My Anime plugin (2 Viewers)

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have updated the web service and service with links to the new versions.

Just noticed a couple of problems
1) The "TV Series" options has been removed within the plugin, but not the config screen
2) the background worker which is producing the "AddEpisodeEvent" causes the Series view (with episodes) to refresh every time the event fires.
This means the episode list is being constant refreshed

Using the plugin now, and some very nice touches :)

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hmmm, regarding the refreshes on AddEpisodeEvent: this is intentional. The problem is that when you open a directory with a new episode, after the hashing is done the file list keeps showing just the file name. Therefore I added a folder.Render() when you add an episode, which causes a refresh.
But indeed, when there are multiple episodes in the folder, the screen will refresh multiple times. Bot normally it takes a while to process one episode, so the refreshing isn't a nuisance I think.

Maybe it would be better to only refresh when the last episode is hashed? I'm not sure if that is possible ...
Another possibility: the Refresh() method takes an argument 'timePassed' ... maybe this can prevent multiple refreshes short after each other? I'll have a look at it.

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I can't get this new version to work.

It keeps throwing an exceptions to the error log (see attached Log)

[ERROR][MPMain]: Exception: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

I already tried a complete reinstall of mediaportal 1.0.1 on my test machine, and installed version 0.31 of the anime plugin including the clean db and skin files to the appropriate directories. But it still isn't working correctly.

The All shows view is empty, and throws the exception.

If I go to the new episodes view, all files i added recently are there and i can play them from that location.
If i go to last watched and select view series, it does show the series info and all the episodes on my htpc.

After I put back the 0.30 release with the 0.29 skinfiles everything is working fine again, but for some reason i can't get the 0.31 version to work. Am i missing something ?

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Strange, it seems there is no associated AnimeID for the folder in the cache, even though the cache is always updated when retrieving the show info (which is done first thing when you open the folder) ... Whatever the cause, I have updated the plugin so it shouldn't crash in this case.

NEW RELEASE: v0.3.2:
  • FIXED: The "TV Series" option was removed within the plugin, but not the config screen
  • FIXED: Possible crash (System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException) in v0.3.1

If you have installed v0.3.1, you only need to replace the dll.

Attachments

• AnimePlugin_032.zip
    30.6 KB
  • AnimePlugin_source_032.zip
    30.7 KB

slamdance

Portal Member
July 9, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The 0.32 release works like a charm, thank you.

It still generates some The path is not of a legal form. error's though, but i think earlier versions of the plugin did as well.

FdL

Portal Pro
April 17, 2009
I installed this and got it working, as far as I know. But importing the series takes AGES. It tries to make a hash from each file, which takes really too long.

But my main problem apart from this is that most anime I have is backed up on dvds. So this can't do like with TVSeries, where you pop in a DVD and it scans it for content and it's automatically imported to the database. I would love this plugin to do that.

bert_r

Portal Pro
April 7, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
If you enable the 'web service', hashing should not always be necessary (only for files it doesn't find on the web service). The hashing on itself is necessary because it's needed to find the files on AniDB. TV Series doesn't need to know exact which file it is (only the series and episode number), for AniDB we need the anime, epispde, scanlator, ans sometimes there are multiple files per scanslator ... so hashing is necessary.
I'll have a look into the hashing algorithm and see if it could be optimized for speed ... don't expect much though!

Regarding DVDs: lwerndly is busy redesinging the plugin to work more like 'TV Series', maybe this will also improve.
In the mean time, isn't it possible to add an anime location 'dvd', and just swap the DVD when necessery? I've never tried it though ... I've bought a 1TB HDD for all my anime, it's faster and you don't need to swap disks all the time.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Regarding DVDs: lwerndly is busy redesinging the plugin to work more like 'TV Series', maybe this will also improve.

@lwerndly

Speaking of which, is it possible for you to post a work in progress screenshot? I'm very curious to see what your plugin is evolving into.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you enable the 'web service', hashing should not always be necessary (only for files it doesn't find on the web service). The hashing on itself is necessary because it's needed to find the files on AniDB. TV Series doesn't need to know exact which file it is (only the series and episode number), for AniDB we need the anime, epispde, scanlator, ans sometimes there are multiple files per scanslator ... so hashing is necessary.
    I'll have a look into the hashing algorithm and see if it could be optimized for speed ... don't expect much though!

Yup as bert_r says, we can't really use the same name pattern matching that MP-TV Series uses because we would miss out on a lot of the information. Also the groups doing anime do not follow the same naming rules and seasons that is common with US TV shows and TheTvDB.

As far making the hashing faster I don't think you will get many gains there. The speed of hashing relates to the speed of your hard disk/DVD more than hashing algorithm.

In regards to using DVD's, I do have some ideas on how to support this and will try to integrate into the next version.

@Raytestrak

At the moment the new version looks exactly like the Blue3Wide version of MP-Tv Series. My goal this time is to keep it as close as possible to MP-Tv Series. I will look at doing versions for other popular skins like streamedmp as well.

I'll do a work in progress once I have something that actually works (the current one is a UI prototype). Most of the stuff I am doing revolves around cleaning up and fixing underlying code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom