My Anime 3 (2 Viewers)

cunnox

Portal Member
October 3, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Here are the logs from a successful install, this time on a third system with a virgin install of MP and MyAnime3.
In all cases installing MA3 could not be done automatically via MPEI, each time I needed to open MPEI and use the install local extension option.

Attachments

• MA3_Success_05_05_12__11_33.zip
    935.1 KB

cunnox

Portal Member
October 3, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
And ten minutes later it broke!
Here are the logs after MA3 stopped working.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Sorry haven't had a look yet, but will do so in the next couple of days.
Are you using the same version of MP on all 3 machines?

cunnox

Portal Member
October 3, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Yes my Htpc has always run the latest version of MP and is quite stable, the other two are family computers which I used purely for testing, they don't normally use nor ever have had MP installed. Quite strangely the third (last) system I used is now working, after a complete uninstall/reinstall of MP, and I've been fucking with all types of settings trying to get it to fail again to no avail. I hope my supplied logs can throw some light on it.
Thanks for looking into it.
And thanks for a great plugin. Been using version 2 for quite a while.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Yes my Htpc has always run the latest version of MP and is quite stable, the other two are family computers which I used purely for testing, they don't normally use nor ever have had MP installed. Quite strangely the third (last) system I used is now working, after a complete uninstall/reinstall of MP, and I've been fucking with all types of settings trying to get it to fail again to no avail. I hope my supplied logs can throw some light on it.
Thanks for looking into it.
And thanks for a great plugin. Been using version 2 for quite a while.

Yeah I've just upgraded to MP 1.2.3 (from 1.2.0) on my 2 test PC's and can't reproduce your problems.

I'll keep looking to see what I can find.

Choppie

May 6, 2012
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
I have a similar problem to Cunnox. It was working without any issues, i updated mp to 1.2.3, it was still working fine, I updated JMM desktop, played around with it a bit and when I tried to use MyAnime in MP after that ,it wouldnt work. I have tried installing the older version of MyAnime 3 (3.0.4.2) and I,m now on 3.1.2, still no luck. I'm currently running streamedMP 1.7.7.3113 in MP 1.2.3 and using MyAnime 3.1.2.

Great update btw. Like the JMM desktop tool!

Argai

Portal Member
January 1, 2012
I'm using JMM now, but it took me some time to figure things out with handling unrecognized files in relationship with avdump2
It seems I have to add a new groep and series, no matter what. Then I can use avdump en add a new relaese to add my files to aniDB
After a new import, shouldn't they disappaer from the list <manual links>? because the files exist on aniDB.

I also have some ripped dvd's on my hdd. (video-ts folder) JMM does not see them, so my catalog wil be incompleet.
Can this be added? automatic or manual?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have a similar problem to Cunnox. It was working without any issues, i updated mp to 1.2.3, it was still working fine, I updated JMM desktop, played around with it a bit and when I tried to use MyAnime in MP after that ,it wouldnt work. I have tried installing the older version of MyAnime 3 (3.0.4.2) and I,m now on 3.1.2, still no luck. I'm currently running streamedMP 1.7.7.3113 in MP 1.2.3 and using MyAnime 3.1.2.

Sounds like I could have released versions that are incompatible with each other.
I will release an updated version of all components today, to see if that fixes the problem.

I'm using JMM now, but it took me some time to figure things out with handling unrecognized files in relationship with avdump2
It seems I have to add a new groep and series, no matter what. Then I can use avdump en add a new relaese to add my files to aniDB
After a new import, shouldn't they disappaer from the list <manual links>? because the files exist on aniDB.

I also have some ripped dvd's on my hdd. (video-ts folder) JMM does not see them, so my catalog wil be incompleet.
Can this be added? automatic or manual?

If it is files you have encoded yourself, you shouldn't really be adding them to AniDB. Unless of course you also release them to the public.
If you have manually linked them and then added them to AniDB later, you will need to go to the files in the episode list, and press "Re-scan". This should pull the info from AniDB.

I'm not handling video-ts at the moment. But if the files have a specific extension (e.g. .vob, .ts) you can add them that to the list of files types JMM will scan in the first tab in the settings in JMM Desktop

zoom

Portal Member
March 9, 2011
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Hello there. I've been checking out JMM (My Anime 3) for the past 2 days and thought I'd give you some feedback.
First of all, I am really happy that someone continues with plugins for us, anime fans. Until today, I have been using My Anime 2 and had no problem with it except the fact that very few new MediaPortal skins supported that plugin. I've been using the Maya skin (which I really like - simplicity) with some modified files from MrCrabs here. It is he whom I thank to be able to use MediaPortal all these months.

Over time, I wanted to try the new skins that appeared, but they did not support MyAnime plugin (Avalon, Avallonis, Mustayaluca).

Now enter you guys. My Anime 3 provides necessary files for the most popular skins and I think this is a great feature. This allows me to try these. Please continue with this and perhaps add support for the Maya skin in the future?

I am not easily impressed and I can dismiss applications and skins in a matter of seconds if I don't like them. However, I do like JMM and it has surpassed my expectations. It is nice and smooth and while I prefer the Windows Classic look (e.g. Moving Pictures plugin), JMM comes in second place in my ranking. But this is a personal taste, nothing to do with the functionality which is great.

Here are some notes that I wrote down when installing and configuring JMM for the first time:
- In the Initial Setup window where you enter... erm, some data (I forgot what), there should be an OK button to confirm the change. I remember there was a filed to enter something and the button to Test the value (a login perhaps?). After you successfully passed the test, you had to close the window with a red X on the top right. I think it would be more Windows-like to include an OK button to accept the changes and close the window.

- In JMM Server in Import Folder button, where you define folders to scan for movie files, there are two checkboxes - Drop Source and Drop Destination. I didn't know what these did and had to use Google which sent me to your wiki with the description. It would be nice to include a mouse-over tooltip on these two options.

- This point is not really a problem, maybe just lameness on my side. I did add and scan my anime folder in JMM, everything went great and JMM just synchronized my collection to My List on anidb.net. I would prefer to have an option whether to do this or not and if it is there, perhaps add it to some basic configuration window. Now I know there is an option in JMM Desktop in Settings - AniDB to not add new files to My List, but I installed the console later when JMM server was already scanning my files.

- Last but not least: The feature where JMM downloads watched episodes from MyAnimeList (MAL) and uploads/syncs the information to AniDB seems to not be working. When I press "Download Watched States from MAL", I am notified that the "Process is Queued" and that's it. Nothing changes. I did set my username and password in the Settings - Community Sites and verified, it is correct.

Overall, I am very happy with this plugin and it has now replaced My Anime 2 full time in my HTPC. Hopefully, this feedback will help you make it a tiny little bit better. :whistle:

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello there. I've been checking out JMM (My Anime 3) for the past 2 days and thought I'd give you some feedback.

Now enter you guys. My Anime 3 provides necessary files for the most popular skins and I think this is a great feature. This allows me to try these. Please continue with this and perhaps add support for the Maya skin in the future?

Hi thanks for taking time to try out JMM and give feedback :)

I have added an issue to support Maya here (you can star it to be notified when it is done)
http://code.google.com/p/jmm/issues/detail?id=194
Currently working on Black Glass and aMPed support, but will take a look at this later.

- In the Initial Setup window where you enter... erm, some data (I forgot what), there should be an OK button to confirm the change. I remember there was a filed to enter something and the button to Test the value (a login perhaps?). After you successfully passed the test, you had to close the window with a red X on the top right. I think it would be more Windows-like to include an OK button to accept the changes and close the window.

Agreed
http://code.google.com/p/jmm/issues/detail?id=195

- In JMM Server in Import Folder button, where you define folders to scan for movie files, there are two checkboxes - Drop Source and Drop Destination. I didn't know what these did and had to use Google which sent me to your wiki with the description. It would be nice to include a mouse-over tooltip on these two options.

In JMM Server I actually have a link to the wiki, above the list of import folders.
I'll add that link to the actual window when you are adding an import folder as well. (for JMM Desktop as well)
http://code.google.com/p/jmm/issues/detail?id=196

- This point is not really a problem, maybe just lameness on my side. I did add and scan my anime folder in JMM, everything went great and JMM just synchronized my collection to My List on anidb.net. I would prefer to have an option whether to do this or not and if it is there, perhaps add it to some basic configuration window. Now I know there is an option in JMM Desktop in Settings - AniDB to not add new files to My List, but I installed the console later when JMM server was already scanning my files.

Yeah the basic assumption is that you will want to take the watched states from your current AniDB account.
I will look at adding this an a question to the server "wizard", along with whether your series are grouped or not.
http://code.google.com/p/jmm/issues/detail?id=197

- Last but not least: The feature where JMM downloads watched episodes from MyAnimeList (MAL) and uploads/syncs the information to AniDB seems to not be working. When I press "Download Watched States from MAL", I am notified that the "Process is Queued" and that's it. Nothing changes. I did set my username and password in the Settings - Community Sites and verified, it is correct.

Can you check if any of your series have MAL links on them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom