My Anime plugin (1 Viewer)

tgxiii

Portal Pro
November 17, 2008
It's great to see lwerndly getting some help with this amazing plugin. =) Have you two considered using Google Code? It might help you guys collaborate easier.

And while I'm hear, I'd like to submit a feature request for Version 2, if I may. ^_^

Would it be possible to choose the title of a series from a list of available ones from the Main Title, Official Titles, and Synonyms. For example, Gundam 00: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5252

The list of available titles would include Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 (Main Title), Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Official Title - English), and the synonyms: Gundam Double O, Gundam Double Oh, etc.

Thanks again, lwerndly, for all your hard work on this plugin. It definitely enhances the viewing experience on my HTPC. And thank you bert_r for your help as well.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Yeah I will put the Version2 code on google when it is ready.

I will look at the synonyms, as they are contained in the API.
However it may be easier to just edit them manually (which will be possible in V2)

Skalp

Portal Member
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello Skalp,

I'm not sure what problem you have ... Is it only this error in the DB Manager or is there more?
- Does this error in the DB Manager occur when you click on all animes? Or only certain animes?
- You said "Tested with API on anidb.net for rename all series (it's ok)". Do you mean that, in MediaPortal, the episodes are renamed (on screen) as expected? Are the other functions working (watched state, anime info, ...)?
- Have you checked if your files are added to your AniDB MyList?

@lwerndly
On my own system, I never got the logging to work. I'm debugging by writing manually to a logfile.
Is there a special action required to enable logging? I set the logging in the MediaPortal options to 'Debug', but that doesn't have any effect.

I've renamed episodes with Automatic option in AniDB UDP API Applet on anidb.net and all my series are in AniDB mylist. In MP, Anime Plugin don't detect anything and i have an error in Open DB Manager "ERROR no aid given". I think MyAnime doesn't connect with anidb. I don't know why.

@lwerndly : all files are ok (Windows XP Pro SP3)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've renamed episodes with Automatic option in AniDB UDP API Applet on anidb.net and all my series are in AniDB mylist. In MP, Anime Plugin don't detect anything and i have an error in Open DB Manager "ERROR no aid given". I think MyAnime doesn't connect with anidb. I don't know why.

@lwerndly : all files are ok (Windows XP Pro SP3)

You might want to check your MediaPortal.log file, there could be some errors there

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Skalp,

Could you tell us the file size of
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\AnimeDatabaseV10. db3

It should be at least 69 kb. If it's less you probably forgot to copy the AnimeDatabaseV10.db3 file from the v0.29 archive to that location and as a result the plugin won't work.

Skalp

Portal Member
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
the file size of AnimeDatabaseV10. db3 is 69kb and the MP log is ok.

3 others tests for this night:

1-test my configuration with another computer (my game configuration [Vista X64] or my MSI Wind [XP Pro])
2-test my configuration with another router (Syslink WRT350N custom DD-WRT)
3-flash my router with last firmware (D-Link DIR-655 1.20 > 1.21)

EDITION:

Test in remote: port scan and port test (some applications lire utorrent webui, sabnzbd+, vnc, etc) : ok (router works perfectly with his 1.20 firmware)

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Skalp:
I have no idea what is happening for you ... A few extra questions:
- Are you using XP or Vista?
- What happens exactly in MediaPortal when you open the Anime plugin? Do you see the menu? ... And if you do, what happens when you go to utilities - file scan? Does it start hashing files (you should see info messages at the bottom)?
- Can you see anything in MediaPortal.log? Better yet, can you post it here?
- To be absolutely sure that you can (or cannot) connect to anidb, you can try telnet:
* go to start -> run
* type 'cmd' (+enter)
* type 'telnet api.anidb.info 9000' (+enter)
you should get a reply now
note that you shouldn't try this too much, or (according to the anidb wiki) they could ban you:
"If the API sees too many different UDP Ports from one IP within ~1 hour it will ban the IP. "​

Skalp

Portal Member
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Shame on me guys.... Rights for AnimeDatabaseV10. db3 are not good (i don't know why)... SYSTEM and Admin can't use it. I change rights and all is ok

:oops:

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
NEW RELEASE: v0.3.1

Change log:
  • CHANGED The 'watched' state will now be read from AniDB when processing it, and written when viewing the episode. Note that I have replaced the 'Add files to AniDB' with 'Update AniDB MyList'; So it isn't possible to just add files, I didn't think it was very useful, and would just complicate matters.
  • CHANGED: After playing an episode, the episode will be selected again (not just the last watched episode in the folder)
  • CHANGED: Completely downloaded series will be shown with a different color
  • CHANGED: Added a new view category: "completed Series"
  • CHANGED: Removed the not-yet-working folder style 'TV Series' - This will be re-implemented in v2
  • CHANGED: Removed 'hash...' and 'Info...' placeholders, and some other temporary labels
  • FIXED: If the version is newer than the latest downloadable version, hide 'download' button (in options page)
  • FIXED: When returning from an anime folder, the info of the selected anime wasn't shown
  • FIXED: Sub-header not correct when going back from an anime folder
  • FIXED: Show/Episode info and episode list are now updated when an episode is hashed
  • Note that I have updated almost all skin files ... so don't forget to replace them!

I think that after that I will wait until lwerndly finishes v2 before doing much else. Otherwise he (or we) will have to do everything twice.
The only things I think I may add in v1 are:
- Synchronize watched state to/from AniDB (in the plugin config).
- Refresh anime info (either manually or automatically). This is mainly for the 'completed series' view: If the series isn't complete when adding the show, the episode count isn't known ... so the series will never be seen as complete.

For those downloading the source: I had to change quite a lot (mainly for the screen update issues). So if you want to compare v0.3.0 or before with this version ... beware! :D

lwerndly: Is it possible to add these releases on your website and in the web service? Or will you keep only your releases there?

Attachments

• AnimePlugin_031.zip
    30.6 KB
  • AnimePlugin_source_031.zip
    30.7 KB

taalas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great news on the plugin, many thanks for your hard work guys!

I'd like to second the wish for an option for choosing which titles to use though (always use the english title alternative e.g.) - at the moment all my files show japanese series titles but english episode titles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom