My Anime plugin (1 Viewer)

Scoobsheister

Portal Pro
June 21, 2006
good to see that this plugin is still alive, looking forward to trying it out when you're finished

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Well, my vacations are over, back to reality

Finally i'm getting somewhere with the skin file, it's not much but i think i'm starting to get the hold of it..., i'm at work now, so i'll add some screenshots when i get home

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Small preview

It's quite far from over, but it's starting to look like a real plugin :D

myanimegroupselection6wp.jpg

itherseed

January 3, 2007
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
looking good, love the naruto hair on the icon

I hate Naruto but the idea for the icon is cool, it can be changed I hope.
Don't be shy and share the source code as soon as posible, probably someone want to help you with it! Look like this one will be a favorite, thanks!

Zelgadis

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
Thanks for the replies :)

The icon can be changed of course, as easy as replacing a file, my original idea was to add anime eyes to the icon, but looked ugly without hair, and as i cannot draw at all :p i came up with this idea. I also though of using Goku, but couldn't find images with him looking forward, i tried to choose main characters of popular animes, but i knew that no matter which character i chose, not everybody would like it...

As for the source code, i want to have at least a functional version first to try myself, the screen you saw its my first attempt with skin files, and it's the prototype of the Group selection screen.

The Groups are a way to order the various related titles of the same anime.
For example, i create a group, called Slayers, in which i add the Tv series, the movies and OVAs.
After i select the group, i'll see in the next screen, the titles in the group.
It the basic idea, im sure i'll add and change stuff along the way :D

Ryoga79

Portal Pro
January 14, 2007
Just a quick ping to see how the plugin development is coming along...i currently use MyTVSeries for both my TV and anime, but a separate plugin for my anime would be fantastic! Not to mention it'd be great to group my series, such as .hack into one group, that way my list isn't a mile long :)

I didn't see it mentioned in the thread, but i noticed you're pulling series images from anidb.net...is it possible to have a "banner" view as well, to keep it consistent with MyTVSeries? There are a lot of great anime banners on http://tvdb.zsori.com that would go great with a plugin like this!

If you're looking for any beta testers, i have a HUGE anime collection, so i'd be happy to oblidge.

Thanks!

Shaftstick

Portal Member
July 7, 2006
Home Country
France France
hi all is this plugin ever in developpement it's die??

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
AniDB

Hi, also just checking how this project is going.

Regarding the interface to AniDB.
I have previously written an application which uses the AniDB UDP interface.
It does all the hashing, data retrieval, renaming etc.

It is written in C#/.Net 2.0 and is available as a library. If you are still considering using the AniDB interface down the track, I can give you the library or the source code (even if it's just as a sample to see how the API works)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom