,-- you get a UHD capable Device ...)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well

When i tried, i didn't got Nakamori to work. Also it is not clear in how far it supports the recent (and future) versions
    Looks like similar to MyAnime3 with limited supports by developers - but i might err

Cross platform is nice, but here question is how far other code bases are supported by Nakamori

(...now off topic)
    I use MP also for Movies, BluRay and TV-Recording.
    Kodi lacks in the TV section

Sadly, nobody is interested to pick up MyAnime3 or developing an interface for MP1 plugins or better MP2

Thanks,

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I don't know but I think there is also a connector from Kodi to the tv server only part.

I doubt there is anything kodi can't do - the biggest issue with MP ist the plugin support. I was hoping for MP2 which is realy fast and stable - but again no support for a myAnime Plugin and therfore no alternative - and now MP1 is also down for that.

Nobody to blame - but as it is now ... it's a little like riding a dead horse ;)

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    was hoping for MP2 which is realy fast and stable - but again no support for a myAnime Plugin and therfore no alternative - and now MP1 is also down for that.
    Same here :/
    The MyAnime plugin was the only thing in my case that hold me back from switching completely to my Nvidia Shield with Plex.
    I have all my Anime in Plex now with the Absolute Series Scanner but still prefered MyAnime in MP for some reason until now.
    Plex even also does Live TV and they also provide you with an EPG with detailed data with no hassle.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    seems like Plex will stop support:

What's Next For Shoko - Shoko Anime

Shoko on Plex
    The Plex team announced awhile back that they would be removing the plugin directory and eventually remove plugin support altogether. When this was announced we decided to put Shoko on Plex into maintenance mode and instead focus effort on Shoko Metadata. This is still the current plan until Plex decides to completely remove plugin support.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have seen that Dev team made some changes in the source code to address the 2 issues.
    Unfortunately i don't know how to compile the source to get a working plugin

If somebody could give a helping hand would be highly appreciated

Thanks & Cheers,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom