My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Oh did You? thats kool I would have sent some of My file names but always end up renaming them if that matters or not lol

antennen

Portal Member
November 12, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
This sounds like a really cool plugin. But I think it would easier for you to integrate it with http://anidb.info, since they already have a UDP-interface for accessing their database and they also have some cool features like crc, md5 and sha1 hashes for almost every fansubbed anime. If you check crc instead you wouldn't have to parse any filenames, and you would just need a database for the hashed. Just a thougt. Anyway keep the good work up.

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Thanks for that info antennen!, i didn't know about that UDP interface, that's so much better than parsing html... :D

That got me thinking, if animenfo had a similar service... found out it does, but it's really basic... i can't get character/seiyuu info with that :(

But it's decided... i'll get all the basic and episode info from aniDB (they have better tumbnails than animenfo for the anime titles too, i'll have to parse the html for them though), and leave optional the character/seiyuu parsing html from animenfo.

The crc, hd5 may not be possible, as the commands in the anidb API does't seem to allow a search by that.. it only supports by id or title... anyways, i prefer parsing the filename, as anidb doesn't have all the fansubs and would leave out many versions.

Update: The setup form is almost done and i'm parsing full directories successfully now. I'll start with the aniDB interface now.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Wow! can't wait for it dude sounds awesome, I'm a user of AniDB so that will probably come in handy if thats what Your going with :D

antennen

Portal Member
November 12, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Awesome. I was wrong about the CRC thingies, search ed2k-hashes is supported though. It would take quite some time to hash an entire anime collection anyway.

Question about the nameparser. What kinds of filenames does it require? I tend to keep the original name and different fansubbing groups tend to use different kinds of systems. Here's a few of mine:

Code:
[Lunar] Bleach - 21 [CDC9CA6A].avi
[Lunar] Bleach - 63 v2 [h264][00A11870].mkv
Bleach_03.DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][407F0A0E].mkv
Bleach_10[v2].DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][5501E5D9].mkv
Fullmetal_Alchemist_43.DVD(H264.AAC)[KAA][92C48013](1000th_release).mkv
[AHQ] Gundam Seed - 48 - Day of Wrath.mkv
[SEED-Fansubs] Gundam SEED Destiny - 42.avi
[Shinsen-Subs]_Black_Blood_Brothers_-_04_[324DBBB8].avi
[TW]_Death_Note_EP06_[E2F47D8F].avi
[Animanda] Death Note - 06 [2C8274A2].avi
[V-A]_KARAS_The_Prophecy_[x264]_[75E95AAD].mkv
[a4e]Great_Teacher_Onizuka_10[divx5.05].ogm
[Lunar] REC - 07 (XviD) [1AD5C317].mkv
[Doremi_HF_Shakugan]_Pale_Cocoon_[Xvid][BAEE1167].avi
Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni_08_[WinD][xvid][6e3083dd].avi
[wind] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 07 - v2[xvid][2E154743].avi
[wind]_Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni_06_[xvid][28474095].avi

A parser that supports all these types of names sounds a bit hard. Maybe ed2k-hashes would be an easier option. That opens up a lot more possibilities to interact with the mylist. Like marking a episode as watched after watching it or adding a new file when it's not present in the mylist.

A feature that i would like is an icon or something when selecting a file that shows whether it's watched or not. Like the eye on AniDB. The data should be fetch from the MyList.

It's possible to request changes in the AniDB API here btw: http://wiki.anidb.info/w/UDP_API_DEV.

Keep the good work up!
antennen

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Ok, let me clear things up, the plugin will not funcion as a client for aniDB, at least at the time being... (i want to have a functional version as soon as possible) it will only use it's database for the anime information, i have advanced some in that.

antennen, thanks a lot for the filenames, the default rules parsed most of them.. i have to check with new rules if it can parse the rest or i have to add more logic to the parser. I always rename my files to clean them up, so i didn't have many different naming conventions.

Ok, i'll explain... the setup comes with some default parsing rules, which tells the parser how your file is named, i tried to do it in a simple way so you don't have to know regular expressions (i'll do later a "new rules wizard" that will guide step by step in the creation of these rules, in case the default ones aren't enough)
so, you select a rule, select a directory, and hopefully you'll get your filenames parsed.

So the parser is already done, works for everyone, and for any fansub so.. i'll stick with this option.

About the watched feature, i had something like that in mind managed by the local database, but again, it won't update your aniDB MyList for now, maybe in the future.. as an optional... cos first, i'd like to browse my collection even if i don't have an internet connection at that moment, so database will be local, and another reason is that not everyone will want their collection uploaded in aniDB.

Thanks for the support :)

antennen

Portal Member
November 12, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Of course the MyList features should be optional. Good to hear the parser works in a satisfying way. I'm looking forward to the beta. Regarding the offline browsing I already had that in mind with the MyList connection, cause AniDb aren't that happy every time a user downloads the status for their for instance 200eps Naruto folder.

Since I'm an AniDB user I would prefere if you should consider that option. It would benefit me the most at least:D. That's the easiest way for me to organize my collection, and i'm not always watching on the HEPC. Whatever. I would like to see a working version as soon as possible. This kind of turns me on ;), sort of.

This plugin is a must for the likes of me.

antennen

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Update

The aniDB client is almost done, there's only the episodes info left.
As aniDB API doesn't provide all information, i had to retrieve the missing fields from animenfo.
So basically, there's only the episode retrieval, some changes to the database and a revision to the filename parser to parse movie titles (files with no episode number in their name) to start with the GUI part of the plugin.

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
So much time has passed... College and work leave me with little time...
Anyway, i'm done with the information retrieval! Now i can dowload combined series information from aniDB and animenfo with the episode information.

I'm learning to make the skin file atm so i can start using the retrieved info in the GUI

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom