Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here's the link to mpthumbupdater:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/mp-tv-series-thumbnail-updater-78-released-59678/

Current version is 0.82.
    Only the mtn part is needed to create the thumbnails, I use mtn.exe -b 1 -B 8 -D6 -W -j 90 -o .jpg -P -c 1 -r 1 -t -w 400 -z -i "Y:\Anime\" to create the thumbs.

I must say, altthough it's very handy, it's better to update thetvdb.com. When you share your images you 'support the community' and mptvseries is only so good because of all the fanart, posters, thumbs etc on it.

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Test 5

• Cleaned up Raytestrak's Mediastream skin files and included in package
    • Now remembers users last layout and view selections
    • Included bert_r's change to get mylist status from the mylistadd command.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for cleaning up my messy xml's :)
    Even I understand it better now, I do still see some bugs though, I'll try to help fix them if I can.

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    I must have missed something somewhere. I just downloaded the most recent version, 4 or 5 I think. It doesn't seem to detect any of my files, when I add a series before adding a group, it gives an unhandled exception error, most of the menu items in MP don't do anything, and adding a series doesn't show it in the MP-Config GUI, but they do show up in the MP GUI.

I thought the plugin had been working well, is this a complete re-write?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I must have missed something somewhere. I just downloaded the most recent version, 4 or 5 I think. It doesn't seem to detect any of my files, when I add a series before adding a group, it gives an unhandled exception error, most of the menu items in MP don't do anything, and adding a series doesn't show it in the MP-Config GUI, but they do show up in the MP GUI.

I thought the plugin had been working well, is this a complete re-write?

Every version so far should upgrade without any problems.
    Although given it is still early in development it is bound to have some serious bugs.
    Maybe there is something in your logs?

Yeah you need to add a group before you can add a series.
    Need some data checking there.

I assume you are running the "Run Import" function?

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Iwerndly,

Seems like the v2 currently did not have a DB cleanup function, right?

Cheers,

Note 2 scythe000:
    You have to look under "Utilities" after starting "Run Import"

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    For those still interested in v1 of this plugin:

NEW RELEASE 0.3.8:
    • CHANGE: Improved hashing speed

I have implemented a C dll which handles the ed2k hashing mainly in assembly. Depending on your disk's speed and the PC's performance the hashing speed should improve quite a lot. On my old P4 machine hashing times decreases 20-30%, on my newer HTPC (AMD athlon 4850e processor) the time decreases 45-55%.
    Note that this method is developed for x86-based machines, 64-bit machines will probably not work although slamdance reports that it seems to work on 64-bit machines too. If there are problems with the new hashing method you can delete the dll, the plugin will then fall back to the old (slow) hashing method.

Note that you have to put the ed2k.dll in the MadiaPortal directory (with MediaPortal.exe). I haven't figured out yet how I can get it to load a dll on a relative path...

Attachments

• AnimePlugin_source_038.zip
      30.7 KB
    • ed2k_src.zip
      30.6 KB
    • AnimePlugin_038.zip
      30.6 KB

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    For those still interested in v1 of this plugin:

NEW RELEASE 0.3.8:
    • CHANGE: Improved hashing speed

I have implemented a C dll which handles the ed2k hashing mainly in assembly. Depending on your disk's speed and the PC's performance the hashing speed should improve quite a lot. On my old P4 machine hashing times decreases 20-30%, on my newer HTPC (AMD athlon 4850e processor) the time decreases 45-55%.
    Note that this method most likely only works on x86-based machines, 64-bit machines will probably not work. If there are problems with the new hashing method you can delete the dll, the plugin will then fall back to the old (slow) hashing method.

Note that you have to put the ed2k.dll in the MadiaPortal directory (with MediaPortal.exe). I haven't figured out yet how I can get it to load a dll on a relative path...

Well, I tried going to utilities and doing a file scan. It just sits there saying searching for files. I also tried doing a myanimelist scan, and it does the same thing.

slamdance

Portal Member
    July 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just tried it on my Vista x64 test machine and the new hashing works perfectly.

I can't see the string with the hashing % anymore though, it just starts getting data from the webserver.
    Is this because the hashing dll doesn't output the hashing % or is it just so fast, it doesn't have time to show the string ?

A little note on the addition of the Monochrome skin. It's missing AnimeLastWatched.xml

Attachments

• AnimeLastWatched.xml
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom