My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

vgplayer

February 10, 2008
I guess this died. This would be an awesome addition to MP. I was going to work on modifying the IMDB script but I really don't have the time. It would be nice to get the sources so the project can continue from Zelgadis' excellent work.

pafro1

Portal Member
March 6, 2007
Try giving TV series a go. If we/they can get the 'Views' function of the plugin to work correctly it will be very simple to switch between anime and tv shows within the plugin.

Also there are heaps of anime in the tvdb they are using. If only we could link it through to anidb...

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have written my own plugin, which uses AniDB to look up the information. I'm not much a User Interface guru, so it still has quite a bit of work needed.

Agreed it would be useful if tvdb had an AniDB ID field to make it easy to get banners as well.

I'll release the source once the kinks are worked out, so someone might make it into something useful.

pafro1

Portal Member
March 6, 2007
I have written my own plugin, which uses AniDB to look up the information. I'm not much a User Interface guru, so it still has quite a bit of work needed.

Agreed it would be useful if tvdb had an AniDB ID field to make it easy to get banners as well.

I'll release the source once the kinks are worked out, so someone might make it into something useful.

I'm sure the Anidb field shouldn't be too hard to get added as they have one for TV.com already. The GUI shouldn't be too hard to get done - I guess as long as there is enough output (labels) for the data for the skinners it should be fine?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Oh yeah, I have a GUI up and running already, but it's a bit ugly.
Didn't know much about MP when I started writing it, so went down the wrong track a bit.

But have a basic list view, and series info view etc (which i use on a day to day basis)
Need to go back and re-write a bit to support the standard layouts like list, icon, filmstrip etc.

CrashnBrn

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
Chicago
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Anybody want to share any of these plugins that they have been working on? :) An anime plugin would make my life so much easier!

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Ok here it is, obviously pretty basic at the moment, and comes with a lot of caveats
Note - you will need an account with AniDB to use this (see the readme.txt)

Folder_sm.jpg

Series_sm.jpg

pafro1

Portal Member
March 6, 2007
I'm testing it now.

Edit:

Works quite well. Tested it with Afro Samurai across a network and it was just as speedy as webAOM!

Requirements

MediaPortal 2.3.0

How to setup to access your files:

- Username must be entered in all lowercase. [Issue?]

- In the config for adding a folder view, add the folder that is the basefolder for your anime:

Eg. "c:\anime" would be added for the following structure:

c:\anime\Bleach\Bleach - 01.avi
c:\anime\One Piece\One Piece - 134.avi
c:\anime\Major\Major - 06.mkv

Note: Any display name would do - i used 'Anime'

Issues

- When changing from Folders view to Genre it wont cycle back to folder (I believe that the other views are ready yet so this isn't a big deal, just something that could come up later?)

- I noticed that when it hashes then updates from anidb, it has to relogin everytime? Wouldn't be more efficient to hash a folder, then login perform the checking for all gathered folders, then logout and move onto the next folder? (Or for that matter do a full hash scan, then batch process to anidb?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom