My Anime plugin (3 Viewers)

Aemony

Portal Member
January 18, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have, w/o any problems. It also works on Seven w/o problems. Also I suspected it was an address problem since it's somewhat of the only possible changeable setting in the plugin. It's not like you can change the protocol used easily without modifying the dll-file directly.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Your plugins gives way more info, but I just like the way my tv-series looks with the wallpapers and episode image from thetvdb.org. If you want I'll post screenshots to show you what I mean.

Yeah after reading your comments I Installed "My TV series", and I like the way it looks as well.
I will take a look at doing an alternative skin/option for eumlating that sort of view.
The only problem I have is that the majority of anime series do not have banners, which is why I removed the focus on them.

I do have a feature request, though. I'm not sure how much effort it would be to implement something like this, but would it be possible to add in functionality to manually enter information edit the information downloaded from AniDB for each file? Reason I ask is for a specific dilemma I have with the series "Spice and Wolf." AniDB disregards the episode that was not aired on TV and considers it an OVA, so it's not in the sequence. Please take a look at the screenshot I posted....I'd like it to be included in the sequence though, so if I could manually edit the information that would be great.....

Yup this should be possible. Adding to the to do list, for next release

I love this plugin, it's become the backbone for my entire media setup, *but* I'm having a little problem with the "Media Drop" function on the latest release.

I've the folder set up, the destination for files to be moved (if they didn't have a location in the database already), but it doesn't seem to be hashing or moving anything I stick in the drop folder.

Let me know what you'll need from me to debug this if you have time, but even without the drop function working for me, I love this plugin!

Yeah the drop functionality is essential for me, being lazy and all.
Can you PM me a screenshot of your setup for the drop functionality?
Also when you start the plugin, do you go to the DROP folder? Nothing happens until you do this at the moment.
If you are doing this, can you see that it is hashing the files?
Also PM me your error log :)

Hi
i've tested your plugin on a win2003 installation and it worked
now i've installed MP and your plugin ina Vista64 machine, and i get a "Missing or invalid file:" error
i've installed all skin files in 0.29, but i still getting that error.

Yeah there is a problem sometimes in Vista binding to the local ports for AniDB if it finds more than one IP address.
If you have a look in your mediaportal.log file you will find something like this

-------- Local IP Addresses --------
IP Address: 192.168.153.113 : 4555
Favoured IP Found: 192.168.153.113
IP Address: 5.150.225.103 : 4555
-------- End Local IP Addresses --------

Sometimes the plugin will not bind to a proper IP address, but a virtaul address that Vista creates.
You can override this in the plugin configuration setting "Preferred Local IP Address"
For myself I used "192.168.153.113" (without the quotes)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi lwerndly,

Good to see you are still around.

In case you are open for improvement suggestions for the folder view:

Having a significant number of anime titles stored creates quite some time until you scroll near the end (even with page jump)

I propose to have something like a horizontal pre-selection line where you can select the first character of the title and get then only these titles with their folders selected; e.g:

A C D E F G H I J ...

Baccano
    Bakuretsu Tenshi
    Bamboo Blade
    Bleach
    Bounty Dog

Cheers,
    yhoogi

tgxiii

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2008
    I'm actually just using the skin files that come with this plugin with StreamedMP. Just copy the xml files in the Blue3wide folder into the StreamedMP folder.

But if there's anyone who made a custom skin for StreamedMP, I'd be interested in that as well.

Aemony

Portal Member
    January 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm actually just using the skin files that come with this plugin with StreamedMP. Just copy the xml files in the Blue3wide folder into the StreamedMP folder.

But if there's anyone who made a custom skin for StreamedMP, I'd be interested in that as well.

I customized the default plugin skin after StreamedMP a while ago, but lost the skin files in a HDD crash I had a month ago. That was also when I lost interest in MediaPortal, and I haven't used it since then. If you really need a skin I can probably fix a new one in a day or two, but from my previous experience some things, like the update notice, won't work as intended. Also the skin files I can create will probably just cover the basics, as I had way to much problems before with the actor/character page alignments.

@Paglioni:
    StreamedMP doesn't have any support for a mouse, which might be why you can't use it.

Paglioni

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    @Paglioni:
    StreamedMP doesn't have any support for a mouse, which might be why you can't use it.

I use mouse in some clients, and it's working almost perfectly in StreadmedMP. Only problem is in myAnimeList (with copied blue3wide skin files) where some buttons don't highlight on mouseover, nor they work when clicked.
    Anyway i don't have the time, now, to learn how skin files work, maybe this summer i'll give a look, if my work gives me some break

Rhym

Portal Member
    March 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Nice plugin. It's nice to see someone taking an initiative to make a plugin especially for anime :) It is a bit too unfinished for me to use just yet though. I'm spoiled by TV series :p

My dream though is a straight copy of TV Series, with a focus on Anime. Posters, banners, fanart and all! Since most anime doesn't have much/any episode info, just matching the folders to the series could work. And thetvdb.com already has a lot of anime. It could use more though. And more complete info.

Thats not to say TV series doesn't work with anime as is. But the only option for now is mixing it all in with the other TV series. Too messy. And the anime info can be a bit lacking. TV series and thetvdb.com also requires episodes, which fansubbers never take into account. As well as the current import expressions being terrible for anime fansub naming rules.

Here is TV Series with StreamedMP skin. Just pretend what it would look like with Bleach or something :)
    rhym004.JPG

rhym005.JPG

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    My thoughts exactly. Tanhgarth has made a copy of the tvseries plugin which can run simultaniously with the normal tv series plugin, but I can't get it to work unfortunately. Check that thread out. And regarding to thetvdb.com not being complete, it's out duty to fill it up :p
    All my animes are listed and if I have added fanart for series which didn't have it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom